Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 03:23 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,335,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
I don't see Sliwa ever winning. This city is too ho hum and filled with excuse making. The voters vote overwhelmingly one way.

I personally know quite a few nyc residents who are planning to get the heck out. They know their vote won't make a difference so they plan to vote with their feet.

Adams blamed the times square murder on "mental illness". He blamed the guy who attacked the good samaritan that gave his jacket to the attacker before getting sucker punched and his wallet stolen on "pain".

When can we bring the spotlight to the innocent victims? When can we keep career criminals away from harming or killing people?
He blamed mental illness because the guy involved IS mentally ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 04:38 AM

206 posts, read 117,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
He blamed mental illness because the guy involved IS mentally ill.
I've worked with mentally ill people before. Not all are homicidal maniacs. Seems nyc has a disproportionate percentage of ones who are.

Old 01-17-2022, 07:42 AM

1,274 posts, read 981,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prominadeyourpartner View Post
“If it were the lady pushing that homeless person to the tracks there would be an uproar!”

You can bet your bottom Dollar that Rev Al Sharpton and Mayor adams would be there crying about it. But since it was a black murderer they will always use the “mental illness” excuse, even when the black murderer has no previous history of severe mental illness they always use the “mental illness” escape out of jail free card.

The thing about this guy is I reported him one year ago! At Herald Square I walked down to the platform and when I walk by the guy he had a very large metal object hidden in a black garbage bag. It was the size of a baseball bat but it was probably a thick metal piece of the train track. He lifted the item and slammed it to the ground making a heavy metal click noise looking at me he had some comment about me being white. So yes he is deranged but it was a busy platform with people and I immediately found an MTA worker and I told him what I saw. The MTA worker then blatantly ignored me. Turned his back on me. Then a train came and we both got in the same cart! He continued to ignore me! So I took photographs of the employee and then went online to the MTA website to report everything. Obviously nothing was done?

Part of my moral of the story is these people are more like terrorists. They should be classified that way. In my example of the guy with a giant piece of metal he was probably thinking to toss it onto the track to derail a train. And I think around the same time there actually was another incident in the news about them throwing metal onto tracks to derail it.

What is happening is a form of terrorism. Then you get race hustlers like Al Sharpton and Mayor adams, they incite the violence. It is their bread and butter.

Mental illness or not what is occurring is a form of terrorism obscured by the media and the rise of black leadership. Since these violent black perpetrators are in the news every single day now I think people need to just pause and focus on one single incident like this one and take it to the streets. Or better yet get the people to take it directly in the faces of racist black leaders. Stand up to these race hustlers. They have terrorized us enough. It is time for the pendulum to swing in their direction.
I read your story and assuming it's really the same person, then he's really deranged and it needs to be addressed. Not by treating them like terrorists but by providing them the tools and environment to safeguard them from us and us from them. We have this support for children until high school but once they graduate, there is absolutely nothing and it's mind blowing. What do we expect from those people if we see that they have a mental illness or disability as a child but we do nothing about it once they are grown up? The lack of logic in this reality is what is a source of chaos for society.

Old 01-17-2022, 07:45 AM

1,274 posts, read 981,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Not to be a pessimist, but NYC is beyond hope at this point. I mean, for crying out loud, this city is allowing non-citizens (read: illegal aliens) to vote! In what clown world are illegal aliens allowed to vote?!

All those "non-citizens" who are now allowed to vote, will be voting straight democrat.
No, the city is allowing aliens with visa (permanent residents, those with work visas) to vote. There is nothing about illegal aliens voting, if you are referring to the law recently passed.

I'll just quote this article as proof:
"Those in the United States illegally cannot vote in New York’s municipal elections. Noncitizens remain ineligible to vote for state and federal elections. Anyone who violates the New York measure could face up to $500 in fines and a year in jail."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...9fa_story.html

Hope that part is clear.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:04 AM

8,943 posts, read 4,791,717 times
‘Remove the perception of fear’: Mayor Adams vows subways safe after horrific shoving at Times Square. Adams doubles down.

https://www.amny.com/politics/mayor-...-square-shove/

Mayor Eric Adams vowed Sunday that the city’s subways remain safe even after a man shoved a woman in front of a Q train at Times Square the day before.

Adams said that his plan to make police officers an “omnipresence” in the transit system was working, but that more resources were needed to deploy enough mental health support workers.

“This is a horrific incident. We lost a New Yorker, but we don’t see how many lives we save because of a proper plan like that and we’re going to continue to expand on it and evolve it,” Adams told reporters after an unrelated press conference in Brooklyn on Jan. 16.

The mayor noted that crime in the subways only makes up 1.7% of the city’s overall figures, citing a figure NYPD Transit Bureau Chief Kathleen O’Reilly told MTA officials at a board meeting last month.

“Think about that for a moment,” Adams said. “We have a safe subway system. Transit police officers, they have done their job.”

The mayor stressed the need for more homeless and mental health social workers to get to the scene faster — something Governor Kathy Hochul promised to send funding toward starting later this year.

“When we see a person on the subway station, right now, it could take anywhere from two hours to get that local [community based organization] to come down and remove them off,” he said. “We don’t want that, we want a faster turnaround and that caused a better deployment of personnel and had a great conversation with the governor about that.”

Homeless man Simon Martial, 61, turned himself in for allegedly pushing the woman onto the tracks on the afternoon of Jan. 15, and police have charged him with second-degree murder.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:44 AM

1,081 posts, read 559,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
‘Remove the perception of fear’: Mayor Adams vows subways safe after horrific shoving at Times Square. Adams doubles down.

https://www.amny.com/politics/mayor-...-square-shove/

Mayor Eric Adams vowed Sunday that the city’s subways remain safe even after a man shoved a woman in front of a Q train at Times Square the day before.

Adams said that his plan to make police officers an “omnipresence” in the transit system was working, but that more resources were needed to deploy enough mental health support workers.

“This is a horrific incident. We lost a New Yorker, but we don’t see how many lives we save because of a proper plan like that and we’re going to continue to expand on it and evolve it,” Adams told reporters after an unrelated press conference in Brooklyn on Jan. 16.

The mayor noted that crime in the subways only makes up 1.7% of the city’s overall figures, citing a figure NYPD Transit Bureau Chief Kathleen O’Reilly told MTA officials at a board meeting last month.

“Think about that for a moment,” Adams said. “We have a safe subway system. Transit police officers, they have done their job.”

The mayor stressed the need for more homeless and mental health social workers to get to the scene faster — something Governor Kathy Hochul promised to send funding toward starting later this year.

“When we see a person on the subway station, right now, it could take anywhere from two hours to get that local [community based organization] to come down and remove them off,” he said. “We don’t want that, we want a faster turnaround and that caused a better deployment of personnel and had a great conversation with the governor about that.”

Homeless man Simon Martial, 61, turned himself in for allegedly pushing the woman onto the tracks on the afternoon of Jan. 15, and police have charged him with second-degree murder.
This is terrifying that his focus is on helping only the PEOPLE COMMITING THE CRIMES. What an insult to the woman who was murdered. He says, "We lost a New Yorker BUT" and then goes on to focus on how much he's helping the mentally ill.

Actually he seems worse than De Blasio. This is scary.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:50 AM

416 posts, read 248,579 times
At least he was wearing a mask

Old 01-17-2022, 09:29 AM

5,178 posts, read 5,005,317 times
It is time to give back to the poor mentally ill population at the random price of you mentally healthy and functional folks to correct the disparity between the ills and the functionals.

It is not the first and far from being the last correcting incident. You normal folks just need to watch your back when you are out in the ever-endangering NYC public venues to save yourself from being the next victim.

All MSM/Adams and his supporters care more about is the well being of the mentally ill perps than you functional folks, if you haven't figged it out yet. The societal reverse evolution experiment is running hot thanks to the SJWs bold acts.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:34 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,427,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
It is time to give back to the poor mentally ill population at the random price of you mentally healthy and functional folks to correct the disparity between the ills and the functionals.

It is not the first and far from being the last correcting incident. You normal folks just need to watch your back when you are out in the ever-endangering NYC public venues to save yourself from being the next victim.

All MSM/Adams and his supporters care more about is the well being of the mentally ill perps than you functional folks, if you haven't figged it out yet. The societal reverse evolution experiment is running hot thanks to the SJWs bold acts.
Please expand on the bolded.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-17-2022, 09:45 AM

5,178 posts, read 5,005,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Please expand on the bolded.

It is clearly defined in itself and explained by the context. If you cannot get it, you probably lack appropriate life experience/exposure and no amount of expansion will help you any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City