Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 08:42 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Eh I went to war 4 times and refuse to wear your beloved face diaper. How many wartime deployments have you had?
Mod cut: personal attack

Ok here are some facts since you are curious.

Active army 4 years, deployed once

Ivy league educated

Big tech/big banking - make more money than you would ever collect on your silly NYPD pension.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 02-28-2022 at 09:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 09:17 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
You know, normally I ignore blatant personal attacks on myself, but that one is just too obvious. I wouldn’t figure an ivy leaguer to give the easy ones away.

No infraction though because I prefer to say this: I’m not jealous of people like you. I appreciate you for picking up the burden of my pension, especially after the major boost provided by a group of people who certainly aren’t paying their share! Without people like you, I’d still be working full time. Eff that.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-28-2022, 10:58 AM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
we need to vote a lot of these NY politicians out of here

Old 02-28-2022, 12:34 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
we need to vote a lot of these NY politicians out of here
I think NYC voting is rigged. I don't understand how people keep voting for the same incompetent people.

Old 03-01-2022, 01:24 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Watch the scary times that’s in our future - digital ID systems embedded in us- analysis of the World Economic Forum and the future they hold for the world:

https://youtu.be/-b8TBPSTuiM

The guy is a bit sarcastic but literally listen to what he says

Old 03-04-2022, 04:04 AM

12,790 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I think NYC voting is rigged. I don't understand how people keep voting for the same incompetent people.
That isn't the issue. Most people don't vote, but NYC is heavily Democrat, so you would need all Republicans to turn out, LOTS of Democrats to stay home AND some Democrats voting for a Republican to get a Republican mayor elected. This forum has some conservative voters, but they aren't representative of all of NYC.

Old 03-04-2022, 04:17 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That isn't the issue. Most people don't vote, but NYC is heavily Democrat, so you would need all Republicans to turn out, LOTS of Democrats to stay home AND some Democrats voting for a Republican to get a Republican mayor elected. This forum has some conservative voters, but they aren't representative of all of NYC.
the first time mayor bill bozo was elected there was barely no one at the poll where I voted at peak time for voting it is usually crowded for a major elections like for mayor.

Old 03-04-2022, 09:00 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Mayor Eric Adams Could Lift Restaurant Vaccine Checks, Some Owners Might Keep Them Anyway

https://www.thecity.nyc/2022/3/3/229...taurants-covid

Mayor Eric Adams is expected to announce Friday that restaurants and other indoor venues no longer have to check guests’ COVID vaccination status — prompting jubilation from much of the dining industry.

Yet some proprietors are deciding to keep a vaccine mandate in place, or thinking about it, while remaining unsure of how their customers will react no matter which course they choose.

Before Adams declared last weekend that he expects to lift the Key2NYC vaccine passport mandate, Jeremy Wladis was leaning toward continuing to check customers’ status at his Upper West Side restaurants, which include Good Enough to Eat and Harvest Kitchen.

“I was to the point where I said, you know, I’m going to probably keep it alive for a while and see how people feel because my personal opinion and my professional opinion is, our civic duty was to go out and get vaccinated. And I still believe it’s the case,” said Wladis, the president of The Restaurant Group.

But the steady decline of new infections coupled with the drop in deaths from the virus, has Wladis rethinking his decision. On the Upper West Side, more than 85% of adults are fully vaccinated, and Wladis said patrons tout their vaccination cards “as a badge of honor.”

“From our standpoint we’re happy to do it,” he added. “I’m gonna talk to my team and ask anybody if they feel that there’s any negativity either way and ask them their thoughts.”

Old 03-04-2022, 09:01 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Watching NY1 right now, Adams is holding a press conference and the mayor is going to lift indoor mask mandate for schools. And I think, lift the vaccine requirement for indoors. He will lift vaccine mandate to key2nyc venues (whatever that is). It's too early to provide a link.

Old 03-04-2022, 09:34 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,152,710 times
Finally, the intrusive mask mandate will be lifted Monday 03/07/2022 -
https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2...dams-says.html

Quote:
That means business owners at indoor establishments like bars, restaurants and gyms will no longer need to check patrons’ vaccine status before they enter. Businesses can still use their discretion, but the government mandate will no longer be in place, Adams said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City