Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2021, 03:53 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,780,433 times

Advertisements

It's on! Time for me to get building passes again so I can gain access to my building.

https://www.amny.com/new-york/manhat...ers-returning/

Large crowds of revelers will be welcomed back to Times Square to watch the ball drop and ring in 2022 on New Year’s Eve, Mayor Bill de Blasio confirmed Monday morning.

Hizzoner told reporters at his Nov. 15 daily briefing that the city would announce plans Tuesday for the big bash at the Crossroads of the World, promising to close out a year of recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic with “a large, wonderful celebration.”

Pre-pandemic, New Year’s Eve celebrations at Times Square drew upwards of a million spectators, braving even the harshest of conditions to participate in the world’s most famous New Year’s party. But last year’s New Year’s Eve in Times Square was devoid of spectators, with just a handful (by comparison) of essential workers, dignitaries and performers on hand to take part in a largely remote celebration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: