Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 02:48 PM

30,746 posts, read 18,423,627 times

Advertisements

Is he going to lower rents so that more black people can afford to live there? Or is he going to rely on a mainly non-black clientele to fill his units?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2022, 02:52 PM

78 posts, read 27,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
No, it's explicitly racist.
They keep cramming it down their naive throats that “Black people can’t be racist!” all the way to the bank.

To the poor house if you are a white male.

Old 03-28-2022, 03:26 PM

562 posts, read 466,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
I think the black only or BIPOC only trend is a big mistake. I get why people support it, to make up for all the years when black and BIPOC missed out on opportunities that were given to white people. But by basically saying "keep out" to whites (and in this construction project case also to Latinos and Asians, etc), it's going in the wrong direction.

As they say, two wrongs don't make a right.
Do you think that Black Americans missing out on generational wealth, due to being barred from economic opportunities, since the nation's inception to the 1970s, played any role in the present day wealth gap between Blacks and Whites?

The proposed project's cost is 3.3 billion. Such a massive project would definitely involve lots of engineers, construction crews, project managers, etc, etc.

I think it will be a good thing for NYC.

Old 03-28-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Is he going to lower rents so that more black people can afford to live there? Or is he going to rely on a mainly non-black clientele to fill his units?
I read through the proposal and it appears that the majority of the condos will be market rate. There may be changes in the future to ensure that some units are set aside for middle income earners. In my opinion, it would be a good idea to specifically target young professionals.

Old 03-28-2022, 03:33 PM

1,089 posts, read 567,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
Do you think that Black Americans missing out on generational wealth, due to being barred from economic opportunities, since the nation's inception to the 1970s, played any role in the present day wealth gap between Blacks and Whites?
Yes, overall, of course. Generally speaking. But this is not general. This is specific - you're black, you have a chance, you're white, stay out.

If they wanted to make it about economic/financial, then make it race-blind and ask for applicants to apply showing their financials. If you're poor and can't show generational wealth (which many black AND white people can't), then you will be considered. If you're wealthy, you won't. Plenty of grant opportunities work like that.

No need for racial discrimination if the point is economic opportunity for those without generational wealth.

Old 03-28-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
What is the rent like?
The proposal mentions that there will be hotels in the building, restaurants and other commercial space. I imagine, the commercial rents will be similar to other commercial rents in the area.

There won't be apartments for rent, only condos and most of the condos will unfortunately be market rate.

Old 03-28-2022, 03:52 PM

The black men want white women to use for racist relationships.

Their goal is to hate and destroy white men.

Old 03-28-2022, 04:03 PM

I got an infraction from Seven Floored for “racist comments”. Nice how you like this racist building but nobody can call you out on it.

Old 03-28-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent1234 View Post
I got an infraction from Seven Floored for “racist comments”. Nice how you like this racist building but nobody can call you out on it.
There is nothing "racist" about my stance.

I'm in agreement with creating viable ways to close the racial wealth gap. As I've already pointed out, Peebles, as the primary developer, will make a killing, but the large scale project will also help small, mid-size and large Black owned engineering and construction firms.

Old 03-28-2022, 05:25 PM

Well I am not really allowed to say much more. They let some of my hardest posts ride so leave it at that. Good luck with your radically segregated tallest construction in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City