Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 12:30 PM

1,081 posts, read 559,388 times

Advertisements

Oh great, what happened to Adams being tough on crime. If his version of being tough on crime means saying how we need to help the CRIMINAL because he's "in pain" then we have a terrible 4 years ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 05:26 PM

8,415 posts, read 4,436,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I know. What an asinine thing to say. Is he going to say the exact same thing about yet another deranged person who pushed a woman onto the tracks to her death just this morning in a Times Sq platform? Man, I wished Garcia won the primary. Adams is de Blasio version 2.

Btw, the Good Samaritan that was beaten and robbed was also Asian, as was the woman pushed into the train and killed. The guy who attacked the good Samaritan was already arrested and ticketed about a week ago for punching a woman in her 40s who tried to "assist" him (wonder what it is about the guy that inspires so much assistance?), and was also arrested and ticketed for punching two teenagers (who at least, I believe, did not provoke him in any way, ie, did not try to "assist" him).

Adams said we need to irradiate the guy's pain? What does that even mean (unless the guy beats up people because he has a brain tumor that may respond to radiation)?

Old 01-16-2022, 03:32 AM

5,884 posts, read 2,998,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Chirlane deBlasio spent over $1B of taxpayer money on helping the mentally ill. Look how well that money was spent!

No doubt Democrat Adams will continue to throw money at the problem (because that is the only way Democrats know how to solve every problem) and no doubt it will finally solve the problem.
It really worked in Sf. Only reason with don’t have tent cities is because it’s too cold here.

Old 01-16-2022, 06:10 AM

16,170 posts, read 6,918,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I can't laugh, as this good samaritan was trying to do something commendable, but this is certainly another example of why enabling the current situation in NYC is doing no one any favors.

This video is a short recap of DeBlasio's 4 year stint as New York City's worst mayor.
Any attempt of good went poof!

Old 01-16-2022, 12:05 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,166,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
It is not pain. It is crazy. It is high as a kite.

Most homeless are mentally impaired, either permanently from mental illness, or temporarily and repeatedly being high on drugs.

Why would you approach a ticking time bomb? I avoid the mentally ill addicts on the street like the plague. The closest I get is tossing a bag of McDonalds fast food their way from the cracked open window of my car.
It can be an unpredictible situation. I have had an offer of food rejected more then once, I posted a while back about one guy freaking out and yelling. No assault but you never know.

I occasionally give on the subway if they are calmly asking for food and I have some. Never an issue with that situation.

Old 01-16-2022, 12:26 PM

8,415 posts, read 4,436,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It can be an unpredictible situation. I have had an offer of food rejected more then once, I posted a while back about one guy freaking out and yelling. No assault but you never know.

I occasionally give on the subway if they are calmly asking for food and I have some. Never an issue with that situation.

They mostly want an offer of money (to buy drugs), and it is not rare that they consider any other offer as an insult. That (rather than "pain") might have also been the reason for the reaction to the Good Samaritan described in this thread.

Old 01-16-2022, 01:49 PM

11,202 posts, read 9,113,982 times
Probably not a good idea to approach someone that is sleeping on the floor and try to place a coat on them... It might freak them out.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:24 PM

1,960 posts, read 709,267 times
Queens: An Asian woman (in her 70s, retired nurse) was purposely knocked down from behind by some huge creep. Her face all bruised, eye swollen shut.

Park Slope; a big monster punches an elderly man who uses a cane and then flees.

The Bronx: A 28 year old woman gets stabbed and beaten by 2 thugs.

And all the assaults not captured on surveillance tapes.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:15 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,134,990 times
Uh...

That's how it works. If you volunteer to help at risk people, there's a risk someone will be aggressive.

If you go work in a soup kitchen in the ghetto, there's a chance you'll get robbed.

If you go offer food to people down at Kensington in Philly, there's a chance something happens.

If you stay at home and watch TV in your big McMansion on the hill and don't volunteer, then you probably won't...

Old 01-17-2022, 08:10 AM

18,492 posts, read 31,709,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
It is not pain. It is crazy. It is high as a kite.

Most homeless are mentally impaired, either permanently from mental illness, or temporarily and repeatedly being high on drugs.

Why would you approach a ticking time bomb? I avoid the mentally ill addicts on the street like the plague. The closest I get is tossing a bag of McDonalds fast food their way from the cracked open window of my car.

and they want to build a homeless shelter 2 blocks from my apartment on vacant land, and this is why the community is fighting it, no, I don't want these mentally disturbed dangerous 150 males roaming the streets of my neighborhood, a homeless shelter does not belong here .

now, if the shelter was for the families of that Bronx fire that lost thier home, I absolutley would be in support opf that, because thier home was d4estroyed by a fire, but mentally ill men, no, i have no use for that in my neighborhood,. These homeless mentally disturbed men are dangerous, you cant trust them

and bug bird wants to evenly distributed thru out the boroughs, goidd job at ruining all our neighborhood you freaking idiot.

lets see what Adams is going to do for us, most likley squat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: