Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 04:24 PM

15,489 posts, read 15,462,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
While this might be still early to call, his acts and responses so far reveal him being a weak and woke mayor surrounded with a bunch of clueless officers that NYC will be stuck with for another 4 miserable years...you all take care and watch your back when you are out and about...
Yeah, and exactly how much of a chance did you give him, how much time, counting from Day One, to decide against him?

Glad to see you're giving people such a fair chance before declaring them failures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2022, 05:24 PM

139 posts, read 214,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Yeah, and exactly how much of a chance did you give him, how much time, counting from Day One, to decide against him?

Glad to see you're giving people such a fair chance before declaring them failures.
There's a lot of air between a "failure" and a "disappointment" which is the term the OP used.

I would not write him off just yet but on day one and ever since, everything he says feels like it's been run through quite a bit of filtering to remove anything that might offend anyone. That's not leadership. Especially considering the condition of this city right now.

Old 01-22-2022, 10:26 PM

5,015 posts, read 4,898,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygeek View Post
There's a lot of air between a "failure" and a "disappointment" which is the term the OP used.

I would not write him off just yet but on day one and ever since, everything he says feels like it's been run through quite a bit of filtering to remove anything that might offend anyone. That's not leadership. Especially considering the condition of this city right now.

Cida is good at nothing else but twisting the meaning and intention of others' posts, which you might be too new to be aware of......but you will not miss this overused trick that she resorts to frequently if you were to follow couple of her replies going forward...

Old 01-23-2022, 12:16 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,079,167 times
Too early to tell with Adams, but the reality just may be that this city is beyond saving anymore.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:28 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,866,188 times
He's better than I thought he was going to be. I had him figured for a typical ex-cop, a neo-Nazi, Lawn Order blind fool.
He is surprising me with some intelligence and empathy.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:33 AM

He's better than I thought he was going to be. I had him figured for a typical ex-cop, i.e., a neo-Nazi, Lawn Order fool draped in a swastika flag.

He is surprising me with some intelligence, common sense, and empathy.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:33 AM

10,308 posts, read 3,908,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Too early to tell with Adams, but the reality just may be that this city is beyond saving anymore.
No it's not. There are solutions but the government and leaders are too weak to make those decisions. And they conveniently won't let the voters to vote on policies. Only politicians can make their votes and often times they actually answer to their donors, not the people who voted them in.

It's why they refuse to let we the people to vote on the decriminalizing and legalizing of drugs and ending the war on drugs. Treat drugs like we do with alcohol. If you are noticeably inebriated, there are laws on the books to remove you and have you arrested as being a danger to yourself and others.

The best thing would be to decriminalize drugs and this will put a dent in the gang's money and control of the area. Raise funds to open up the psychiatric facilities and homeless centers and just make up a spot for where the homeless can congregate. Now that these people have a place to go, away from productive members of society, then you can start cracking down on the real crime. Decriminalizing drugs will free up the prisons due to the malicious sentencing that is correlated with drug crimes and put in the real criminals like the murders, physical assaults, rapists, kidnapping and human trafficking. Simple jails can be set up to deal with the loiters, trespassers and harassment.

Old 01-23-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
It's why they refuse to let we the people to vote on the decriminalizing and legalizing of drugs and ending the war on drugs.
Anykind of war enriches the already rich and powerful. Otherwise we wouldn't have them.

Old 01-23-2022, 01:28 PM

1,874 posts, read 1,315,117 times
Meet the new guy......... same as the old guy

Old 01-23-2022, 01:35 PM

You neo-fascists gave Adams two weeks. You only gave DeBlasio 2 MINUTES before beginning your hate-filled claptrap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City