Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 06:38 PM

15,619 posts, read 15,754,668 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't pay nothin'.

I decided that a lower apartment is preferable - I'm sheltered from street noise by the surrounding buildings, and when there is the inevitable outage or elevator problem, I can shrug it off and walk up a few flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 07:59 PM

621 posts, read 243,646 times
Lots of haters in this thread. His apartment is incredible and the views are stellar. His stay of abstinence won't last too long. :-).

Old 02-28-2022, 03:58 PM

147 posts, read 60,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Lots of haters in this thread. His apartment is incredible and the views are stellar. His stay of abstinence won't last too long. :-).
I do think that people are hating and concur that the apartment looks nice and the view is amazing. I imagine that it must be really nice when it's raining or snowing. It's nothing like having a beautiful view of the bridge, water and Manhattan skyline.

Old 02-28-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I know people who live in NYCHA and Mitchell Lamas with better views!
But if they are living in NYCHA and Mitchell Lama apartments, that pretty much cancels out the view, because they have to deal with criminals, and generally very bad living conditions (i.e. rodents and other pests, old and broken appliances, cinderblock jail like walls) and a myriad of other issues that are common w/ public housing.

When I lived in a luxury rental, I loved the peace of mind that came from living in a doorman/concierge building. People didn't have access to just walk into the building.

Old 02-28-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
I’ve had views better than that in $700 per month apartments.

And what year was that in, 1978 or 1983?

Old 03-04-2022, 07:01 AM

25,424 posts, read 37,204,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
I’ve had views better than that in $700 per month apartments.

Only because you got to watch them building Stonehenge.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:51 AM

162 posts, read 71,231 times
I wouldn't. I couldn't care less about the view. When I was at The Beresford the views were amazing but being that it's across from Central Park, I've witnessed events that led me to realize there's "no escaping this" (beatnuts voice).

Prior to moving the ONLY things I was interested in were if the neighborhood is diverse, if the apartment is reasonably priced and if the zoned schools in the neighborhood are rated over 6/10.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:44 AM

25,424 posts, read 37,204,442 times
I had the best view in the tri-state area until I moved to Manhattan. I was right on the Hudson River (Newport, Jersey City) with an unobstructed view of the whole NYC skyline. It was more than $800 but not too much more.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:38 AM

8,714 posts, read 11,125,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
I do think that people are hating and concur that the apartment looks nice and the view is amazing. I imagine that it must be really nice when it's raining or snowing. It's nothing like having a beautiful view of the bridge, water and Manhattan skyline.
there are always haters here.

I use to live in an apt with a great view. Some of the potential negatives. With great views comes with excess sunlight and heat. This holds true for those newer floor to ceiling windows. I also experience increase noise levels. Great location with great night life area have crowds all night. Congestion have honkings all day & night too.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:53 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,125,763 times
Quote:
Quote:
And what year was that in, 1978 or 1983?
You were hating on it in your 1st post...

Most of us love a great view, but are you willing to pay $5K per month (and that doesn't include utilities), for a beautiful iconic view from your bedroom and living room?

I think the apartment featured in the below video is beautiful, but I can't say that I would be willing to pay that amount in rent
I think about opportunity costs and as such, I prefer to put the bulk of my earnings into my investment accounts, not in the hands of corporate rental owners.

What was the point of this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City