Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 07:02 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,265,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

NYC has never, ever, been a place where you could go to the store and leave your front door unlocked.
You're flat out wrong..I grew up (not that long ago) in a neighborhood where we literally left our doors unlocked and I could roam the streets as a kid at all hours of the night without issue. There were a ton of neighborhoods like this in NYC even during the the murder heydays in the early 90s.

As I've said before the problem isn't crime, the problem is random crime or the perception thereof.

I don't know where you grew up but according to your statement I can narrow it down fairly accurately. You grew up in a place with plenty of crime so.you think that's the norm.

Last edited by Esacni; 02-13-2022 at 07:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
This seems like a targeted hit. Nothing was stolen or taken from the victim. I wonder if he owed money to the wrong people.
It's a tight knit community where one can borrow money free of interest (interest is illegal in Islam).

It seems like a carjacking gone wrong. If it was a hit, it would've been known by now. The perps may not have intended to kill him but I'd bet it was some teen that got scared of him maybe fighting back and squeezed the trigger instinctually. People in the hood don't exactly practice trigger discipline.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:17 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,035,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
It's a tight knit community where one can borrow money free of interest (interest is illegal in Islam).

It seems like a carjacking gone wrong. If it was a hit, it would've been known by now. The perps may not have intended to kill him but I'd bet it was some teen that got scared of him maybe fighting back and squeezed the trigger.
Organized crime still exists in all cultures and religions. Although the man is described as an airport worker who just pushed wheelchairs consider another angle. He worked in an AIRPORT - with sensitive security access to certain areas. Now, airports are known SMUGGLING VENUES for contraband. He could have been involved in something shady. Even if he was not directly involved then his access card and id could have been enough to allow others access to sensitive areas.

Perhaps I am grasping at straws here but this angle should be examined.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Organized crime still exists in all cultures and religions. Although the man is described as an airport worker who just pushed wheelchairs consider another angle. He worked in an AIRPORT - with sensitive security access to certain areas. Now, airports are known SMUGGLING VENUES for contraband. He could have been involved in something shady. Even if he was not directly involved then his access card and id could have been enough to allow others access to sensitive areas.

Perhaps I am grasping at straws here but this angle should be examined.
The guy pushed wheelchairs (they're basically at the bottom rung of airport workers ). If he had access to loading baggage or security, I could see your inference being plausible.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:40 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,133,017 times
Quote:
The guy pushed wheelchairs (they're basically at the bottom rung of airport workers ). If he had access to loading baggage or security, I could see your inference being plausible.
Whatever.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:35 PM

206 posts, read 116,920 times
Quote:
This seems like a targeted hit. Nothing was stolen or taken from the victim. I wonder if he owed money to the wrong people.
It could be a ghetto thug getting gang initiation by killing an innocent person. Or a ghetto thug with blood lust or perhaps racism.

A young Indian man was shot and killed in Chicago just chilling out on the porch during a house party last year. Was he a mob informant also?

The point is the targeted hit angle is a stretch. Based on the gun violence of the location for both murders (Chitown, east NY), most likely it was ghetto thugs.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:23 AM

16,122 posts, read 6,878,176 times
Brooklyn Man Found Shot in the Head Outside His Own Home- Cypress Hills

Whoah.....................all I can say............

Pack it up .Pack it in .Let me begin. Time to leave New York . That's a Win............
Jump up ,Jump up and get down........................

Old 02-14-2022, 06:54 AM

34,107 posts, read 47,343,484 times
Quote:
You're flat out wrong..I grew up (not that long ago) in a neighborhood where we literally left our doors unlocked and I could roam the streets as a kid at all hours of the night without issue. There were a ton of neighborhoods like this in NYC even during the the murder heydays in the early 90s.

As I've said before the problem isn't crime, the problem is random crime or the perception thereof.

I don't know where you grew up but according to your statement I can narrow it down fairly accurately. You grew up in a place with plenty of crime so.you think that's the norm.
A ton of neighborhoods? Overexaggeration. Aside from the anomaly which would be maybe South Shore Staten Island back then, and you can't even say them anymore due to the opiod addictions. Then there's the physical isolation of a few areas. Otherwise, crime has always been an aspect of living in this city for most people.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-06-2022, 04:34 PM

Where are the clowns that claimed this was not random?

Old 03-06-2022, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
A ton of neighborhoods? Overexaggeration. Aside from the anomaly which would be maybe South Shore Staten Island back then, and you can't even say them anymore due to the opiod addictions. Then there's the physical isolation of a few areas. Otherwise, crime has always been an aspect of living in this city for most people.
You live in the hood so you think crime.is everywhere. You think everybody acts like your compatriots in the hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: