Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 09:12 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Now they are saying the vaccine mandate is racist.
Well to be honest, on this topic I agree with BLM. So many pharmaceuticals were tested on people of color and on the poor so it doesn’t surprise me that they are skeptical of receiving this experimental “emergency use” vaccine that by now has over 650k logged adverse cases on VAERS. And because of their distrust (which I understand 110%), they are being segregated from society, prevented from working certain jobs and from dining indoors.

With the above being said, in the past, the justice department had sued various organizations here in the city for institutional bias even though the discrimination was caused indirectly. An example of this is the fire fighters exam where certain demographics scored lower - for whatever reasons, and so the majority of workers wounded up being white males. The city fought allegations of discrimination and they lost the case having to pay out millions to those who were affected.

Whether you agree with the case above or not, these vaccine mandates are obviously causing institutional bias if the the majority of those unvaccinated are people of color.

Some people also have religious reasons, so to make a person choose between their religion and a vaccine is definitely religious bias as well.

I don’t trust the FDA myself. Back in the day, the American taxpayer funded this organization to look out for bad food and prescription medication- but today, it is funded by the very pharmaceutical companies that pressure the CDC to impose these mandates in order to make money. Think about it- if a vaccine is required every 8 months, then it is pure garbage but a big money maker for the pharmaceutical company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 02:31 AM

416 posts, read 247,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Because if the plaintiff instigated with hate speech (racial epithets) then they'd be facing double the jail time, and the victim would likely be able to plead down due to aggravating factors.
What's the double of 0?

Old 09-23-2021, 05:17 AM

608 posts, read 239,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
Why would charges be dropped? You're not allowed to physically attack people because they call you a name or get sarcastic.
To answer that specific question;

...because prosecutors in woke, liberal cities and, hate crime legislation in general, effectively allows Blacks to use physical force as a response to the use of perceived racial words.

NOTE: the claim that a racial word was used does not need evidence or to be substantiated in any way.

Yet if a Black loudly and publically uses racial insults towards a Chinese and Jewish person, then assaults them, becaise the perpetrator is Black, the crime will not be prosecuted as a hate crime (when it clearly is).

Hank and his harem of fat b----es changed their story several times already, when the video kept proving them more and more wrong, they moved the golaposts some more; even Jussie had a better story (Justice for Juicy).

------------

However, Black people have many legitimate historical reasons not to trust a government mandated vaccine, and anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together to keep each other warm has legitimate evidence not to trust Albert Lourta's Pfizer garbage.

Old 09-23-2021, 09:29 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,672,681 times
The lack of objectivity in this thread, by many posters!

The failure to put aside political biases is so obvious, in these posts!

Old 09-23-2021, 09:31 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Well to be honest, on this topic I agree with BLM. So many pharmaceuticals were tested on people of color and on the poor so it doesn’t surprise me that they are skeptical of receiving this experimental “emergency use” vaccine that by now has over 650k logged adverse cases on VAERS. And because of their distrust (which I understand 110%), they are being segregated from society, prevented from working certain jobs and from dining indoors.

With the above being said, in the past, the justice department had sued various organizations here in the city for institutional bias even though the discrimination was caused indirectly. An example of this is the fire fighters exam where certain demographics scored lower - for whatever reasons, and so the majority of workers wounded up being white males. The city fought allegations of discrimination and they lost the case having to pay out millions to those who were affected.

Whether you agree with the case above or not, these vaccine mandates are obviously causing institutional bias if the the majority of those unvaccinated are people of color.

Some people also have religious reasons, so to make a person choose between their religion and a vaccine is definitely religious bias as well.

I don’t trust the FDA myself. Back in the day, the American taxpayer funded this organization to look out for bad food and prescription medication- but today, it is funded by the very pharmaceutical companies that pressure the CDC to impose these mandates in order to make money. Think about it- if a vaccine is required every 8 months, then it is pure garbage but a big money maker for the pharmaceutical company.
Let's say their distrust because of the past is valid- it still does not make this policy racist.
They have equal access to this free vaccine, and while I disagree with this mandate overall, black unvaccinated people are treated the same way as white unvaccinated people. There is no racism there.

Now if the city made it harder/impossible for blacks to be vaccinated it would be racist. If unvaccinated whites were allowed to dine where unvaccinated blacks couldn't it would be racist. But as it stands calling the policy racist is misguided at best.

No policy will every impact all races exactly the same. Should we get rid of laws against murder because the races will be impacted at different rates?

The fire department standards have been a perfect example of pandering nonsense. The most qualified people for the job should get the job period. At one point they either tried to lower or did lower the amount of weight female applicants would be required to lift which is of course absurd. I'm perfectly fine with either a man or a woman carrying me out of a fire- but don't want to die because some unqualfied person got hired due to lower standards. In the lawsuit you mentioned if white males just happened to be the most qualified then too bad for anyone else who didn't get hired. The most qualified deserve the job. If the most qualified were being denied the job, then that's a different story.

People should be treated equally regardless of their race, ethnicity or gender. This means based on merit. The merit in this case is whether or not someone is vaccinated. It doesn't mean you get to cry racism if you don't qualify for something based on merit, be it a job, a test, school or in this case the shots.

Old 09-23-2021, 11:23 AM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Let's say their distrust because of the past is valid- it still does not make this policy racist.
They have equal access to this free vaccine, and while I disagree with this mandate overall, black unvaccinated people are treated the same way as white unvaccinated people. There is no racism there.

Now if the city made it harder/impossible for blacks to be vaccinated it would be racist. If unvaccinated whites were allowed to dine where unvaccinated blacks couldn't it would be racist. But as it stands calling the policy racist is misguided at best.

No policy will every impact all races exactly the same. Should we get rid of laws against murder because the races will be impacted at different rates?

The fire department standards have been a perfect example of pandering nonsense. The most qualified people for the job should get the job period. At one point they either tried to lower or did lower the amount of weight female applicants would be required to lift which is of course absurd. I'm perfectly fine with either a man or a woman carrying me out of a fire- but don't want to die because some unqualfied person got hired due to lower standards. In the lawsuit you mentioned if white males just happened to be the most qualified then too bad for anyone else who didn't get hired. The most qualified deserve the job. If the most qualified were being denied the job, then that's a different story.

People should be treated equally regardless of their race, ethnicity or gender. This means based on merit. The merit in this case is whether or not someone is vaccinated. It doesn't mean you get to cry racism if you don't qualify for something based on merit, be it a job, a test, school or in this case the shots.
Yes, the fire department story may be pandering nonsense, but I am pointing out that the city - which is now usually on the lookout for anything racist, is now being hypocritical with their mandates. If the data shows that blacks are now the least vaccinated, then the city is hurting them - (by their own standards).

And by the way, a private business has the right to serve or not serve whomever they please - even if the customer is turned away because the restaurant doesn't like the color of a person's shoes. Unfortunately, vaccination status is now 100% legal within the business' right to serve or not serve a person. But this medical bias is coming from the State, not from the business.

Old 09-25-2021, 03:27 PM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is so awesome. A few of us called this. It happened within days of the mandate going i to effect. Lol

I mentioned back a while ago saying since the majority of un-vaccinated are Black
someone will come up with the idea of calling food establishments racists.............

Dinner is served.........

Old 09-25-2021, 05:08 PM

5,668 posts, read 2,608,456 times
Did anyone watch the video? I wasn't there obviously. I have no clue with what was said but the physical behavior from the people from Texas is unacceptable. You don't come to our city and put hands on people.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:29 PM

1,057 posts, read 547,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Because if the plaintiff instigated with hate speech (racial epithets) then they'd be facing double the jail time, and the victim would likely be able to plead down due to aggravating factors.
That is a ridiculous argument. So anybody could beat anybody up and say "he called me a name."

Furthermore your use of plaintiff and victim is mixed up here and incorrect. "The parties in a civil case are called the plaintiff, who brings the suit, and the defendant, who is being sued. In a criminal case, a prosecutor from the district attorney's office, representing the state or federal government, brings criminal charges against the accused, also termed the defendant."

Old 09-25-2021, 07:17 PM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
The lack of objectivity in this thread, by many posters!

The failure to put aside political biases is so obvious, in these posts!
It's all by design, I know you're not surprised

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City