Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 09:50 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,276,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Hmm, so you're pretty much convinced that NY politicians are corrupt, and this is what you believe, yet you continue to live here and take the abuse.

Why not move? Is continuing to live here and complaining about the situation making it any better for you? Look at our other mod, he moved and life can't be better for him. Take example and change your situation instead of complaining about it.
Why do certain posts bother you and you reply in every thread and tell people to "stop complaining"?

Why don't you just leave the forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 01:01 PM

3,166 posts, read 2,771,698 times
Imagine thinking that earning, what, $200-$250K between two people makes you some kind of NYC big shot. It's like a fox thinking they're king of the jungle and trying to lord it over the local rabbits. Until the eagle eats him.

Since it seems to bother you so much, I'll tell you that there have been years when all by my lonesome I have earned about half again as much as your entire household, and paid commensurate taxes. But I'm not so staggeringly naive as to think it ever made me deserving of special consideration in this city, nor am I the kind of ignorant, damaged person who measures a person's contribution in life or to society simply by how much they earn, or pay in taxes. You're exactly the kind of person who will put on the dictator's petty-thug uniform if the time ever comes because you desperately need something to make yourself feel better than other people, and down deep you know you haven't got anything to offer that actually matters.

Old 06-13-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Imagine thinking that earning, what, $200-$250K between two people makes you some kind of NYC big shot. It's like a fox thinking they're king of the jungle and trying to lord it over the local rabbits. Until the eagle eats him.

Since it seems to bother you so much, I'll tell you that there have been years when all by my lonesome I have earned about half again as much as your entire household, and paid commensurate taxes. But I'm not so staggeringly naive as to think it ever made me deserving of special consideration in this city, nor am I the kind of ignorant, damaged person who measures a person's contribution in life or to society simply by how much they earn, or pay in taxes. You're exactly the kind of person who will put on the dictator's petty-thug uniform if the time ever comes because you desperately need something to make yourself feel better than other people, and down deep you know you haven't got anything to offer that actually matters.
If you're really interested, try doubling your number . Not saying it to show off because plenty of people in NYC Make equal or way, way more. I just don't think it's a taboo topic like many do. I worked college jobs making $7.50/hr and grew up in an immigrant household where we literally never took a vacation or went out/ordered in to eat/went to the movies/etc.. So I guess I don't have much sympathy for the long term, able bodied freeloaders in this city.

You might be OK with politicians raping you to satisfy their own ambitions and a growing segment of the population freeloading off of your work without contributing anything in return. More power to you.

Maybe put your money where your mouth is. I'd suggest that you make additional donations to the city's budget? I guarantee you that there's always someone willing to take any extra funds that you have. In fact, if you're so generous, I'll do you one better. For every $5 you donate, I'll donate $1 to the city's budget.

You'll be doing the Lord's work flushing more money down the toilet that is NYCs budget

Oh wait, I surmise you have another agenda though. It's always the same story. The most ardent defenders of the welfare state are those that personally benefit from it. Nothing wrong with it. Just be honest about it.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...l#post63603674

Last edited by Esacni; 06-13-2022 at 06:30 PM..

Old 06-13-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
What makes you think it bothers me? I just merely offered a suggestion. If complaining on here somehow solves your problem, then I'm actually happy that C-D is here to help you, letting others know how you feel can be theraputic
Of course it bothers you. You don't reply in every single thread but you seem to reply in every single thread on certain topics? Why the discrepancy then?

Old 06-13-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I'm not the one with the problem - maybe spend some more time on the San Diego forum and complain over there too, spread it out equally. Since you want to discuss about who's posting what. You're the one looking for help. I'm not the one obsessing over problems that are well within your control to change.

You're the one who despite making what you make, still feel inadequate and therefore feel the need to make all these aggresive posts. Very unhealthy and unbecoming behavior, you're not in a good mental space. C-D is not to be used as your personal emotional dumpster. What's stopping you from improving your own QOL? You are. Best of luck nonetheless.
First the posts are "complaining" and now they "aggressive"? Ehats an "aggressive" post? That doesn't even make sense.

You literally reply in every single thread on certain topics when someone posts something you don't like. It's always with regard to crime and welfare. Who's the obsessive one?

This is a discussion forum. People come to post and discuss. You literally try to get people to refrain from posting and discussing. Even worse, you're a MOD.

It's like working at a car dealership and telling people not to buy cars. It's very odd. You ever get a woman into bed and then tell them , "nah, I don't engage in sexual activities"? I mean it's lol.

I don't comment in 90% of the threads. Why? The topics don't interest me or I can't add value. It's simple. You engaging in certain threads, means you're interested in the topic.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:14 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,350,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
First the posts are "complaining" and now they "aggressive"? Ehats an "aggressive" post? That doesn't even make sense.

You literally reply in every single thread on certain topics when someone posts something you don't like. It's always with regard to crime and welfare. Who's the obsessive one?

This is a discussion forum. People come to post and discuss. You literally try to get people to refrain from posting and discussing. Even worse, you're a MOD.

It's like working at a car dealership and telling people not to buy cars. It's very odd. You ever get a woman into bed and then tell them , "nah, I don't engage in sexual activities"? I mean it's lol.

I don't comment in 90% of the threads. Why? The topics don't interest me or I can't add value. It's simple. You engaging in certain threads, means you're interested in the topic.
There's definitely NO denying that certain threads hold your interest more than others.

Old 06-21-2022, 07:32 PM

32,014 posts, read 27,191,473 times
Overall in end wasn't bad as most feared.

3.25% for one year, and 5% for two year renewals.

https://www.amny.com/business/rent-g...ses-june-2022/

Landlords aren't happy, so look for more units being warehoused if they become vacant. This and less money will be spent on properties.

Old 06-21-2022, 08:56 PM

5,759 posts, read 2,662,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

Landlords aren't happy, so look for more units being warehoused if they become vacant. This and less money will be spent on properties.
Speak for yourself.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:49 AM

43,829 posts, read 44,597,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

The largest increase in 10 years when many people's income has gone down (due to job loss) is bad for a large number of tenants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Speak for yourself.
Exactly!

Old 06-22-2022, 05:49 AM

494 posts, read 560,513 times
Lets just hope they don't do the same increase next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City