Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 06:27 AM

4,210 posts, read 4,115,876 times

Advertisements

The supply charge on my March bill was 2.9 cents per kWh, down from 18.8 cents in February. The total cost for electricity including delivery charges and taxes and other charges went from $112 in February to $60 in March.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 08:42 AM

25,424 posts, read 37,189,609 times
I guess with Con-Ed billing, you just gotta sit back, pull your pants down and try to enjoy whatever they do to you.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:17 AM

My April Con Ed bill per their website is $16 more despite using 20 kWh less than in March. I guess the March supply rate was artificially made lower and/or the Ukraine war raised prices. I can’t see the actual bill until tomorrow to see the supply charge per kWh. For some reason Con Ed shows the balance due a day before the detailed bill is available online.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:12 AM

37,307 posts, read 39,639,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I guess with Con-Ed billing, you just gotta sit back, pull your pants down and try to enjoy whatever they do to you.

A friend and I have been experimenting with jury-rigging small stationary storage rigs and a friend of mine has a company that does small folding solar panels, so maybe not for us!

Old 04-13-2022, 08:21 AM

19,092 posts, read 14,056,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
A friend and I have been experimenting with jury-rigging small stationary storage rigs and a friend of mine has a company that does small folding solar panels, so maybe not for us!
What type of batteries are you using for storage?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-13-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
My April Con Ed bill per their website is $16 more despite using 20 kWh less than in March. I guess the March supply rate was artificially made lower and/or the Ukraine war raised prices. I can’t see the actual bill until tomorrow to see the supply charge per kWh. For some reason Con Ed shows the balance due a day before the detailed bill is available online.
I saw my bill and the supply charge per kWh went from 2.9 cents in March to 10.4 cents in April. The low rate in March might have been a one time thing to make up for the high February rate but this month’s rate is over 50% higher than the same month last year. When they say inflation is 8.5% that is misleading because many things went up a lot higher than that.

Old 04-14-2022, 10:09 AM

37,307 posts, read 39,639,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
What type of batteries are you using for storage?

Our initial tests were from salvaged 18650 li-ion batteries from a large batch of similar laptops because it's what we had ready access to cheaply and let us get our hands dirty and thinking through things. My friend wanted to go nuts and try to accumulate a bunch of old smartphone batteries as a nice, do-gooder-ish reuse project but we had to put the kibosh on that because even just the sheer acquisition and accumulation of these to be even remotely useful was going to be an absurd amount of annoying hands-on work and that's before ripping these out of their devices and then testing and validation--doing it with the laptop batteries was already more than enough of that.

Our next step was initially going to be salvaged Nissan Leaf battery modules as these generally were relatively cheap and had charge / discharge, temperature, and risk profiles that would work great for what would be a sheltered, indoor or indoor-ish location without direct sunlight, but the price and availability of those has been fluctuating wildly which I think might be due to larger, better funded purchasers who are doing these for commercial, even utility-scale projects so we're now thinking of turning towards third-party LFP batteries similar to what the project lithium Prius replacement batteries are using.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 04-14-2022 at 11:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City