Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 03:55 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,010,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
As long as he says crack-a and not crack-er. I’m ok with it.
Judging by the way he speaks, I doubt he knows the difference.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:56 PM

34,179 posts, read 47,465,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Actually you should get very mad at anyone who calls you a n****r. But now I'm wondering if Adams told Lopez-Pierre to release the video as sort of a signal to his many anti-police black constituents in the ghetto that he's still a 'brother' only to have it backfire on him.
Sticks n stones

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-05-2022, 04:11 PM

2,669 posts, read 1,260,336 times
The Adams Era is off to an astonishing start.

Old 02-05-2022, 04:19 PM

Lol to those who responded to my post

Exactly who Adams was describing

Old 02-05-2022, 04:46 PM

2,924 posts, read 2,593,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I am guessing he is addressing an all black and latino crowd so he had to switch up and be a little "hood" and keep it real.
He probably did but now that he is mayor of all NYC residents, not just Black and Latinos, he did what he should have done addressing a crowd of all people. He unequivocally apologized and admitted that it was WRONG of him to have used that language and he didn't hem-and-haw trying to get around admitting his error. Regardless of the context, there is NO excuse for anyone to refer to another group of people by a racist slur.

Old 02-05-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Can you imagine a white (or any other race that’s not black) mayor using these racial pejoratives? The media would make it a national outrage and the Left would call for his resignation.
Most definitely! He'd been out of office by now and the next in line would be at the mic for the breaking news special conference thanking Mr. Adams for his brief service as mayor of NYC.

Old 02-05-2022, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
SeventhFloor thinks the mayor reads his posts
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Interlude again."

Old 02-05-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
A man who calls white people “crackers” is our mayor.
Welcome to the other side. Those of us who are African-Americans as well as those who are Latinos have had mayors, whether we voted for them or not, refer to our people by derogatory name(s) when they were among their own tribe. Yes, they did it when none of us "where in the room where it happened". It rarely leaked publicly but on occasion, it did. Today things are different because everyone has phone to capture what's happening or being said. They record it and then they use it later when they want to blackmail, force someone's hand, or stoke the flames of public outrage.

Old 02-05-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
does NYC add points on promotion tests for certain ''demographics''?
Do you mean Affirmative Action for Blacks and other minorities in an attempt to start righting the past wrongs by providing equity in our society for people who had historically been denied a decent education, denied career opportunities, and denied the entry to achieving the American dream, based on their skin color? The very opportunities which had always been available to Whites. Is that the program which "add points on promotion tests" that you're referring to?

Old 02-05-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Not a big deal. It's like accusing someone white of being racist because they refer to "ghetto trash". Cracker = dumb white, a hick. Plenty of dumb whites.

It's an epithet. Not a slur.
No, in the Black community, calling Whites that word is intended as a racial slur. It's equivalent to the n-word for Black people. There is no way around it. Mayor Adams did right by apologizing for using the word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City