Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 07:56 PM

132 posts, read 229,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
If you have the colonoscopy without an anesthetic (like Propofol) or Versed ( a sedative) you can drive home. I usually don't take anything for the procedure but the last time I had a colonoscopy it really hurt. There are certain bends in the colon where it's difficult to pass a colonoscope.

On the other hand, you can watch the procedure on the monitor and see the insides of your gut.
It's an endoscopy, not a colonoscopy but even with a colonoscopy I agree I could have driven home. But it's the rule the medical facility has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 08:11 PM

1,250 posts, read 677,649 times
You could probably hire someone for a couple of hours on rentafriend.com

Old 11-17-2021, 04:22 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
You could probably hire someone for a couple of hours on rentafriend.com
Rent a friend with a Covid Card ..............

Old 11-17-2021, 04:43 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeech View Post
It's an endoscopy, not a colonoscopy but even with a colonoscopy I agree I could have driven home. But it's the rule the medical facility has.
I think there is a local regulation that with any anesthesia that puts you to sleep with a medical procedure, one needs someone to accompany one home so that the medical facility won't be liable.

Old 11-17-2021, 06:14 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I think there is a local regulation that with any anesthesia that puts you to sleep with a medical procedure, one needs someone to accompany one home so that the medical facility won't be liable.
They need somebody to show up for you and physically walk out with you. Then they can't be held liable after you're out the door.

Old 11-17-2021, 06:31 AM

4,196 posts, read 4,077,595 times
Have you asked the facility if you could call a cab and have someone from the facility walk you out when it arrives? If it is a small facility they should be able to handle that. If it’s a large hospital maybe they have volunteers that could do that. Some people don’t have anyone to meet them so there must be a way they handle it.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:23 AM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
”Only choice is Walk into a government run 24 hour emergency clinic where rapid testing is free”

So...go to the clinic? I've done it several times (you schedule a couple days in advance to get the most convenient location for you). It's free, there hasn't been a long wait, and you get your results in a few hours. You're going to a hospital, where by definition people are medically vulnerable. What's the tragedy here?

Old 11-17-2021, 08:28 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
They need somebody to show up for you and physically walk out with you. Then they can't be held liable after you're out the door.
I don't understand why they can't do that. I don't understand why they aren't required to insure you are ok before they let you go.

And if the answer is expense... too bad.

The medical industry should be held to the "you break it you bought it rule". None of this drafting civilians to do the work of the medical provider.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:44 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I don't understand why they can't do that. I don't understand why they aren't required to insure you are ok before they let you go.

And if the answer is expense... too bad.

The medical industry should be held to the "you break it you bought it rule". None of this drafting civilians to do the work of the medical provider.
Because you are still drugged up. If you can't find someone I was told they have to admit you, you spend the night and then you can leave on your own the next day.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:53 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Because you are still drugged up. If you can't find someone I was told they have to admit you, you spend the night and then you can leave on your own the next day.
That is the medical industries problem. Not mine.

They should pay for someone to take you home or, at the very least, have the name and number of a several reliable services.

What is next, you are required to bring your own medical supplies for the doctor for procedures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City