Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 09:35 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,010,097 times

Advertisements

Mandate will be lifted this summer to help their elections. Psychological effect, summer, no mandates, freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 10:08 AM

19,092 posts, read 14,056,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Going to large events (such as a Knicks/Rangers game at MSG) is even worse and the line to check people's papers goes around the corner and adds an additional 20 minutes or so just to get to the corridor where one has to walk to get their ticket scanned.
Yeah screw that. I’ve been to numerous large events in NJ without having to show personal medical info to some minimum wage flunky of the tyrannical state.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-25-2022, 10:37 AM

1,162 posts, read 876,626 times
An announcement was supposed to be today for when vax card mandates will be lifted...but so far havent heard anything. I thought he said "I can't wait to lift them"

Old 02-25-2022, 10:44 AM

3,358 posts, read 1,249,652 times
Quote:
Going to large events (such as a Knicks/Rangers game at MSG) is even worse and the line to check people's papers goes around the corner and adds an additional 20 minutes or so just to get to the corridor where one has to walk to get their ticket scanned.
which is also a dog and pony show. i've been to a couple of knicks games and they barely glance at your card and don't check id.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:49 AM

32,014 posts, read 27,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
which is also a dog and pony show. i've been to a couple of knicks games and they barely glance at your card and don't check id.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:55 AM

2,669 posts, read 1,260,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
An announcement was supposed to be today for when vax card mandates will be lifted...but so far havent heard anything. I thought he said "I can't wait to lift them"
I'm sure he can wait, and he's just giving sound bytes to make it sound like he's actually trying to do something.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:56 AM

2,669 posts, read 1,260,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
I last went to a Knicks game when the mandates were first enacted (back in October or November) so maybe they've lightened up since then. At that time, it was pretty seriously enforced.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:05 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,249,652 times
Quote:
I last went to a Knicks game when the mandates were first enacted (back in October or November) so maybe they've lightened up since then. At that time, it was pretty seriously enforced.
I've been to 3 games since December and it was always a joke. Maybe at first it was taken more seriously, or maybe you got someone who cared.

Old 02-25-2022, 02:31 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,131,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
I can agree with you on that. I guess what I'm saying is that now that we have the majority of the city vaccinated, restaurants are still struggling b/c their prices are too damn high. Fast food and uber eats is booming because that's what the majority of folks can afford.

So showing your vax card is what keeps you and most of the people you know away from restaurants? Interesting!
Restaurants in NYC, yes. I don't live there but would go often. It's not required in NJ and we go anywhere we want. And we're going to a museum in Philadelphia soon because they don't require it. They just dropped the mandate for restaurants so we'll eat there too. I know it won't make anything change, but we all have to do what we can live with. I have family and friends that go to places that don't check, it's just not worth it to me to feel like it may happen. I met friends at a bar recently in Brooklyn. I don't know if they're supposed to be checking but I knew I wouldn't be asked.

Old 02-25-2022, 03:41 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,010,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Restaurants in NYC, yes. I don't live there but would go often. It's not required in NJ and we go anywhere we want. And we're going to a museum in Philadelphia soon because they don't require it. They just dropped the mandate for restaurants so we'll eat there too. I know it won't make anything change, but we all have to do what we can live with. I have family and friends that go to places that don't check, it's just not worth it to me to feel like it may happen. I met friends at a bar recently in Brooklyn. I don't know if they're supposed to be checking but I knew I wouldn't be asked.
Thats funny. We went to Philly last week just to go to a museum and a mandatory Philly Cheesesteak at "sonnys" this time. Next time will try Oh Brothers, which is next door. Kids liked the museum. Drove around the city. Love its architecture. Shame that the Northern Philly is just a zoo and that Camden is next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City