Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 06:02 PM

5,784 posts, read 2,684,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Sorry? I'm a bit confused. Is NYC just a mean place nowadays? That would crush my son. He LOVES it and has talked about visiting it everyday, watching Christmas movies that specifically take place in NYC.

I'm happily vaccinated and boosted. I can sort of get the logic of dining and places where masks have to come off, but it makes no sense for tourist attractions where you can keep a mask on at all times.

I understand that is the law during the pandemic. My specific question is will that be relaxed for tourist attractions after the pandemic clearly subsides, whether that is summer/fall 2022 or sometime in 2023?
You literally keep reposting the same question in every response. The answer is no one can tell the future. As of now you want to do anything inside at a business you must be vaccinated or obtain a card that says you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 06:45 PM

4,807 posts, read 6,663,585 times
Also, all hotels will want to see vaccination cards.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:47 PM

1,919 posts, read 3,259,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
You literally keep reposting the same question in every response. The answer is no one can tell the future. As of now you want to do anything inside at a business you must be vaccinated or obtain a card that says you are.
OK. I'm not from NYC and don't fully understand the law. I understand that it applies to restaurants/theaters. Other cities in parts of US have something like that, so understand and respect that. Also understand the NYC law also applies to museums and tourist attractions. That one I don't get - makes no logical sense to me, but I'm no politician.

But you're saying it applies to any business? So unvaccinated cannot stay in a hotel? Order takeout? Walk into a convenience store or department store?? Seriously?? Trying to understand this better.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:51 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,656,539 times
Quote:
OK. I'm not from NYC and don't fully understand the law. I understand that it applies to restaurants/theaters. Other cities in parts of US have something like that, so understand and respect that. Also understand the NYC law also applies to museums and tourist attractions. That one I don't get, but I'm no politician.

But you're saying it applies to any business? So unvaccinated cannot stay in a hotel? Order takeout? Walk into a convenience store or department store?? Seriously?? Trying to understand this better.
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/...-keytonyc.page

Straight from the horse's mouth.

It does not apply to any business.

You can order take out.

I don't believe you need proof of vaccine to stay in a hotel, but I could be wrong.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Also, all hotels will want to see vaccination cards.
Seriously?? So the unvaccinated are not allowed to stay at NYC hotels? So if someone has a legitimate medical reason and has nothing against the vaccine, NYC still says blanket "we don't want you". If so, that is asinine and makes no practical/logical sense.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:53 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,656,539 times
Quote:
Seriously?? So the unvaccinated are not allowed to stay at NYC hotels? So if someone has a legitimate medical reason and has nothing against the vaccine, NYC still says blanket "we don't want you". If so, that is asinine.
Dont listen to these people. Half of these responses are wrong and clearly from people who dont live in/around nyc.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:01 PM

5,784 posts, read 2,684,770 times
OP has to be a troll, ever post is saying the exact same thing.
Google is also your friend.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:02 PM

1,568 posts, read 798,605 times
Quote:
Seriously?? So the unvaccinated are not allowed to stay at NYC hotels? So if someone has a legitimate medical reason and has nothing against the vaccine, NYC still says blanket "we don't want you". If so, that is asinine and makes no practical/logical sense.
Certain hotels have imposed these restrictions. You need to contact the hotel you book.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:07 PM

1,090 posts, read 568,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
OP has to be a troll, ever post is saying the exact same thing.
Google is also your friend.
yes that's clear.
I posted info for him/her to read and he's just ignored it, in order to repeat the same crap over and over

Old 01-04-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
yes that's clear.
I posted info for him/her to read and he's just ignored it, in order to repeat the same crap over and over
No troll. Wow, why so much hate? You did post good info.
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City