Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 09:13 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,034,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I adsolutely agree with you. My neighborhood is also facing the same problem, they knocked down a enterprise rent a car in Bath Beach and the community is fighting it.

No, I too do not want a freaking homeless shelter a few blocks from my apartment, I did my due dilligence to pick a nice hood to live in, I don't want a homeless shelter near me, let alone 150 single mentally ill men roaming the streets, hell to the eff no, I don't want this.

and how unfair of our officials think there is nothing wrong with plopping these shelters all across the board, BDB is the biggest loser ever, he wants to evenly distribute them, yeah, ruin all our neighborhoods you big freaking dufus, idiot.
Ah, yes. Now you know we in Chinatown (Manhattan) feel about drug addict rehab centers, methadone clinics, and homeless shelters. Been facing this problem for DECADES. I get flack from some people on this board for being too cruel to these degenerates. My response is that they are limousine liberals who don't live with the consequences of their actions. A major reason why Chinatown is dirty is because of the roving packs of mentally ill beggars and drug addicts who litter the streets and lie in front of store front entrances at night. These bums should be relocated somewhere nice like a forest in upstate NY. Just send police paddywagons out to round them up with tasers and nets. Then throw them into a work and reeducation camp. This is what would happen in China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 09:41 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,523,740 times
This is what they voted for. Tough luck.

Old 11-11-2021, 10:46 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,667,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
This is what they voted for. Tough luck.

well, I didn't vote for any of these idiots.

Old 11-11-2021, 01:29 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,634,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Why are people so shocked by this. This is the way things always have been. People just didn't always know they were living next to homeless shelters because it wasn't advertised and there was no google to check. I lived in a co-op building. Apartments ranged from half million to a few million and literally right next door was a homeless shelter. This is what you get when you live in a city. You want a gated community then go to the burbs.
Easy to say if you're a single childless man. The people that are going to be most effected by this are women and children.

Old 11-11-2021, 01:54 PM

5,698 posts, read 2,623,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Easy to say if you're a single childless man. The people that are going to be most effected by this are women and children.
Good thing I'm not a childless man then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City