Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 05:29 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,276,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
So I suppose the question is where do we go from here.

We can't regulate people's fertility yet we have to provide benefits so they don't starve. There are not unlimited resources. GOOD jobs are few and far apart...

So what can we do to stop this cycle of criminal creation without running afoul of human rights?
Cut off the benefits and watch how quickly it stops. People respond to incentives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 06:34 PM

147 posts, read 60,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
Because Norplant is not permanent and you can't take away people's right to reproduce against their will. Having an age requirement would at least give people a chance to mature first and hopefully learn how to make some money and choose a suitable partner.
Women who take birth control pills, Norplant, etc, for prolonged periods of time tend to have very serious side effects, including fertility issues. Additionally, they are usually at an increased risk of developing ovarian cancer.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:44 PM

8,421 posts, read 4,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
Women who take birth control pills, Norplant, etc, for prolonged periods of time tend to have very serious side effects, including fertility issues. Additionally, they are usually at an increased risk of developing ovarian cancer.

IUDs are mechanical devices, not hormonal, and have been tremendously improved in this century. Copper IUDs are more than 99% effective, and when combined with condoms are as close to completely effective as possible. Serious complications of them are possible but rare, and the average time between removal of an IUD and desired pregnancy is 3 months.

Old 01-29-2022, 05:37 AM

147 posts, read 60,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
IUDs are mechanical devices, not hormonal, and have been tremendously improved in this century. Copper IUDs are more than 99% effective, and when combined with condoms are as close to completely effective as possible. Serious complications of them are possible but rare, and the average time between removal of an IUD and desired pregnancy is 3 months.
There can be side effects. Side effects from the IUD birth control method can be different for everyone. The side effects that one would get would be contingent on which type of IUD they have and their medical history.

There's no way to predict how a woman's body will respond to an IUD, but the most known side effects are:

Cramps
Fainting
Irregular or Heavy Periods and
Ovarian Cysts

The aforementioned side effects are serious and should not be taken lightly.

Old 01-29-2022, 07:01 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,911,603 times
Quote:
There can be side effects. Side effects from the IUD birth control method can be different for everyone. The side effects that one would get would be contingent on which type of IUD they have and their medical history.

There's no way to predict how a woman's body will respond to an IUD, but the most known side effects are:

Cramps
Fainting
Ovarian Cysts

I don't see a solution here.

Hormonal Birth control harms a woman's body.
People don't like the feeling of condoms.
Abstinence is impossible.
The adoption system is rigged.
Abortion remains contentious and unsustainable.
Yet over 50% of kids are OOPS unplanned babies in America.
Tubal ligation or hysterectomy is risky and has a negative impact to women's health.
Doctors are hesitant to provide vasectomies to young broke Men.

What. Do. We. Do

Old 01-29-2022, 07:04 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,276,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I don't see a solution here.

Hormonal Birth control harms a woman's body.
People don't like the feeling of condoms.
Abstinence is impossible.
The adoption system is rigged.
Abortion remains contentious and unsustainable.
Yet over 50% of kids are OOPS unplanned babies in America.
Tubal ligation or hysterectomy is risky and has a negative impact to women's health.
Doctors are hesitant to provide vasectomies to young broke Men.

What. Do. We. Do
Cut off (or whittle down) the benefits and watch how quickly the problem is solved.

It's not about kids dying in the streets. It's about forcing the mothers to make a choice between either working their ass off to support their kids (2 or 3 jobs) or living in real poverty.

Right now what we call poverty (at least in NYC) is a lie. It's "poverty" before all the welfare programs. After the welfare programs kick in, they live very comfortably.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:36 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,911,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Cut off (or whittle down) the benefits and watch how quickly the problem is solved.

It's not about kids dying in the streets. It's about forcing the mothers to make a choice between either working their ass off to support their kids (2 or 3 jobs) or living in real poverty.

Right now what we call poverty (at least in NYC) is a lie. It's "poverty" before all the welfare programs. After the welfare programs kick in, they live very comfortably.
I agree, but Democrats and poor single mothers will never allow such a measure to pass. Any candidate preaching austerity will be quickly removed from the pool.

I have ultimately determined there is no solution which is why I plan to expatriate hopefully in 2023. Enough is enough.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:46 AM

1,915 posts, read 748,024 times
If you live in a nice suburb outside the urban battlefields, you just don't care.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:22 AM

Quote:

Cramps
Fainting
Ovarian Cysts

There can be side effects from pregnancy too (and I mean medical side effects, in addition to the obvious side effect of child neglect that repeats and expands the cycle of poverty, criminality and unsustainable procreation in the next generation). I mentioned newer models of IUDs which are very reliable and have rare side effects.

Ovarian cysts are extremely common in general population, and maybe just more commonly formally diagnosed in women who go for regular gyn checkups because they have an IUD. Cramps? Get real. About 100% of women whose cycles are not hormonally abolished have menstrual cramps, so what? I would have rather had any of the "serious"() side effects you mentioned than brought into life a kid I couldn't support (which strikes me as incomparably more serious). But I took care of my contraception by the permanent method when I was quite young (when I realized that I really did not want kids, ever), so I can't talk from the first-hand experience, only from published data and from what people tell me who have IUDs. As far as I can tell, their main concern is that the IUD might have somehow moved out of the uterus because they don't feel or register its presence in any way whatsoever.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City