Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 06:04 PM

162 posts, read 76,466 times

Advertisements

Homogenized cow milk is poison to many people. What next, D-con rat kill for lunch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 10:59 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
back in my day a real treat was the franks and beans, yummers.

sloppy joe's, vomit inducing, thats all i remember.
i used to go home for lunch, the grammar school was walking distance

Old 02-07-2022, 12:06 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I swear old school NYC public school lunch food was the bomb. I loved the pizzas, hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, fish filets, tuna sandwiches, etc. Some of the best I ever had and can’t find anymore anywhere.

I think this was the last real food before everything became commercialized, highly processed and fake.
Yesss, I loved all of the above myself. The hamburgers, cheeseburgers and fish sandwiches wrapped in their individual aluminum foils... yum yum! Then if you wanted something extra, you could also buy the Linden's chocolate chip cookies

Old 02-08-2022, 04:26 AM

1,064 posts, read 544,389 times
So now Adams admits eating fish. I for one really don't care what he eats but he made people pay attention to what he eats, by proclaiming he's a vegan and starting Vegan Fridays.

Now he's complaining about the 'food police' who are watching what he eats at restaurants. He brought that on himself! He's not looking too savvy with this crap.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/07/vegan-...-he-eats-fish/

Old 02-08-2022, 07:12 AM

621 posts, read 240,723 times
How petty of a society have we become when we care what the mayor eats?

Old 02-08-2022, 07:18 AM

2,441 posts, read 1,217,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Ask the Mayor, he brought it up.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:25 AM

1,064 posts, read 544,389 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone would have cared or paid attention, except possibly in a positive manner because he's cleaned up his eating from several years ago and might have lost a few pounds.

But making a big thing of saying you're a vegan and then eating fish when you eat out publicly, as the mayor, when many eyes would be on you publicly anyway, is just dumb.

If being vegan or mostly vegan makes him feel better, then say you eat a mostly plant-based diet. No need for the vegan label.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:47 AM

5,676 posts, read 2,608,456 times
What the city needs to do is serve actual food and not processed crap.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:52 AM

621 posts, read 240,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Ask the Mayor, he brought it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
I don't think anyone would have cared or paid attention, except possibly in a positive manner because he's cleaned up his eating from several years ago and might have lost a few pounds.

But making a big thing of saying you're a vegan and then eating fish when you eat out publicly, as the mayor, when many eyes would be on you publicly anyway, is just dumb.

If being vegan or mostly vegan makes him feel better, then say you eat a mostly plant-based diet. No need for the vegan label.

I understand the history of why people are talking about it. But my question is how petty are we that we care about what this man eats? Does it not seem ridiculous to you that with all of the problems we have in the city, from homelessness to crime, the discovery that he eats fish is newsworthy?

Old 02-08-2022, 07:59 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Quote:
It is petty, I'll give you that but Adams set himself up by declaring something that he isn't. Be truthful.
No one likes to feel they're being scammed how ever "little" it is because then it begs the question, what other things is he lying about. He gives me shyster vibes...

That said, I'm not a fan of Adams but give him a break. I think it's great he's got people thinking about eating more healthily and bringing plant based foods into the discussion. His vegan chili demonstration and recipe has caused people to give it a try. Kudos to Adams for that.

Health is wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City