Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 06:26 PM

34,106 posts, read 47,338,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Been to more house parties during pandemic since my 20s. The whole area got together and partied like it’s 1999. With kids and all.

All while working from home homie !!!!!
Enjoy

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-20-2021, 06:40 PM

416 posts, read 248,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I actually LOST 10lbs during the pandemic by eating out less.

So excuse YOU
You lost 10lbs but are still above your recommended BMI range.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:16 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,893,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifly View Post
You lost 10lbs but are still above your recommended BMI range.
BMI doesn't factor in muscle volume.

My body fat is 15% so try again

Old 12-20-2021, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
BMI doesn't factor in muscle volume.

My body fat is 15% so try again
Post your bodyfat test results and I'll believe it

Anyone can make up stats.

Old 12-21-2021, 07:12 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,776,235 times
Some NYC Schools Shift to Remote Learning Option as COVID Surges Again

https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/12/20/2...s-covid-surges

At one school in the Bronx, students will eat in their classrooms because there isn’t enough staff to supervise the lunchroom — almost 20% of employees are either sick with COVID-19, or showing symptoms and trying to get tested, according to an assistant principal there.

In at least three schools in Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn, administrators decided to pivot to remote learning after a dozen people at each of their campuses tested positive, giving students the option to come into the building to login to their classes if they can’t stay home.

And one elementary school in Queens told entire classes to stay home, despite city guidance that only close contacts have to quarantine, because it was taking too long to report and confirm positive cases through the official channels.

As coronavirus cases spike in New York City, school leaders are taking matters into their own hands to respond to positive cases and staffing shortages within their communities.

Calls are also rising to increase COVID testing within schools as citywide more than 20% of students were absent, and some campuses saw even sharper declines in attendance. Some schools are even encouraging students to stay home by offering excused absences and access to remote work.

Old 12-21-2021, 07:54 AM

We need more testing, testing cures covid! We need to test everybody and everything

500 million test kits from the WH , $13 billion dollar cost, to test if you have covid (not treat it, or prevent it)

Old 12-21-2021, 08:02 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,261,506 times
Quote:
We need more testing, testing cures covid! We need to test everybody and everything

500 million test kits from the WH , $13 billion dollar cost, to test if you have covid (not treat it, or prevent it)
If you test positive you don’t go out and spread it.
I have just had my third nyc social event cancelled in as many days because the young host tested positive (20s, 30s). They would have never known since they just felt crummy and tired for a few days. I am immune compromised and am thankful that they cancelled after results came in.
Glad testing is a priority for all these folks. They are looking to protect us more vulnerable.
In these specific cases, they don’t need any treatments and they all apologized for not getting the booster or had the booster scheduled for next week.
This is my report from ground zero. It echos the stories that everyone is telling around here.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
If you test positive you don’t go out and spread it.
I have just had my third nyc social event cancelled in as many days because the young host tested positive (20s, 30s). They would have never known since they just felt crummy and tired for a few days. I am immune compromised and am thankful that they cancelled after results came in.
Glad testing is a priority for all these folks. They are looking to protect us more vulnerable.
In these specific cases, they don’t need any treatments and they all apologized for not getting the booster or had the booster scheduled for next week.
This is my report from ground zero. It echos the stories that everyone is telling around here.
Yeah, it was the booster they didn't get that they ended up with , which variant now?

Tests aren't reliable, there's been numerous cases of false positives in the past month, from people with actual money that can afford 100 test in one day.

You said "They would have never known since they just felt crummy and tired for a few days"

They felt crummy and tired for a few days? that means they are sick... you don't need a test to tell you that.

But I get it, lack critical thinking, lack brain cells, need a test to tell you, you are sick, probably need a politician to tell you to wipe your own ass too!

Old 12-21-2021, 08:17 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,261,506 times
Quote:
Yeah, it was the booster they didn't get that they ended up with , which variant now?

Tests aren't reliable, there's been numerous cases of false positives in the past month, from people with actual money that can afford 100 test in one day.

You said "They would have never known since they just felt crummy and tired for a few days"

They felt crummy and tired for a few days? that means they are sick... you don't need a test to tell you that.

But I get it, lack critical thinking, lack brain cells, need a test to tell you, you are sick, probably need a politician to tell you to wipe your own ass too!
In all cases they felt sick and then they felt better. So the Christmas brunches and holiday parties would have still been on. Also, in each case they tested twice at home test - 2 come in a box - and then went for the pcr. Again, this is just my small circle.
And man these particulars do not lack critical thinking- one is even in med school at Columbia.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:41 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,523,421 times
None of this stuff works. It's never worked. NY has high/higher case numbers now that we did a year ago when there were no "vaccines". Places with near 100% vaccine compliance and mask mandates (colleges, some countries abroad, a few US states) are all getting clobbered. Virus gonna virus. Be thankful that this latest variant is the least harmful one yet (and it wasn't especially harmful to begin with unless you're old and unhealthy) and people are mostly staying out of the hospital and not dying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: