Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 06:47 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,597,628 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2021/09/27/nyc-wo...notes-to-cops/

Wonderful woman. Definitley blows a hole in the MSM narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2021, 07:52 PM

18,890 posts, read 13,776,530 times
Such a shame that there's not enough of her left to make risking jail worth it anymore.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-28-2021, 12:33 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,841,765 times
Eric Adams has a lot of work to do. I will write a thank you note to him personally when I see and hear of true change not only in just the department but the city. Until then, there will be no "thank you".

NYPD has never helped me, my family or friends ever. Both my Grandfathers came to NY in the early 60s and it's been nothing but racism at worst and indifference at best since then.

NYPD also is actively discriminating against my cousin and his friend who are currently employed for about 5 years in the force. Old school Italian and Irish still have a problem with young Black detectives for whatever reason.

Old 09-28-2021, 01:16 PM

lol

NYPD hasn't had an "old school Italian" leadership in well over 10 years, and though some recent uniform leadership was Irish, they're long gone now too. Shea still holds the top civilian spot, but he's a flunky who wouldn't dare act out any of what you're looking for even if he wanted to.

The NYPD has been thoroughly integrated for some time. If your family is having issues, it's because they operate from a position of looking for racism everywhere. When you want to find something, its never hard to do so, even if you have to make things up to accomplish it.

Regardless, thanks for proving my point. Unfortunately, this lady writing letters won't affect what happens to a white cop who unwittingly becomes involved in a political football. It's just not worth it anymore. If you look like me and can retire, you better.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-28-2021, 01:30 PM

3,687 posts, read 3,411,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Eric Adams has a lot of work to do. I will write a thank you note to him personally when I see and hear of true change not only in just the department but the city. Until then, there will be no "thank you".

NYPD has never helped me, my family or friends ever. Both my Grandfathers came to NY in the early 60s and it's been nothing but racism at worst and indifference at best since then.

NYPD also is actively discriminating against my cousin and his friend who are currently employed for about 5 years in the force. Old school Italian and Irish still have a problem with young Black detectives for whatever reason.
You remind me of some of my family members who feel everyone is racist towards them. Even if they lock eyes with a white person in the street for a half a second, they are convinced its racism. Even if someome dowant hold a door for them, its racism.

You seem to be locked into this victim mentality too. Whats finny is that as a brown guy I never seem to have these issues and I live and go to the same places they do.

Its mostly imaginary

Old 09-28-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You remind me of some of my family members who feel everyone is racist towards them. Even if they lock eyes with a white person in the street for a half a second, they are convinced its racism. Even if someome dowant hold a door for them, its racism.

You seem to be locked into this victim mentality too. Whats finny is that as a brown guy I never seem to have these issues and I live and go to the same places they do.

Its mostly imaginary
They did this experiment already on Oprah years ago and the White guy admitted that he had no idea how bad it was to be Black until they basically gave him the elaborate costume.

Maybe you should do that before commenting on something you couldn't possibly experience

This is exactly why I tell people who look like me not to have kids unless you have the money to insulate them from racism.

How "Brown" are you Mr. Patel/Rios

Old 09-28-2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The NYPD has been thoroughly integrated for some time. If your family is having issues, it's because they operate from a position of looking for racism everywhere
Is that why Edwin Raymond has been retaliated against for being a whistle-blower and they hate he's running for public office?

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ainst-the-nypd

Quote:
“I’m good in Brooklyn—people know me, I’ve lived here all my life. But I’ve been told, ‘If you go to Long Island, or upstate, you’d better bring your gun.’*”
Blue lives matter - As long as they're not Black

Old 09-28-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Is that why Edwin Raymond has been retaliated against for being a whistle-blower and they hate he's running for public office?

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ainst-the-nypd

Blue lives matter - As long as they're not Black
Must be true right? After all, your family sees it everywhere too, why shouldn't he?

Talk about a hyperbolic quote. Maybe Mr. Raymond should back it up with some examples and the names and context of those who supposedly gave him this info. I cannot recall any examples of white cops killing black cops, but maybe they happen and my white eyes just can't see them. That is how that works after all, right?

Old 09-28-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
How "Brown" are you Mr. Patel/Rios
Note this example of black racism.

Old 09-28-2021, 02:23 PM
PVW

287 posts, read 162,667 times
What a lovely lady, a class act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City