Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 10:30 PM

870 posts, read 417,292 times

Advertisements

Yes, in Astoria, Middle Village, Kew Gardens, Forest Hills, Glendale, Rego Park, Greenpoint, Williamsburg (but good luck with the neighbors), Whitestone, Throgs Neck, Pelham Bay, Country Club, Riverdale, not to mention all over Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2021, 10:31 PM

147 posts, read 60,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Do they exist? This does not really apply to me as I plan to GTFO NYC asap next year when I stabilize my finances. But I was talking to a co-worker about this over happy hour and he mentioned that he was thinking of buying in NYC.

A new apartment building w/o Mitchell Lama, 80/20, Section 8, or any other kind of welfare/subsidized tenants who ruin the quality of life? If he is going to pay north of upper 6 figures for a NEW apartment then he does not want to deal with all the riff raff and gimme grants. Just 100% market rate neighbors.
There are a number of buildings throughout NYC that do not have Mitchell Lama, 80/20, Section 8 or any other welfare/subsidy. I'm not very familiar with the building (Jolie on Greenwich) in the below youtube video, but based on my preliminary research, your friend may like it very much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awkj7ifLWwY&t=270s

https://jolieongreenwich.com/amenities/

Old 12-14-2021, 04:28 AM

16,150 posts, read 6,896,236 times
If having to worry about who you might be living next to before you are really living next to?

Tells you that the place sucks............

Old 12-14-2021, 06:16 AM

5,719 posts, read 2,634,347 times
Quote:
Yea, this guy got spoiled with the amenities of his current place. Indoor gym, pool, doorman service, game room, office, laundry room, etc. But he does not want to deal with lower income groups. For example, he said that they were smoking weed, blasting loud music in the weight room, and throwing beer bottles and clipping their toenails by the swimming pool.
Don't assume they were "welfare" tenant's. I know 7-8 salary figure people who act like that.

Old 12-14-2021, 06:57 AM

34 posts, read 51,235 times
Quote:
Do they exist? This does not really apply to me as I plan to GTFO NYC asap next year when I stabilize my finances. But I was talking to a co-worker about this over happy hour and he mentioned that he was thinking of buying in NYC.

A new apartment building w/o Mitchell Lama, 80/20, Section 8, or any other kind of welfare/subsidized tenants who ruin the quality of life? If he is going to pay north of upper 6 figures for a NEW apartment then he does not want to deal with all the riff raff and gimme grants. Just 100% market rate neighbors.
Sounds like he should just leave NYC...

Old 12-14-2021, 07:17 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,104,149 times
Quote:
Yea, this guy got spoiled with the amenities of his current place. Indoor gym, pool, doorman service, game room, office, laundry room, etc. But he does not want to deal with lower income groups. For example, he said that they were smoking weed, blasting loud music in the weight room, and throwing beer bottles and clipping their toenails by the swimming pool.
yeah, because only "lower income groups smoke weed, blast loud music in the weight room, and throw beer bottles and clip their toenails by the swimming pool."

Old 12-14-2021, 07:38 AM
PVW

287 posts, read 165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
There are a number of buildings throughout NYC that do not have Mitchell Lama, 80/20, Section 8 or any other welfare/subsidy. I'm not very familiar with the building (Jolie on Greenwich) in the below youtube video, but based on my preliminary research, your friend may like it very much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awkj7ifLWwY&t=270s

https://jolieongreenwich.com/amenities/
The people in the Jolie video don't have run of the mill money, and the lowest prices start at $1.68 million.

The woman is Hannah Bronfman, the mixed race (B/W) Seagram heiress and her husband, Brendan Fallis.

Old 12-14-2021, 07:52 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,104,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVW View Post
The people in the Jolie video don't have run of the mill money, and the lowest prices start at $1.68 million.

The woman is Hannah Bronfman, the mixed race (B/W) Seagram heiress and her husband, Brendan Fallis.
In my next life, i want to come from a super rich family....

"Hannah Marcina Bronfman is an American DJ, social media influencer, and entrepreneur from Manhattan. She was a co-founder of Beautified, a now defunct mobile app for finding last-minute beauty services"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Bronfman

Old 12-14-2021, 08:05 AM
PVW

287 posts, read 165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
In my next life, i want to come from a super rich family....

"Hannah Marcina Bronfman is an American DJ, social media influencer, and entrepreneur from Manhattan. She was a co-founder of Beautified, a now defunct mobile app for finding last-minute beauty services"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Bronfman
Yep, and her branch of the Bronfman family has ties to Lehman Brothers (of the 2007-2008 financial crisis).

Old 12-14-2021, 09:29 AM

1,046 posts, read 470,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I have a house and I do none of that. People come and do it for me and I pay them as needed.
You missed the "all by myself" part. I don't want to be solely financially responsible for all of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: