Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 11:59 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Doesn't fios use power from you home so you be getting a higher con ed bill??! I pay just $ 89.99 for 1 gig internet got a good isptv for my firestick and have a prepaid cell phone i think some of older seniors can those flip phone from aarp i seen ads on tv commercials!
I have FiOS. It's really not a big deal in terms of any additional electricity costs. The size of equipment has improved considerably from years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 03:21 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Over 90% of the city households should now be able to get Fios but the fact that they didn’t wire 100% is an indication the program wasn’t entirely successful at least from a business perspective. Verizon had a hard sell once it became available in my neighborhood over a decade ago. They hired people to make door to door cold calls who were less than professional. Every time the copper wires had a loss of phone service or DSL, they would try to sell you Fios when you called in the outage. When the technician arrived, he would pitch Fios instead of making the repair. When you declined, he acted like troubleshooting an outage was nearly impossible and came up with every excuse why he couldn’t fix the problem. Eventually they said switch to Fios by a certain date or lose your service entirely. I switched to Spectrum which took about a half hour to install without installing any special equipment as opposed to up to 8 hours and installing an Optical Network Terminal in my basement for Fios.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ight-with-nyc/
Someone I know got their face cracked recently by Verizon, but in a round about good way...

Service went out and he got usual run around from Verizon about it being copper cable, old, etc.... Without service for a week and was getting antsy just said "eff it" and signed up for Spectrum since they had been pestering him with offers for years.

Well lo and behold Verizon sends a crew out that repaired cable (his and others in area), so now his phone/internet service is back. Poor slob just paid Spectrum for a new install and first month's bill, but also now has to pay Verizon bill. He's also now has two internet services, so somebody has got to go....

Old 04-11-2022, 03:26 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Note like many other places lowest price FIOS plan only comes with autopay. 300 Mbps isn't that much faster than high speed DSL, but suppose FIOS is more secure upwards and downwards.

https://www.verizon.com/home/bundles...SABEgIO4PD_BwE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City