Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 09:55 AM

870 posts, read 415,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Full agreement.

Are there really people still so afraid that they're telling people to mask ip outdoors?

I couldn't imagine doing this in March of 2020.

She deserved it.
Yes some people who are yet fully vaccinated are masking up again everywhere with the scare of that new variant, especially before thanksgiving in supermarkets, a friend of mine and I were, once again almost the only ones maskless in the supermarket.
We said purposely out loud that people who tell you to trust science apparently don't since they're all vaccinated.

It is becoming absolutely pathetic. Now I can understand older people doing so, they may be more fragile than your average, but here we're talking about 20 and 30-something years old.

Yeah she did deserve it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
I stopped wearing a mask outside a long time ago. I only wear a mask if I'm in a busy place like a supermarket, out of courtesy.
I don't, I had my shot back in March and I do not have to mask up to give fully vaccinated people a false sense of extra security and cater to their neuroses when the shot is technically supposed to protect you.
Though I find them pathetic and they make me feel "uncomfortable" with their masks, I don't ask them to remove theirs (my neuroses are mine and I keep them to myself), so I do not expect them to ask me to wear one.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Race relations are heated, this is no time to rest in privilege or be in denial...

As a Black Man I don't ask random White people to do anything for me. I don't talk to strangers. If there is a problem I just leave.

Don't tell strangers what to do and you may just live another day. People are on edge in general these days. Go about your business and don't push anything on anyone.
It is on Fulton Street in Ocean Hill, that white woman is a progressive trust and believe, otherwise she would've never demanded that that teen wears a mask (you know, the tolerant leftist "Camp of the righteous"). She also probably "marches for equality". A white woman in, say, Howard Beach or Whitestone or Staten Island to be stereotypical would've most likely left her alone.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:35 AM

1,046 posts, read 469,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I don't personally know most people on this board. However I am going to go out on a limb and say the majority aren't advocating for violence.

We (native NYers) are laughing at the lady learning some common sense.
Are you reading different replies than I am from the many people saying the woman deserved to be punched because of a comment?

I don't really understand how that's not advocating violence in response to some dumb verbal spat.

Also, I am a Native NYer, third generation actually.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:38 AM

1,068 posts, read 547,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Are you reading different replies than I am from the many people saying the woman deserved to be punched because of a comment?

I don't really understand how that's not advocating violence in response to some dumb verbal spat.

I get what you're saying but there's a difference between "she was asking for it" (which I think is a sentiment expressed on here) and "advocating for violence."

Sorry if you can't see the difference. I can.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:50 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,094,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post

Again, you don't know the emotional state of a person or how they will react to the most trivial thing.

It is somewhat dangerous to "correct" another person that you don't know personally.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:53 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Again, you don't know the emotional state of a person or how they will react to the most trivial thing.

It is somewhat dangerous to "correct" another person that you don't know personally.
Okay? I said the woman who started it by confronting the teenager was wrong.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:13 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,302,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
It is on Fulton Street in Ocean Hill, that white woman is a progressive trust and believe, otherwise she would've never demanded that that teen wears a mask (you know, the tolerant leftist "Camp of the righteous"). She also probably "marches for equality". A white woman in, say, Howard Beach or Whitestone or Staten Island to be stereotypical would've most likely left her alone.
This!!!! She must have thought Ocean Hill is gentrified more than it was.

People are going to have to learn how to survive these mean streets

Old 11-28-2021, 05:26 PM

615 posts, read 449,085 times
Some mask wearers aren't really so afraid of dying, but they are afraid to really live.
Let these fearful people stay in their homes, if they're so afraid. Let the rest be free.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn traveller View Post
Some mask wearers aren't really so afraid of dying, but they are afraid to really live.
Let these fearful people stay in their homes, if they're so afraid. Let the rest be free.
Problem is they won’t let others be free. All of these very tolerant open-minded progressive don’t want anyone who doesn’t share their values to live freely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City