Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 07:28 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,873,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
I'm unfamiliar with the South Bronx, therefore not sure if that area has any good running trails, but if it doesn't, they should definitely factor that into the design of the community. Also, they should add grocery stores, like Whole Foods/Wegmans, a drug store, cafe, and a restaurant or two in that immediate area.
NOPE. NOT RIGHT NOW. to WF/Wegmans. Too early. the SB won't see this for YEARS to come
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2022, 07:35 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,873,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I saw that article today, from Friday in the Times.

I knew if NYC kept growing, and the economy was consistently good, the South Bronx by the water would eventually start to boom and grow, similar to growth in Long Island City, Greenpoint, and Williamsburg.

Granted, this growth is going to be a lot less of a "boom" overall, I *think*, than those 3 neighborhoods, but you never know.

It's been a long time coming and the demand seems to be there. Good stuff! Love to see it.

Also, this area will be PRIMED to get a Trader Joe's. I bet one lands here in the next couple of years.
not happening. not in the 2 years you're assuming

Old 02-15-2022, 12:48 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,177 times
I get emails and advertisements on Facebook and Instagram all the damn time about these buildings. As a Mott Haven resident, I welcome these changes. Bruckner is getting good restaurants and bars, something I've always wanted. Especially in the Summertime, I don't always want to be traveling to and from the city just to have dinner. Now there's potential in my backyard.

I just hope these people are doing research before just signing leases. Apparently they don't care as there are people filling in the buildings like wildfire. It would be dumb for people to move in just to complain about the neighbors / hood when Long Island City pretty much offers an upscaled experience for similar prices (and more developed to boot)

There are quite a few warehouses not in use around there that I know for a fact are getting torn down, so I'm just waiting to see how long before a "supertall" shows up. I'm talking 40 stories or more.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:15 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,256,731 times
The people that sung NYCs death knell couldn't be more wrong. There are now more clueless transplants moving here than before COVID. It's terrible.

Why? Rents are skyrocketing in other places. 1 bedrooms in Tampa and Austin are going for $2000. Even more LOL than NYC rents.

With rents being similar, where would you rather be if you're young and single?

Old 02-16-2022, 01:23 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,263 times
Covid according to Peter zeihan killed coastal cities for thr time being. More and more people are moving to thr hinterland and red states for more room. The age of the college educated white transplant to nyc is over. Can't wait for Dubai to replace nyc as the leading economic center of earth.

Old 12-29-2022, 04:38 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,914,424 times
Gentrification is rampant now in Mott Haven section of The Bronx near the waterfront and Buckner the old Yankees Stadium area is in early stages. Harlem 125th to Mott Haven a lot of developments.

Old 12-29-2022, 05:04 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,600,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpt111 View Post
gentrification is rampant now in mott haven section of the bronx near the waterfront and buckner the old yankees stadium area is in early stages. Harlem 125th to mott haven a lot of developments.
do u live there?

Old 12-29-2022, 05:04 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,914,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
do u live there?
No, I travel through the area you can see the changes compare to 2012

Old 12-30-2022, 06:17 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,158 times
A lot of new construction all over the Bronx. It's the 'no place left to build' factor as well as the Bronx's relatively extensive subway lines. But I still wonder what these buildings will look like in 5 years once the 'affordable' tenants have trashed the places. The developer wins no matter what, no matter what class of tenant rents an apartment.

https://newyorkyimby.com/?s=bronx&or...ate&order=desc

Old 12-30-2022, 04:41 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,600,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
No, I travel through the area you can see the changes compare to 2012
Thought so. Building new buildings doesn't mean gentrification is rampant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City