Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 02:15 PM

1,059 posts, read 548,819 times

Advertisements

Just now, channel 4 didn't have the guts to show it -- froze the video before the hammering. It is "too disturbing."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 02:24 PM

10,098 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Horrible.

Regarding the cane, the people that use one range from needing the cane to get up and stay standing to very mild cases where a person doesn’t walk exactly as they used it and/or aren’t able to walk in a straight line. In the mild cases, the person can stand up and walk without the cane. That’s not the issue and if walking in a straight line isn’t an issue, then they can walk without the cane.

If a person recovered from a head injury or are avoiding a hip fracture or have leg/feet/coordination problems; using a cane adds extra stability if there is a lot of snow/ice on the ground. The same for going up or down stairs.

Old 02-25-2022, 02:45 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoComplaintsHere View Post
This vicious attack is not due to “mental illness”, but good try. It is just a complete savage who knows there are no consequences.

It was also a hate crime and since it is another (of the thousands) of black attackers you can bet your bottom dollar that your little buddy Mayor Adams will turn a blind eye to this one.
"Mayor Eric Adams on Friday called the Queens attack “just brutal,” while Health Department chief Dr. Dave Chokshi described critically wounded victim NIna Rothschild as “truly a public health hero” who has been working “tirelessly” for the city. "

I guess Jews are on the menu again for the attackers.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:18 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolgre View Post
I read that comment about NYC going back to the 70s and 80s crime-wise. I was young and working in the 70s and 80s and, believe me, it's much, much worse now than it ever was back then.

I agree with you, it is much worse now, much worse.

Old 02-25-2022, 08:17 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Lucky they mentioned the cane.

God knows how many thousands of New Yorkers, including me, might be wearing all black.

Old 02-26-2022, 04:47 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
My prayers go out to her.

As for our Mayor...............go ahead ....tell us once more how
he defends his brothers NYPD job because he will protect against white supremacists.

With all the recent subway stabbings, rapes and being pushed to the tracks; 461 felony assaults and counting.
More than any since 1997. How many.....Mr.Mayor..........how many have been by White Supremacists?

Nuff said..........

Old 02-26-2022, 05:22 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,395,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
"Mayor Eric Adams on Friday called the Queens attack “just brutal,” while Health Department chief Dr. Dave Chokshi described critically wounded victim NIna Rothschild as “truly a public health hero” who has been working “tirelessly” for the city. "

Well now, I don't think he had a way of knowing she was Jewish, ie, I don't think it was that, but her race was quite evident. Just imagine the BLM outcry if he had been white and she black - there would have been no end to it in national media. But since it is reverse, it's "just brutal", nothing special, nothing to see here folks, meh (as Seventh Floor would say), wake me up when there are some real news, since only racists/white supremacists think or say that all lives matter.

Old 02-26-2022, 08:17 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post

Oh please. Cut the anti-Semitic, "they are out to get us" nonsense. It does not apply in this situation. You are just reaching.
The poor lady just happened to be Jewish. She was not wearing a yarmulke or any garments that indicated she was Jewish. She just happened to be a typical, older white female which is a perfect target for these scum. If any group deserves sympathy it's Asians.
This attack just proves that women need to start arming themselves. Next time some sick animal looks at you the wrong way you way your piece at them. And if they get too close you blast the effer.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:46 AM

979 posts, read 418,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
We all went through the same Covid lockdowns. How come we’re not full of hatred and rage? Seems like only a certain demographic is full of hatred and rage. Ironically this is the same group that has always been high on the hatred and rage scale way before Covid.
And the media and the Left are encouraging their rage and hatred.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:57 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
This attack just proves that women need to start arming themselves. Next time some sick animal looks at you the wrong way you way your piece at them. And if they get too close you blast the effer.
I doubt you are going get middle aged women who have never handled firearms to arm themselves even if they can legally find a way to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: