Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 04:04 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,318,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
There are still talks going on about this?

Just a quick question. When was the last time anyone posting in this thread been in that area? And I actually mean been there, not the arm chair person sitting behind a computer in another borough using google street view on google maps, or the passerby who drove through it for 5 seconds on the Deegan.

Ive been away for a little over a year and yesterday was the first time i drove through there and was trying to figure out where did all these luxury buildings oddly placed next to junk yards, mechanic shops, etc

The individuals who get these units are waiting for the area to change and its changing at a rapid pace. Everything below 149th street in undergoing a change. That area will be the next Downtown Brooklyn where its Manhattan prices in Bronx locations.
So let me get this straight.... You're complaining about people driving through there for five seconds on the Deegan when you did the same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 04:33 PM

1,486 posts, read 992,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
So let me get this straight.... You're complaining about people driving through there for five seconds on the Deegan when you did the same thing?
Umm no ones complaining, I asked a straight logical question for clarity against those whose only familiarity with the area is from behind a computer screen or drive through so fast they hardly have time see anything. Did you forget I have friends and family in that area. And even though I drove through there I actually stopped, got out of my car and walk around there to see what changed since I haven't been there in over a year due to travelling.

So no, you cannot say I did the same thing because unlike you, I actually currently live in the South Bronx, matter a fact I lived in Mott Haven after moving from Melrose. You can smack your head all you want but you cannot not say when was the last time YOU were there on foot

Last edited by SoullessOne; 05-30-2022 at 04:53 PM..

Old 05-30-2022, 04:59 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,318,758 times
Quote:
Umm no ones complaining, I asked a straight logical question for clarity against those whose only familiarity with the area is from behind a computer screen or drive through so fast they hardly have time see anything. Did you forget I have friends and family in that area. And even though I drove through there I actually stopped, got out of my car and walk around there to see what changed since I haven't been there in over a year due to travelling.

So no, you cannot say I did the same thing because unlike you, I actually currently live in the South Bronx, matter a fact I lived in Mott Haven after moving from Melrose. You can smack your head all you want but you cannot not say when was the last time YOU were there on foot
Well I guess we owe you a prize for getting out of your car and walking around. Almost sounds like you were a tourist in the area and not a resident. Anytime I talk about an area it's because I have actually been there. For the record, I have never stated where I lived in NYC, but nice try.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:42 PM

270 posts, read 145,970 times
They're building a lot of ”luxury” highrises at lighting speed in New Rochelle as well. They are all near or on Main Street. It looks like they plan on packing as many people as possible in a high density area. (Part of the ”Great Reset”?)

Old 05-31-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Well I guess we owe you a prize for getting out of your car and walking around. Almost sounds like you were a tourist in the area and not a resident. Anytime I talk about an area it's because I have actually been there. For the record, I have never stated where I lived in NYC, but nice try.

I asked the thread when was the last time anyone been in that area. You took it upon yourself to not answer the question, but come at me with some nonsense.

Then I asked you directly, when was the last time you were in the area. And not only did you not answer the question, again you took it as another chance to come at me.

Come on, its a simple ass question. When was the last time you were in that area to physically see whats going on there with development in that area?

Old 05-31-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosenza View Post
They're building a lot of ”luxury” highrises at lighting speed in New Rochelle as well. They are all near or on Main Street. It looks like they plan on packing as many people as possible in a high density area. (Part of the ”Great Reset”?)
Its quite a sight, not limited to NY as well. It seems like many developers are doing this all over the country and its easy to target low income areas. I remember when they did it to Queen Borough Plaza, and Downtown Brooklyn. Im actually looing to see if they will be able to it to Queensbridge Projects as that entire housing project is sitting on water front property.

If it worked in Downtown Chicago were everything along the river was warehouses and factories they might as well try it elsewhere as there is a demand for high rises on the water.

Yesterday I went to Bronx Terminal Market and surprised to see just how fast they are putting up that building next to the bridge. Im actually looking forward to see how are they going to handle the homeless problem that spills out from the shelter on 151st and Walton or the ones that linger around 149th and Grand Concourse.

I saw they placed a Wyndham affiliate hotel down on 138th and Park Avenue, an area that started to become a tent city but its all cleared out now. And on the other side of the tracks they finished building a few buildings. I remember a few years back I was talking to the machinic who worked at Karz doing body work on my vehicle since we were both from the Caribbean and he was telling me investors are buying up all the property to change that area to residential and I laughed at the thought. But here we are years later and I guess hes laughing now because Im watching it happen.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:23 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,911,667 times
they should figure out a way how to bring the Q train to the bx, and station it @ 135th & 3rd, second stop being 138th & 3rd

Old 06-01-2022, 07:20 AM

5,466 posts, read 5,722,868 times
Why would anyone pay these prices to live in that area I have no idea. There is no way those rents are worth it.
Quote:
The individuals who get these units are waiting for the area to change and its changing at a rapid pace. Everything below 149th street in undergoing a change. That area will be the next Downtown Brooklyn where its Manhattan prices in Bronx locations.
That rationale only works if you're actually buying the property. These people will be renting. They are never going to get the upside if it ever materializes.

Old 06-02-2022, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Why would anyone pay these prices to live in that area I have no idea. There is no way those rents are worth it.

That rationale only works if you're actually buying the property. These people will be renting. They are never going to get the upside if it ever materializes.
You're absolutely right, the asking price per unit does not justify the area as it is currently. I laughed so hard when I saw the prices for a studio in The Arches on the Housing Connect site for affordable housing. But im sure the same was said about Queens Borough Plaza, Downtown Brooklyn and Jersey City and look how it is now. Mott Haven was the last place to go to and if they redo the whole water front similar to Hunters Point South in LIC, it just might work.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:51 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,158,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosenza View Post

The Bronx 'luxury' buildings are more part of a 'Great Experiment'. Can developers find enough people willing to pay high rents in the South Bronx? The developer wins either way of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City