Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 02:59 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,772,398 times

Advertisements

FYI

Btw, I just knew this was coming. So...I got my booster shot Tuesday! I lucked out. The line wasn't all that long (for once) but it still took about 45 minutes to an hour to get the booster but I'm glad to get it over with. Went by the same place today, and the line is crazy long. I'm just waiting for my gym to make it mandatory to have a booster since mask is optional. I'd rather have a booster mandate if it means I can work out without a mask and have accessibility to the showers.

Over reaction some may say of the Met with Omicron not showing serious symptoms or overwhelming the hospitals but... what can you do.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

The Metropolitan Opera announced Wednesday that all eligible audience members must receive their COVID-19 vaccine booster shots to attend a show.

NYU cancels 'non-essential, non-academic' events amid rise in COVID-19 cases citywide
The mandate is slated to begin Jan. 17. Those who are not yet eligible for the booster shot will be able to continue to enter without it.

The Met will allow a two-week grace period to schedule and receive the booster once they become eligible.

“We want everyone who enters our opera house to feel safe,” Met General Manager Peter Gelb said in a statement. “We worked hard to reopen in September, and we’re certainly not giving up now. I’m confident that our employees know this action is in their best interests and that our audiences will be in agreement, too.”

The press release stated that the higher level of vigilance is being put into effect because of the spread of the omicron variant of the coronavirus. The decision was made in consultation with the Met’s health experts at Mount Sinai.

A vaccine mandate for employees was put in place in the summer, when employees returned to work. Audience members have been required to be fully vaccinated since the Met began performing again in September.

Face masks will still be required at all times inside the Met, except while eating or drinking.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:06 PM

5,687 posts, read 2,617,362 times
Yup I knew it was coming too....I have an appointment scheduled next week. Had to book it several weeks ago. Couldn't find a lot of places with Moderna. Where did you get your booster?

Old 12-16-2021, 09:18 PM

I just happened to pass one of those pop up (walk in, no appointment necessary) NYC mobile vaccine buses that just literally pop up. They move around from street to street and boro to boro although I think there's a website that lets you know when and where they'll pop up next. Some give the regular vaccine and some give boosters only. The one I came across gave all three (moderna, J&J, Pfizer) boosters. The shortest line was for the moderna, so that's what I got. They were parked outside some synagogue.

Old 12-16-2021, 11:50 PM

1,913 posts, read 740,517 times
I think we're all going to catch Omicron. Most will survive, but we have a lot of sick people and elderly in the US. With faltering vaccines, they're the ones who would wind up in the hospital. It will be a replay of the first wave times 10 or 100 in terms of hospitalizations.

I'm a stage 4 cancer patient with a booster. I wouldn't go anywhere near the triple vaxxed opera.

Old 12-17-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
I think we're all going to catch Omicron. Most will survive, but we have a lot of sick people and elderly in the US. With faltering vaccines, they're the ones who would wind up in the hospital. It will be a replay of the first wave times 10 or 100 in terms of hospitalizations.

I'm a stage 4 cancer patient with a booster. I wouldn't go anywhere near the triple vaxxed opera.
Yep. Jumaane Williams just tested positive for covid despite being fully vaccinated and got a booster. Well...at least his symptoms are mild. Hope the best for you. Take care of yourself.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...e-for-covid-19

B'way shows are shutting down, some restaurants because of staff shortages. How deja vu.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:06 PM

593 posts, read 471,017 times
As much as I enjoy the opera, I think I'll pass on their coercive tactics. They are overstepping their bounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: