Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 10:42 AM

107,207 posts, read 109,534,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Not false at all. This isn't demand pull inflation. This is the equivalent to letting people loot a store and calling it "demand".

If you don't think that literally expanding money supply ~50% of GDP in a single year leads to wild imbalances in an already hot economy, then I'm sorry, you're a fool.

Are there other factors leading to labor shortages, supply shortages, etc? Sure. But that's as a result of the aforementioned policies.

I know what you're reading /who you're listening too. I also have a master's in finance (not that degrees mean anything ) and I also listen to all of the podcasts and read all of the blogs,etc, etc.

If you don't think that injecting retarded amounts of hard cash and expanding the money supply so drastically in such a short time (during what was already an economy running hot in stupid low rates) had a significant impact on the economy, then you're a fool.

Your company having 30 open job opportunities means nothing in and if itself. Better.com.j ust laid off 900 on a zoom call. What am I supposed to take from that? Due to the higher JOLTS (quit rate), companies are now posting job openings in anticipation of higher turnover. How many of those job openings are legitimate?
The fed has zero to do with demand pull inflation from an economy opening

You can try to equate it to the feds action all you want with poor logic and it makes it no truer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2021, 11:15 AM

6,702 posts, read 6,095,260 times
You are both right. Lockdowns have caused the economic output to shrink causing less supplies for today's high demands. In addition to this, the government printed money (ala Weimar Republic), giving everyone free checks and caused the value of the dollar to go down. It was indeed a perfect financial storm, which by the way, is no where near from being over.

Old 12-08-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
You are both right. Lockdowns have caused the economic output to shrink causing less supplies for today's high demands. In addition to this, the government printed money (ala Weimar Republic), giving everyone free checks and caused the value of the dollar to go down. It was indeed a perfect financial storm, which by the way, is no where near from being over.
most prices will fall as supply increase …only service prices likely wont come down .

doctors , lawyers , accounting services , once raised are not likely to go down .

but other prices tied to supply chain issues can just asi easily fall as supply and or demand changes .

lumber plunged. gas has fallen the last two weeks as well .

this has nothing to do with the dollar .. most of those dollars are sitting in banks unused as companies have huge cash levels and banks find loans slow . personal savings rates hit very high levels too .

Old 12-08-2021, 12:06 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,533,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Ya'll worried about cream cheese?
Does anything worry you? You seem like you could get robbed on the street on a daily basis and still come here to post it's no biggie and it's US who are crazy. There's a big difference between being a panicky pete about every little thing, and noting that there are serious problems happening in this city (and around the world tbqh).

Old 12-08-2021, 02:07 PM

34,217 posts, read 47,533,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Does anything worry you? You seem like you could get robbed on the street on a daily basis and still come here to post it's no biggie and it's US who are crazy. There's a big difference between being a panicky pete about every little thing, and noting that there are serious problems happening in this city (and around the world tbqh).
I only worry about what's under my control

I for damn sure have no control over the cream cheese supply

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-09-2021, 01:48 AM

Quote:

I for damn sure have no control over the cream cheese supply
exactly my feeling .

i dont complain and moan about the cards i am dealt and things i can’t control …i just learn to play the hand the best i can.

Old 12-09-2021, 05:54 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,283,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The fed has zero to do with demand pull inflation from an economy opening

You can try to equate it to the feds action all you want with poor logic and it makes it no truer
The USD losing 20% of it's value in a year has nothing to do with the FED? Maybe not since they removed the mandate of maintaining a stable USD quietly a few years ago?

I agree that this isn't the FEDs doing alone but that doesn't absolve them of policy that is under their control.

I understand why we're doing it (to cheapen our debt) but who decided to endlessly expand entitlement programs, fight endless wars, and ever increase the government beauracracy?

Quote:
exactly my feeling .

i dont complain and moan about the cards i am dealt and things i can’t control …i just learn to play the hand the best i can.
No one's complaining. This argument is disingenuous. We're just discussing on a DISCUSSION board.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:34 AM

19,105 posts, read 12,801,765 times
Quote:
labor issues and production issues have nothing to do with money supply
This is a laughable statement. The money supply has flooded the population who can now stay home instead of work. No workers means no goods means skyrocketting prices for what companies are able to produce

People who don't want to work = companies fighting with higher wages for the few that do = rising prices to make up for it

Old 12-09-2021, 06:35 AM

19,105 posts, read 12,801,765 times
Quote:
The ballot box is under your control, you should never vote for a single Democrat for the rest of your life

Old 12-09-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The ballot box is under your control, you should never vote for a single Democrat for the rest of your life
jobless claims are the lowest in 50 years now .

most went on unemployment the march that covid hit and things were shut down.

all benefits have ended for them as they maxed benefits recently they were given .

that has not improved things .

3 million people have left the work force , many of them retiring earlier then they planned. 4.4 million left their jobs in august in search of new ones

that is a huge number of workers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: