Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 03:16 PM

1,064 posts, read 545,889 times

Advertisements

I don't know where they're from in Colombia, but Medellin for example is very clean. The metro floor looks like you can eat off it. Their malls are nicer than ours here in NYC as well.

example of metro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 03:36 PM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
That's why you need to set an example with harsh punishment for lower level offenses. The Saudis cut off the hands of graffiti vandalizers with a scimitar in public. I don't think we need to go to that extreme. But a good caning in public will do.
You are wrong. Cut the hand off graffiti criminal and he will never do it again. Message sent and millions saved in cleanup and repaint.

Old 09-28-2021, 03:47 PM

6,452 posts, read 3,147,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
You are wrong. Cut the hand off graffiti criminal and he will never do it again. Message sent and millions saved in cleanup and repaint.
I agree.

A joke I heard, DECADES ago was: What do you call a first time shoplifter in Saudi Arabia?

Lefty.................

Old 09-28-2021, 04:44 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,238,298 times
I always thought Columbia was a crap hole country.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:57 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
So a tourist from Colombia is suddenly the authority on NYC and its "presentation" to how others see the city?

I mean, this just tells me this lady from Colombia is either not too well-traveled, or her expectations are unrealistic.

I'm sure folks could travel to her part of the world and call it a "drug lord region" of the world flippantly, and she would probably think they are not too well-traveled, uneducated and narrow-minded.

Opinions are like, well, ya'll know the saying. LOL

Old 09-28-2021, 05:28 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Not True.

Wonderful people , Music, and Culture. Food is horrible and so is rampant drug use in public view. Downtown Medellin El Centro is one big drug den of glue sniffers, drunks, hookers, and drug dealers. The outlining areas away from Centro could be quite nice looking.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:46 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
I don't think many people think highly of NYC these days either. The crime rate has risen so much and just so many noise makers in NYC. I see people riding loud dirt bikes that would be confiscated years ago are now riding throughout the streets. Fortunately with covid, there's not much pedestrians.

Just too many mentally ill looking people roaming around. And often randomly attacking people like the one with the nutjob carrying a machette and randomly trying to kill people.

Old 09-29-2021, 05:07 AM

5,683 posts, read 2,612,281 times
What do other countries do with all the mentally ill so they aren't roaming the streets?

Old 09-29-2021, 05:14 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I was in times square with my friend and a tourist stopped her and asked for some directions since she can speak Spanish. She started having a little conversation with them and then she tells me they are from Colombia and they said that NYC looks more scarier and dirtier now than back in their country!! They said they have never seen so many people do drugs in public or urinate.
Having spent a year in Guayaquil, Ecuador (over 20 years ago) and visiting Guayaquil more recently, I can tell you that Guayaquil is much scarier and dangerous than NYC currently is.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:33 AM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times
I walk down 8th or 9th ave (West Side) every morning to the office. Every morning, dodging bums, human feces, vomit, homeless sleeping on the street, even a needle, and more. It's not getting better either.

If this sounds like a great city to be in, you need help. My only relief is getting on the bus back home in the evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: