Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 11:00 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,286,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
All politicians, left or right, are sly and tend to go “wherever the wind blows” on most issues. Left or right. I will use Donald trump as example. Trump was a big democratic donor. He donated to the Clintons several times. He only pivoted to being a hard right wing politician when he realized that certain talking points would motivate the Republican base. He also made several false promises (like all politicians, left or right) that he knew he could not keep. Mexico did not pay for the wall, jobs still left for overseas. He cut regulations on coal, et it’s still a dying industry due to market forces. I could keep on going. Every politician is sly, because that’s what gets them elected. The fact that you can only see it for the left demonstrates a lack of critical thinking, and that is why I say our educational system has failed you.

The GOP has an ever shrinking tent. It held together by two groups, Christian fundamentalist that oppose abortion And other social progressive issues and big business interest groups. The Democratic Party on the other hand, includes corporatist and big oil Joe Manchin, who’s much closer to moderate republicans than he is to senators like Elizabeth Warren. The fact that you can’t see the difference is a little sad.
Trump was a Democrat many years ago. People do walk away, you know. Many folks including myself have also. It is what happens when the Democratic Party has gone off the deep end.

You know, treating illegals better than citizens. Treating criminals better than cops. Constantly peddling race and hate to get votes. Penalizing hard working people while rewarding the takers. Bringing down the achievers in schools to the level of the failures just for equity sake. Hate the church but want everyone to worship at the rainbow altar. Take guns away from citizens so only criminals have them. Canceling oil pipelines that transports oil more efficiently in favor of rails and trucks that burn fossil fuels while claiming to fight climate change. I could go on and on but you get the drift.

Who in their right mind would continue to support this kind of insanity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2022, 11:14 AM

914 posts, read 1,138,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Trump was a Democrat many years ago. People do walk away, you know. Many folks including myself have also. It is what happens when the Democratic Party has gone off the deep end.

You know, treating illegals better than citizens. Treating criminals better than cops. Constantly peddling race and hate to get votes. Penalizing hard working people while rewarding the takers. Bringing down the achievers in schools to the level of the failures just for equity sake. Hate the church but want everyone to worship at the rainbow altar. Take guns away from citizens so only criminals have them. Canceling oil pipelines that transports oil more efficiently in favor of rails and trucks that burn fossil fuels while claiming to fight climate change. I could go on and on but you get the drift.

Who in their right mind would continue to support this kind of insanity?
In what way are undocumented immigrants treated better than citizens? They are paid less, use less government services and as a population, commit less crime than citizens. That is not to say I support open borders or amnesty, but it does mean that I want them to be treated with dignity and respect. After all, it was the US, with our demand for illicit drugs and our Congress acting on the behest of our multinationals that played a huge hand in destabilizing the countries these people are fleeing.

In what way are criminals treated better than cops? How many cops are in jail for police misconduct? How many cops are prejudiced against in terms of employment opportunities. Fact is, cops are some of the highest paid civil servants and contrary to popular belief, their jobs are NOT amongst the most dangerous.

90% of the wealth is owned by the 1%. This massive redistribution of wealth you are foaming at mouth isn’t occurring. If anything, it should happen. History has shown that nations get destabilized when there is such massive wealth inequality. Our most prosperous period as a nation has a much smaller wealth inequality.

No one is forcing you worship at any rainbow alter. In fact, you don’t even have to be friends with LGBTQ, just give them equal rights and don’t discriminate against them. You sound exactly like white people did during the civil rights era.

I could go on, but it’s nice day out and I am not going to waste it debating someone who clearly has no ability to go beyond easily disproven talking points.

Old 03-20-2022, 11:37 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,286,340 times
Quote:
In what way are undocumented immigrants treated better than citizens? They are paid less, use less government services and as a population, commit less crime than citizens. That is not to say I support open borders or amnesty, but it does mean that I want them to be treated with dignity and respect. After all, it was the US, with our demand for illicit drugs and our Congress acting on the behest of our multinationals that played a huge hand in destabilizing the countries these people are fleeing.

In what way are criminals treated better than cops? How many cops are in jail for police misconduct? How many cops are prejudiced against in terms of employment opportunities. Fact is, cops are some of the highest paid civil servants and contrary to popular belief, their jobs are NOT amongst the most dangerous.

