Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 04:46 AM

30,657 posts, read 18,269,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Even regular non organic veggies are Not cheaper then fast food. Fast food will fill you up for hours. Eating veggie will fill you up for a short time and you need to keep eating them.
Considering that, as an example, the average cost of a value meal at a NYC area McDonalds is closing in on $10, while you can still get chicken for between $2-$3 a pound (or less) at many places and vegetables for less than that, I respectfully disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 09:08 AM

962 posts, read 940,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
This is an entirely hood thing. Even Adams is saying so.

And parents absolutely makes all the difference. Folks like you are the reason why we have a NYC with so much dysfunction.

You believe the poor are never at fault for their problems and the problems they cause for others and that everyone else has to take care of them leading to massive, never ending spending to fix their social problems that never fix anything and constantly need evermore money that only goes to waste, corruption and crazy burden for the working and businesses.
What hood thing? Why are you worried about how people feed their kids? It’s not your money or any of your business

Old 03-27-2022, 10:02 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,302,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
What hood thing? Why are you worried about how people feed their kids? It’s not your money or any of your business

These programs to "fix" an issue that is easily fixed by accountability cost. The cost comes from tax payers. Poor diet cost in the long run from high healthcare cost. That ''free healthcare" that the poor need to use more off when they insist on having a ****ty diet comes from tax payers.

It is absolutely our money. Imagine if many people took accountability for their poor life choices and government did not need to spend so much money to 'fix' their problems yearly. That is billions of dollars that could be spent to increase the overall quality of services for EVERYONE. Better roads, schools, hospitals etc.

We just threw Billions in a hole trying to 'fix' the homeless issue in NYC.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:03 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,308,035 times
Quote:
If they are using food stamps or whatever the call them these days, then it IS our business. I don't want my tax dollars paying for food stamps if people can feed themselves with their own money. If so, go right on ahead.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:04 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,308,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Considering that, as an example, the average cost of a value meal at a NYC area McDonalds is closing in on $10, while you can still get chicken for between $2-$3 a pound (or less) at many places and vegetables for less than that, I respectfully disagree.
Does McDonald's still have the $1 menu? They have definitely advertised that on TV before. If so then you can still get "food" (I put that in quotes because it is absolute garbage, but that's for another discussion) from there for cheap. I have no idea what stuff they call "food" costs at such places since I have not been in one in almost 20 years. Watching Supersize me was enough to skeeve me out. I avoid fast food chains like the plague.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Does McDonald's still have the $1 menu? They have definitely advertised that on TV before. If so then you can still get "food" (I put that in quotes because it is absolute garbage, but that's for another discussion) from there for cheap. I have no idea what stuff they call "food" costs at such places since I have not been in one in almost 20 years. Watching Supersize me was enough to skeeve me out. I avoid fast food chains like the plague.
I think it's called the "$1 $2 $3 Menu" now (I wish I was making that up ).

But what you're getting on that menu certainly won't fill the average person up, at least not for less than what you can spend buying groceries. And then there's the point about you often being able to get multiple meals out of a grocery store run.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:41 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,236,035 times
Quote:
The hood in hoodrats that you objected to the other poster had used, calling it racist. This is a problem only in the hoods where the hoodrats live.

I am not worried, I am pissed because it is my money and therefore my business. It is not your business to tell me it’s not my business.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:47 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,236,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
These programs to "fix" an issue that is easily fixed by accountability cost. The cost comes from tax payers. Poor diet cost in the long run from high healthcare cost. That ''free healthcare" that the poor need to use more off when they insist on having a ****ty diet comes from tax payers.

It is absolutely our money. Imagine if many people took accountability for their poor life choices and government did not need to spend so much money to 'fix' their problems yearly. That is billions of dollars that could be spent to increase the overall quality of services for EVERYONE. Better roads, schools, hospitals etc.

We just threw Billions in a hole trying to 'fix' the homeless issue in NYC.
You are right again. Look at liberal NYC spending billions decade after decade helping the hoodrats live, eat and multiply to create an endless supply of criminals and homeless that never goes away, never contributes back to the taxpayers, while the city’s subways, roads, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, hospitals rots away.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:57 AM

5,698 posts, read 2,623,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The argument is about buying fresh veggies. Not chicken.

And who pays $10 for a value meal at McDonald's, not people on a budget. They eat on the cheap menu for a few bucks.

Old 03-27-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
The argument is about buying fresh veggies. Not chicken.

And who pays $10 for a value meal at McDonald's, not people on a budget. They eat on the cheap menu for a few bucks.
But many fresh veggies aren't more expensive, pound by pound, than chicken. I added in chicken to show a more complete meal.

Also, the value menu at McDonald's really isn't that extensive. What options they offer for $1 or $2 won't fill you up. And, even $5 or $6 dollars later, you could easily get two or more meals out of that by going to the grocery store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: