Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2021, 06:05 PM

33,389 posts, read 46,795,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
We ran about 5-6 months in our case ..she was a single mom after her husband fled so the judge was gentle with her
See I don't have patience for that type of stuff, that's why I can't advocate not being able to cover all 3 units myself (I keep using the 3 unit example)

I think for most SHTF after the debacle of 2008, people got multiple family houses on ARMs and lo and behold guess what could not afford it cause they aint know what they were getting into

At least thats part of it

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 06:51 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,828,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
If the government doesn’t want hordes of homeless on the streets, they should pay the landlords the rents—at least 75% of it. I feel so sorry for the smaller landlords.
Agreed, but there's more broke people than property owners.

1,000 broke Joe votes per owner can outweigh the small landlord lobby in NYC...

The government wants the votes and to keep the cash for themselves....

Old 08-31-2021, 09:08 PM

15,816 posts, read 6,639,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
It really doesn't matter. If the tenant is out of work who cares whose money bought it
Who cares whose money bought it ?

I would have been fit to be tied if government told me that I had to house strangers for free in my apartments.
I would like to see the reaction of single family owners having evicted families forced on them to live for free.
Why not put the burden on rent paying tenants as well................

The government has made property owning Americans
pay for current problems that government can't solve.
Government Responsibilities dumped on taxpayers.

If tenants haven't paid rent in over a year because they can't
they are the burden of the taxpayers as a whole not the individual
property owners.

I wish the Landlords a much deserved Victory..............

Old 08-31-2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Who cares whose money bought it ?

I would have been fit to be tied if government told me that I had to house strangers for free in my apartments.
I would like to see the reaction of single family owners having evicted families forced on them to live for free.
Why not put the burden on rent paying tenants as well................

The government has made property owning Americans
pay for current problems that government can't solve.
Government Responsibilities dumped on taxpayers.

If tenants haven't paid rent in over a year because they can't
they are the burden of the taxpayers as a whole not the individual
property owners.

I wish the Landlords a much deserved Victory..............
Why not start renting the rooms out in your house to make up the difference? Gotta make money in the meantime, right?

Old 08-31-2021, 10:06 PM

18,839 posts, read 13,725,226 times
So that they can stop paying and be allowed to live in your house for free too?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-31-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
So that they can stop paying and be allowed to live in your house for free too?
Any tenant has the ability to stop paying at any time regardless of government involvement

Old 09-01-2021, 07:05 AM

Government involvement starts when they force you to keep them. My point all along is that I don't care why they aren't paying. That's not the landlord's problem. The landlord's problem is government not allowing immediate evictions. Eviction court should not even consider "why". Really think about that for a minute. No answer to "why" justifies forcing a private citizen to care for another private citizen once a contract (read: lease) has been broken by the other party.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-01-2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Government involvement starts when they force you to keep them. My point all along is that I don't care why they aren't paying. That's not the landlord's problem. The landlord's problem is government not allowing immediate evictions. Eviction court should not even consider "why". Really think about that for a minute. No answer to "why" justifies forcing a private citizen to care for another private citizen once a contract (read: lease) has been broken by the other party.
Screw the unemployed

What pandemic

Lol

Old 09-01-2021, 07:47 AM

2,368 posts, read 1,164,255 times
One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain-Thomas Sowell

Old 09-01-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Screw the unemployed

What pandemic

Lol
Again, I didn't say that. The issue here is the government wanting to "do something", but using landlords' backs to do it instead of finding the financial resources to do it properly.

If government wants to help variously affected parties, find the money and then face the voters come election time to find out if the right choice was made. As for shifting the burden directly onto a different party? That should be illegal.

It's always either or. A lot of the connections you try to make are insulting simplifications. People here can think.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City