90% of the wealth is owned by the 1%. This massive redistribution of wealth you are foaming at mouth isn’t occurring. If anything, it should happen. History has shown that nations get destabilized when there is such massive wealth inequality. Our most prosperous period as a nation has a much smaller wealth inequality.

No one is forcing you worship at any rainbow alter. In fact, you don’t even have to be friends with LGBTQ, just give them equal rights and don’t discriminate against them. You sound exactly like white people did during the civil rights era.

I could go on, but it’s nice day out and I am not going to waste it debating someone who clearly has no ability to go beyond easily disproven talking points.
Illegals can enter the country without being checked for Covid or required to be vaccinated. They are given free housing, free food, free transportation, free medical care, free schooling, etc. Meanwhile, all that is paid for by taxpaying citizens.

They can be treated with dignity and respect while being shipped home to wherever they came from but instead the Democrats are flying them and resettling them all over the country.

Look at George Floyd’s statues all around the country. Show me slained NYPD Officers Mora and Rivera’s statues. Cops who do wrong are prosecuted and go through the same legal procedures we all do. Whether they go to jail or not is the courts job. The difference now is that you have government DA’s in many liberal cities that explicitly say they won’t prosecute certain crimes. Look at the fallout from that. Brazen robberies and shoplifting and no one can do anything to stop it.

Criminals with rap sheets longer than a roll of toilet paper are out to rape, terrorize, murder and pillage. Look at the animal that smeared feces all over the woman, he was out the next day even after berating the judge.

The wealthy is a scapegoat for the Left to use in their rhetoric to get votes from the poor. The fact is that the current system we have works. Everyone, even the poor in this country have a better living standard than others in the world.

Even if we were to redistribute all that 90% of the wealth, the inflation and value of that wealth would quickly plummet. For example, if we gave every man, woman and child in this country 1 million dollars, do you think that 1 million dollars would be worth the same as before? If everyone has something, it is no longer worth anything. $1M would be the new $100.

All you’d do is just add more digits and commas to the price of everything. No wonder we are going through all this with Democrats in full control of the government. They have shown to be more dumb idealists than realists.

Old 03-20-2022, 05:10 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,291,308 times
Quote:

The redistribution of wealth in places like NYC is from the middle/upper middle to the "poor" (which politicians use to buy votes). When politicians say they want to redistribute wealth, do you really think they're talking about taking away from their donors and (more importantly) themselves? You must be a fool.

The 1% has the means to protect their money. I, on the other hand, do not even if I make a good living.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:14 PM

3,818 posts, read 3,550,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Black run city. What will be the excuse now if it didn't turn out well?
It is and always will be to blame Whitey

Old 03-20-2022, 06:38 PM

1,107 posts, read 559,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Illegals can enter the country without being checked for Covid or required to be vaccinated. They are given free housing, free food, free transportation, free medical care, free schooling, etc. Meanwhile, all that is paid for by taxpaying citizens.

They can be treated with dignity and respect while being shipped home to wherever they came from but instead the Democrats are flying them and resettling them all over the country.

Look at George Floyd’s statues all around the country. Show me slained NYPD Officers Mora and Rivera’s statues. Cops who do wrong are prosecuted and go through the same legal procedures we all do. Whether they go to jail or not is the courts job. The difference now is that you have government DA’s in many liberal cities that explicitly say they won’t prosecute certain crimes. Look at the fallout from that. Brazen robberies and shoplifting and no one can do anything to stop it.

Criminals with rap sheets longer than a roll of toilet paper are out to rape, terrorize, murder and pillage. Look at the animal that smeared feces all over the woman, he was out the next day even after berating the judge.

The wealthy is a scapegoat for the Left to use in their rhetoric to get votes from the poor. The fact is that the current system we have works. Everyone, even the poor in this country have a better living standard than others in the world.

Even if we were to redistribute all that 90% of the wealth, the inflation and value of that wealth would quickly plummet. For example, if we gave every man, woman and child in this country 1 million dollars, do you think that 1 million dollars would be worth the same as before? If everyone has something, it is no longer worth anything. $1M would be the new $100.

All you’d do is just add more digits and commas to the price of everything. No wonder we are going through all this with Democrats in full control of the government. They have shown to be more dumb idealists than realists.
Hear! Hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City