Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 09:05 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times

Advertisements

A 12-year-old boy was fatally shot in the head while he was sitting in a parked minivan with his mother and another woman in Brooklyn on Thursday night, police sources said.

The second woman, 20, was also shot when gunfire erupted on East 56 Street and Linden Boulevard in East Flatbush just after 7:45 p.m., sources said.

The boy was struck in the chest and head and transported to Kings County Hospital where he was pronounced dead, sources said.

“I saw the victim in the car, he wasn’t moving,” a witness, who identified herself only as Kinmiko, told The Post.

The unidentified woman was struck in the right cheek and the upper left leg. She was transported to Kings County hospital and is expected to survive, sources said.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the shooters were targeting the victims.

Two cars, including a black Infiniti sedan, fled the scene after the shooting. One source said investigators are eyeing the possibility that occupants of both vehicles were firing at each other.

The suspects nearly caused a car accident as they fled, one witness said.

“I heard eight shots and I would say within 20 seconds of the shots, I saw a car on the corner facing East New York Avenue … and they almost got into an accident with oncoming traffic,” one witness at the scene told The Post.

The witness said those who fled appeared to be young.

At least 11 rounds were fired, sources said, and ballistic evidence was recovered from the scene.

Rhonda White, 59, who lives two blocks from where the shooting happened, said she “had a bad feeling that something real had gone down” after she heard gunshots.

“Now I’m hearing that a child has been killed. I have lived in Brooklyn all my life and I thought we were past this sort of thing. But it’s déjà vu. There’s constant fear. The evil has come back to the city,” said White.

A 45-year-old woman, who would only give her name as Renee, said she was devastated by the boy’s death.

“Every time you hear shots in this neighborhood you hope and pray that this won’t be the one. Well, this time it was the one. I’m in mourning over that poor child. This is what hurts the most, when it’s just a baby who never did anyone any harm. How much more bloodshed before it stops?“

https://nypost.com/2022/03/31/12-yea...n-in-brooklyn/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 04:29 AM
PVW

287 posts, read 165,113 times
https://brooklyn.news12.com/12-year-...oklyn-shooting

They weren't the targets:

After a family was caught in the crossfires of a Brooklyn shooting while sitting inside their car, a child has been pronounced dead, and a woman has been sent to the hospital.

According to police, two black Sedans were driving down the block shooting at each other when those bullets flew into the family's car.

Police responded to the scene around 7:45 p.m. Thursday. The 12-year-old boy who was sitting in the passenger's seat was pronounced dead at scene. A 20-year-old woman was sitting in the driver's seat and was shot multiple times, but she is expected to survive her injuries. The 8-year-old child sitting in the backseat was not harmed.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:22 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
I maintain that it is child abuse to willingly raise your family in such hellholes. This is a disgrace.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:29 AM

12,790 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I maintain that it is child abuse to willingly raise your family in such hellholes. This is a disgrace.
I heard about this in the news. Two kids just sitting in the car eating with another relative when two cars roll up, open fire and the twelve year old kid sitting in the front is shot twice, once in the head. The older relative was also shot, taken to the hospital and will survive after surgery. The eight year old wasn't hit. I've definitely sat in a car with relatives when I was a kid and ate in the car. Just sad and scary, as this was not late at night. It was maybe around 7:45pm.

Old 04-01-2022, 06:35 AM

5,827 posts, read 2,948,440 times
Very sad and unfortunate.

The good news is with all the heat NYPD has been getting, they Still do an amazing job at tracking these morons down and making them squeal louder than an ikea bed during afternoon delight.

Old 04-01-2022, 07:35 AM

1,568 posts, read 907,833 times
From the article:

“Evil has come back to NYC.”

And no doubt this lady voted for it all.

Old 04-01-2022, 08:26 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,712,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
From the article:

“Evil has come back to NYC.”

And no doubt this lady voted for it all.
She sure did, but she doesn't realize it yet, since it is not something anyone would tell you in NYC, you'd have to deduce it yourself.

With that said, I hope they catch these thugs.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:54 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,152,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
A 12-year-old boy was fatally shot in the head while he was sitting in a parked minivan with his mother and another woman in Brooklyn on Thursday night, police sources said.

The second woman, 20, was also shot when gunfire erupted on East 56 Street and Linden Boulevard in East Flatbush just after 7:45 p.m., sources said.

The boy was struck in the chest and head and transported to Kings County Hospital where he was pronounced dead, sources said.

“I saw the victim in the car, he wasn’t moving,” a witness, who identified herself only as Kinmiko, told The Post.

The unidentified woman was struck in the right cheek and the upper left leg. She was transported to Kings County hospital and is expected to survive, sources said.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the shooters were targeting the victims.

Two cars, including a black Infiniti sedan, fled the scene after the shooting. One source said investigators are eyeing the possibility that occupants of both vehicles were firing at each other.

The suspects nearly caused a car accident as they fled, one witness said.

“I heard eight shots and I would say within 20 seconds of the shots, I saw a car on the corner facing East New York Avenue … and they almost got into an accident with oncoming traffic,” one witness at the scene told The Post.

The witness said those who fled appeared to be young.

At least 11 rounds were fired, sources said, and ballistic evidence was recovered from the scene.

Rhonda White, 59, who lives two blocks from where the shooting happened, said she “had a bad feeling that something real had gone down” after she heard gunshots.

“Now I’m hearing that a child has been killed. I have lived in Brooklyn all my life and I thought we were past this sort of thing. But it’s déjà vu. There’s constant fear. The evil has come back to the city,” said White.

A 45-year-old woman, who would only give her name as Renee, said she was devastated by the boy’s death.

“Every time you hear shots in this neighborhood you hope and pray that this won’t be the one. Well, this time it was the one. I’m in mourning over that poor child. This is what hurts the most, when it’s just a baby who never did anyone any harm. How much more bloodshed before it stops?“

https://nypost.com/2022/03/31/12-yea...n-in-brooklyn/

I went to a catholic HS a few blocks from Linden & East 56th in the 1970s. Amazing how when East Flatbush was a Jewish and Italian area there were no shootings. Sad that Renee describes shootings as a common occurrence.

Old 04-01-2022, 03:27 PM

5,827 posts, read 2,948,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
I went to a catholic HS a few blocks from Linden & East 56th in the 1970s. Amazing how when East Flatbush was a Jewish and Italian area there were no shootings. Sad that Renee describes shootings as a common occurrence.
Historically it’s what always happens.

Old 04-02-2022, 08:39 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times

so sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City