Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 07:33 PM

31,933 posts, read 27,038,172 times

Advertisements

This guy isn't draining the swamp, but actively pulling things out of it to run city government.

https://gothamist.com/news/adams-app...l-affairs-post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2022, 04:57 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,264,598 times
Black run city. What will be the excuse now if it didn't turn out well?

Old 03-20-2022, 06:48 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,236,035 times
^ What else but the usual excuse: systemic racism.

And the thoroughly brainwashed naive Leftists like Kefir King, Cida, etc. will believe it too.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:39 AM

1,036 posts, read 675,019 times
There is actually plenty of opposition to Cumbo's appointment in the Left circles. Apparently Cumbo wrote an article expressing her disagreement to give a right to vote in local elections to non-citizens. And yes, they are calling Cumbo a 'racist' for that. Cumbo's reasoning was she believed the Black community to be the most vulnerable, and Black vote would be 'diluted' by another 1-1.5 million new non-citizen potential voters. Really strange times to live in. Everyone is feeling oppressed.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:53 AM

912 posts, read 1,133,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
^ What else but the usual excuse: systemic racism.

And the thoroughly brainwashed naive Leftists like Kefir King, Cida, etc. will believe it too.
I certainly don’t agree with Kefir King on a wide variety of subjects, but it’s safe to say both of us are pretty Left Wing. So it is amusing to me that you consider a pro police mayor like Adams to be far left. I certainly didn’t vote for him. But unfortunately, working and middle class people of color did. That segment of the Democratic Party, contrary to your beliefs, is quite moderate. Especially when it comes to social policies.

They’re plenty of things to criticize Adams for but in order to have a proper discussion, you need base your arguments on facts. All you (and others on this forum) do by generalizing a big tent party like Democrats as far left is show your ignorance. And it speaks to the larger issue of how the American school system has failed you.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
I certainly don’t agree with Kefir King on a wide variety of subjects, but it’s safe to say both of us are pretty Left Wing. So it is amusing to me that you consider a pro police mayor like Adams to be far left. I certainly didn’t vote for him. But unfortunately, working and middle class people of color did. That segment of the Democratic Party, contrary to your beliefs, is quite moderate. Especially when it comes to social policies.

They’re plenty of things to criticize Adams for but in order to have a proper discussion, you need base your arguments on facts. All you (and others on this forum) do by generalizing a big tent party like Democrats as far left is show your ignorance. And it speaks to the larger issue of how the American school system has failed you.
Eh, Adams is a typical sly Democrat. He goes with whatever the wind blows. He will talk to whatever his audience is or whatever the topic is at that moment. If it’s a police officer shot, he will talk about being tough on criminals. If it’s at a gun control photo op like the one he just did in Chicago, he says the criminals needs help with intervention. Only naive Leftists fall for these type of rhetoric.

During the summer of BLM, he was as much of a critic of the police as anyone. Many of us actually was surprised by his stance considering he was himself a former cop. Now, he’s pro-police again but even now, he still supports all this prevention intervention BS we’ve all heard of before. Basically just more leniency for criminals.

As for the big tent thing, that can applied to just about everything. The GOP also has a big tent too. Independents also have a big tent. At some point, if you call yourself a Democrat and you vote for Democrats, then you are going to get lumped together with everyone that’s also Democrats. That’s why they call it a party.

Of course there’s always going to be some disagreements within a party. That’s just common sense. Only silly Leftists think common sense needs to be taught in the American school system.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:34 AM

And considering how the school system is now liberal indoctrination centers, I would say those of us they failed as you say, to indoctrinate (or in my case, was indoctrinated but broke free) is actually a good thing.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:35 AM

This is the great mayor Adams that gave his brother a $250K job because he fears for white supremacists and yet those of us doubters are the ones the school system failed.

Sounds like the Leftists that nod in agreement with all their phony Democrat leaders are the ones who aren’t using their brains.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:39 AM

And I am starting to think that trek he made up to Albany to talk about bail reform a few weeks ago was just for show.

To show the naive that “hey look, I went up there and did my part but the Legislature wouldn’t budge so don’t blame me if crime continues to spike and every captured felon after every high profile crime has long rap sheets.”

Old 03-20-2022, 10:44 AM

912 posts, read 1,133,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Eh, Adams is a typical sly Democrat. He goes with whatever the wind blows. He will talk to whatever his audience is or whatever the topic is at that moment. If it’s a police officer shot, he will talk about being tough on criminals. If it’s at a gun control photo op like the one he just did in Chicago, he says the criminals needs help with intervention. Only naive Leftists fall for these type of rhetoric.

During the summer of BLM, he was as much of a critic of the police as anyone. Many of us actually was surprised by his stance considering he was himself a former cop. Now, he’s pro-police again but even now, he still supports all this prevention intervention BS we’ve all heard of before. Basically just more leniency for criminals.

As for the big tent thing, that can applied to just about everything. The GOP also has a big tent too. Independents also have a big tent. At some point, if you call yourself a Democrat and you vote for Democrats, then you are going to get lumped together with everyone that’s also Democrats. That’s why they call it a party.

Of course there’s always going to be some disagreements within a party. That’s just common sense. Only silly Leftists think common sense needs to be taught in the American school system.
All politicians, left or right, are sly and tend to go “wherever the wind blows” on most issues. Left or right. I will use Donald trump as example. Trump was a big democratic donor. He donated to the Clintons several times. He only pivoted to being a hard right wing politician when he realized that certain talking points would motivate the Republican base. He also made several false promises (like all politicians, left or right) that he knew he could not keep. Mexico did not pay for the wall, jobs still left for overseas. He cut regulations on coal, et it’s still a dying industry due to market forces. I could keep on going. Every politician is sly, because that’s what gets them elected. The fact that you can only see it for the left demonstrates a lack of critical thinking, and that is why I say our educational system has failed you.

The GOP has an ever shrinking tent. It held together by two groups, Christian fundamentalist that oppose abortion And other social progressive issues and big business interest groups. The Democratic Party on the other hand, includes corporatist and big oil Joe Manchin, who’s much closer to moderate republicans than he is to senators like Elizabeth Warren. The fact that you can’t see the difference is a little sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City