Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 07:39 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
One of the more frustrating aspects of the security issues on the subway and the city in general is the fact that there are a number of politicians and residents who claim that there really isn’t a problem. They’ll often add the news exaggerates the issues and that no actions are needed to fix anything. It’s infuriating.
Exactly. I mentioned on another thread that we cancelled our May trip to NYC because of this rising crime and I was told it's not that bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 07:50 AM

6,661 posts, read 2,966,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Exactly. I mentioned on another thread that we cancelled our May trip to NYC because of this rising crime and I was told it's not that bad.
I don't think there are 'more' whackos to be honest.

It's just that there are less normal people around and you get exposed more often. And the whackos fill in the void. You stand out more.

I like crowded areas because statistically, someone else is gonna get it, not me

And when walking around, if I see a whacko ahead, I can half step a beat to let someone else walk around me and inbetween us like a running back using a guard,..heh.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:55 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,029,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Oh,..it was just a cultural misunderstanding!

What Culture/Tradition is it where they smash feces into each other's faces? lol.

Cross that Country off my travel list.
Dog culture. When 2 mutts meet each other they either bark or immediately begin sniffing each other's asses. It's always one of the 2. Some humans are like this as well.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:01 AM

5,813 posts, read 2,940,694 times
Some of the homeless I noticed today and this is nothing new, are so far gone, so finished, they are dead just not fully dead to be honest.
The humane thing to do is to put them out or their misery. Let god welcome them to his pastures.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:17 AM

5,676 posts, read 2,608,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
This is hilarious.
At least he didn’t stab her to death.
A little poo on your face ain’t much after what politicians have done to you for the past 2 years with their lock downs and mandates.

Take it in stride NY. You earned it.
Nope. I'd prefer to be stabbed.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Nope. I'd prefer to be stabbed.
Be civil now. They want to die. We want them to die. Let them die. Give them a pill and adios.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:22 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,707,576 times
Quote:
This is hilarious.
At least he didn’t stab her to death.
A little poo on your face ain’t much after what politicians have done to you for the past 2 years with their lock downs and mandates.

Take it in stride NY. You earned it.
He will definitely stab or push someone onto the tracks next. The dude should be out already, roaming the streets again.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
He will definitely stab or push someone onto the tracks next. The dude should be out already, roaming the streets again.
Question here is, where are his parents? Are they shuffling poop as well ? Is this a genetic thing ?
Should we keep the masks on a bit more in hopes of avoiding eating poop ?

Old 03-01-2022, 08:35 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,608,476 times
What infuriates me is that these random attacks are happening every day, and yet the vast majority of New Yorkers just shrug it off as an accepted risk of life in the city, while at the same time remaining deathly afraid of covid, glaring at anybody not triple masking while walking alone outdoors.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:58 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Question here is, where are his parents? Are they shuffling poop as well ? Is this a genetic thing ?
Should we keep the masks on a bit more in hopes of avoiding eating poop ?
He has an African last name, so my guess is the perp is African. The parents may be in Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: