Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 02:48 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,170,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Oh I agree, assault is a crime but seriously, what are the police going to do with a person who punched someone once? Arrest them and let them go? Arrest and put in jail? Juvenile offender program? Honestly I don't know what happens to someone who punches someone here but I can imagine most of the time the person is just let go. So I don't see the point.
You don't think the woman she assaulted will file charges? Most people will and yes she will be brought into the police station. Even if it's catch and release with a minor it still needs to be on file. What if she displays this behavior again and no one knows about this time. Each offense goes into their profile. Honestly how does anyone not consider this these days. You are just so willing to let her get away with this. The police have a job to do not matter what the media spins about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 03:09 PM

169 posts, read 63,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
It turned out very poorly for the white woman and not so bad for the black man.

But anytime there's a confrontation about anything between strangers, like - please wear your mask, or please leash your dog, or please clean up your dog's poop, or please don't push your backpack into me on the train or whatever, there's a big chance for it not to end well no matter the race of the people involved.
only because it was filmed, and only because it was filmed.

Old 11-27-2021, 03:09 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,170,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Race relations are heated, this is no time to rest in privilege or be in denial...

As a Black Man I don't ask random White people to do anything for me. I don't talk to strangers. If there is a problem I just leave.

Don't tell strangers what to do and you may just live another day. People are on edge in general these days. Go about your business and don't push anything on anyone.
I agree the woman should have kept her mouth shut and minded her own business. She may have even been just telling her it's for the girls own safety not to be pushy and say she should wear a mask just because she wants the kid to think of her the woman.

Regardless she should have kept quiet but even that she didn't there is still no excuse for the kids reaction and using assault when all the kid had to do was walk away or say I'm on my way home now to get my mask I forgot it then leave, period. Not assault anyone.

Old 11-27-2021, 03:15 PM

169 posts, read 63,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I agree the woman should have kept her mouth shut and minded her own business. She may have even been just telling her it's for the girls own safety not to be pushy and say she should wear a mask just because she wants the kid to think of her the woman.

Regardless she should have kept quiet but even that she didn't there is still no excuse for the kids reaction and using assault when all the kid had to do was walk away or say I'm on my way home now to get my mask I forgot it then leave, period. Not assault anyone.
ding ding ding! new york smarts. race is irrelevant when it comes to this. there is never a lack of crazies in the subways and walking the streets. this was true in the 70s,80s,90s,00s,10s and definitely now. it's not worth the trouble. you never know who is about to explode!

Old 11-27-2021, 06:30 PM

1,046 posts, read 468,490 times
The woman should have went about her day. The young girl had zero right to physically harm her in response.

This, I guess, is the basic difference for a lot of folks on this board. I don't believe in violence, especially over words or material things.

Old 11-27-2021, 07:18 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
The woman should have went about her day. The young girl had zero right to physically harm her in response.

This, I guess, is the basic difference for a lot of folks on this board. I don't believe in violence, especially over words or material things.
I don't personally know most people on this board. However I am going to go out on a limb and say the majority aren't advocating for violence.

Anyone who has spent more than a month living in NYC will have to learn some street sense if they will survive

Don't board the empty subway car with the bum sprawled out on the seat and everyone else is crammed in the other subway cars.

Don't make eye contact /engage with the crazies on the street or in the subway.

Don't give money to that lady who is pregnant just had a baby or any other with their sob stories. They will have the same sob stories 3 years from now extorting money from the gullible.

Don't show off with valuable items in certain areas of the city.

Don't invite your dealer to your house. lol

Add: don't tell people to wear masks. Wear a mask if it makes you comfortable. Don't impose your mask wearing paranoia on others.

We (native NYers) are laughing at the lady learning some common sense.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:06 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I don't personally know most people on this board. However I am going to go out on a limb and say the majority aren't advocating for violence.

Anyone who has spent more than a month living in NYC will have to learn some street sense if they will survive

Don't board the empty subway car with the bum sprawled out on the seat and everyone else is crammed in the other subway cars.

Don't make eye contact /engage with the crazies on the street or in the subway.

Don't give money to that lady who is pregnant just had a baby or any other with their sob stories. They will have the same sob stories 3 years from now extorting money from the gullible.

Don't show off with valuable items in certain areas of the city.

Add: don't tell people to wear masks. Wear a mask if it makes you comfortable. Don't impose your mask wearing paranoia on others.

We (native NYers) are laughing at the lady learning some common sense.
Why can't you invite your dealer to your house?

Old 11-28-2021, 07:05 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Knuckle sandwiches are back on the menu. Tell all your busybody friends!
I'm cracking up

Old 11-28-2021, 07:09 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Well if I'm the distributor I'm going to need to invite him to my warehouse to conduct business

Old 11-28-2021, 07:47 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Why can't you invite your dealer to your house?
Maybe he gets high on Toyotas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City