Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 02:07 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
A friend I have known for over 20 years has been hospitalized.
Although unvaccinated took all other precautions.
Caught it at a Doctor's office, of all places!
I pray for his recovery..............
Back when there was the big first surge, my aunt (in her 70s) went to the doctor. She was the last patient her physician saw that day because he wasn't feeling well. This jerk wasn't feeling well and saw patients throughout the day. He ended up dying from COVID and my aunt luckily didn't catch it. She has pretty much all of the pre-existing conditions that make you more likely to die from it.

Many people are testing positive who have been vaccinated and even have boosters so...

Old 12-18-2021, 02:27 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Many people are testing positive who have been vaccinated and even have boosters so...
Yep! Look at Jumaane Williams. But..! His symptoms are mild, I think for now.

Old 12-18-2021, 02:33 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Wear masks, wash your hands, and social distance

Nobody ever talks about the importance of washing your hands! Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Don't forget use mouth wash.

I went to a Home Depot the other day and say so many people use the restroom and leave without even washing their hands. It happens alot more often then you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
they're completely over hyping it but thinking it has anything to do with Maxwell is hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Yup. People are nasty. Soap is cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
And don't touch your eyes, mouth or nose. And wear sunglasses or glasses. Some reporter got covid thru his eyes when inside an airplane. We all know how bad airplane air is! Blech.
Quote:
Facts. You don't know how often I've seen people leave the restroom after they're done without washing their hands. Oh.....
You all do know that this is an airborne (aerosolized) virus that attacks ACE2 receptors in your nose, throat, and lungs? Washing your hands is about as effective bas a cloth mask.

We're 2+ years into this. Not exactly a secret.

Old 12-18-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Yep! Look at Jumaane Williams. But..! His symptoms are mild, I think for now.
Based on initial data, OMICRON may replicate at 70x the rate of Delta . This means that either individuals catch larger initial viral loads or those without "super" immunity (extremely high titers and/or strong T/B cell response), the virus may initially overwhelm an individual, while the immune system may take some time to kick into overdrive and produce the necessary counter attack.

Old 12-18-2021, 02:50 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
You all do know that this is an airborne (aerosolized) virus that attacks ACE2 receptors in your nose, throat, and lungs? Washing your hands is about as effective bas a cloth mask.

That's why I stressed using sunglasses. Something to protect your eyes to prevent covid droplets from entering thru that way (as well as washing, not touching your face with your hands, wearing a mask, etc), because it is airborne but there are multiple ways of getting covid. Plus, all of of that will offer protection from catching the flu or the common cold. It's all good.

Old 12-18-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
That's why I stressed using sunglasses. Something to protect your eyes to prevent covid droplets from entering thru that way (as well as washing, not touching your face with your hands, wearing a mask, etc), because it is airborne but there are multiple ways of getting covid. Plus, all of of that will offer protection from catching the flu or the common cold. It's all good.
Truth is the odds of getting infected solely via the mucus membrane that lines the eyelid is extremely low and I don't see how eyeglasses would help unless they completely seal your eyes.

Old 12-18-2021, 05:52 PM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post

So you don't wash your hands

Noted

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-19-2021, 09:44 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:

Noted
Yup, he does #2 and doesn't even wash his hands... Nasty bugger!

Old 12-19-2021, 11:36 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:

Noted
He didn’t say that. You as usual make up stuff.

Old 12-19-2021, 12:32 PM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Are we sure that it was from Omnicron, and not merely with Omnicron?
YES- it's seemingly impossible to find the actual distinctive numbers. If someone goes to the hospital with a broken leg and tests positive for covid (since everyone is tested, although totally asymptomatic), does that count as a covid hospital admission? Had he not broken his leg, no one would know he had covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: