Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 01:09 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,740 times

Advertisements

This is likely to be updated later or might already be breaking news. There was a vehicle accident in Co-op City today. Why I am making a thread is that I heard some of the children saying someone had a gun. Like wtf does this kind of thing around a school?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 01:45 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
In the Bronx? It wouldn't be the first time.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/09...dly-shootings/

https://bronx.news12.com/police-man-...nday-afternoon

https://abc7ny.com/bronx-shooting-me...round/5309965/

There are numerous links that span decades.

Old 09-21-2021, 04:00 PM

Not saying it's unique to any of the boroughs. It was just shocking to see this kind of thing so near to a school. I mean there were so many children around...

And also not in Co-op, which I specified in the title.

Old 09-21-2021, 04:15 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Don't know about that but there was a shooting in broad daylight at Metrotech Commons.

https://www.brooklynpaper.com/man-sh...otech-commons/

A broad daylight shooting near Downtown Brooklyn’s MetroTech Commons sent passersby and nearby vendors ducking for cover Tuesday afternoon.

Police say a man was shot in the arm at around 3 pm in or around 6 MetroTech. The building is part of NYU Tandon School of Engineering’s campus and also houses a Starbucks.

The victim’s injuries appear to be non-life threatening, according to authorities on the scene, who said the man was taken to a nearby hospital for examination. The suspect, however, got away.

A vendor at nearby Blank Street Coffee told Brooklyn Paper that they heard three shots fired, and proceeded to hide in the little green trailer they sell their goods out of.

Old 09-21-2021, 04:30 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,467,022 times
Call me when shootings happen on 5th ave

Oh wait

Old 09-21-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Don't know about that but there was a shooting in broad daylight at Metrotech Commons.

https://www.brooklynpaper.com/man-sh...otech-commons/

A broad daylight shooting near Downtown Brooklyn’s MetroTech Commons sent passersby and nearby vendors ducking for cover Tuesday afternoon.

Police say a man was shot in the arm at around 3 pm in or around 6 MetroTech. The building is part of NYU Tandon School of Engineering’s campus and also houses a Starbucks.

The victim’s injuries appear to be non-life threatening, according to authorities on the scene, who said the man was taken to a nearby hospital for examination. The suspect, however, got away.

A vendor at nearby Blank Street Coffee told Brooklyn Paper that they heard three shots fired, and proceeded to hide in the little green trailer they sell their goods out of.
https://abc7ny.com/at-least-8-hurt-i...hool/11035586/

This is it.

Old 09-21-2021, 04:53 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Oh, man. It sounds like something from a madcap movie. Sigh. smh.
Best to stay away from hordes of rowdy teenagers. This has happened before except it was in Manhattan near Hell's Kitchen (knife fight & stabbing that spilled onto the subway station when the kids ran there from the street in an attempt to get away). I remember because I was just one block away when all that started to happen.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:32 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
This is likely to be updated later or might already be breaking news. There was a vehicle accident in Co-op City today. Why I am making a thread is that I heard some of the children saying someone had a gun. Like wtf does this kind of thing around a school?!
You must be new

My HS had metal detectors

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-22-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Oh, man. It sounds like something from a madcap movie. Sigh. smh.
Best to stay away from hordes of rowdy teenagers. This has happened before except it was in Manhattan near Hell's Kitchen (knife fight & stabbing that spilled onto the subway station when the kids ran there from the street in an attempt to get away). I remember because I was just one block away when all that started to happen.
Facts. I made a note of the time it occurred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You must be new

My HS had metal detectors
Yes, I am new. Lol. I never thought of Co-op City as the hood. It kinda shocked me. It's been a while since I have been around that kind of scene.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:38 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Facts. I made a note of the time it occurred.

Yes, I am new. Lol. I never thought of Co-op City as the hood. It kinda shocked me. It's been a while since I have been around that kind of scene.
If you have friends or family in Co-op, ask them about Truman

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City