Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:41 PM

317 posts, read 1,141,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Sure sounds like a racist comment to me. You trash others for their comments, but yours are one step from being over the top.

It doesn't sound racist to me. It is very possible to be overqualified for a job, and business owners/managers are keenly aware of this. Why would you hire someone with a college degree for a low-paying job, when you know they are likely to be off to greener pastures soon? Someone who will have trouble finding a better gig is much more likely to stay there longer, and is the better bet from a hiring standpoint.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:50 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,982,747 times
Yeah that comment was clearly fair, reasonable, and well within the bounds of the thread as well. I suspect he has some alterior motives...but let's just stick to the thread in any case.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:00 PM

939 posts, read 1,838,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Yeah that comment was clearly fair, reasonable, and well within the bounds of the thread as well. I suspect he has some alterior motives...but let's just stick to the thread in any case.
It's "ulterior" (try spell check) and, yes, you're right. Someone needs to take you to task for your outrageous comments. You hide behind the bounds of the thread in lots of your posts, but you push the limits. I find your previous comments racist and offensive.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:05 PM

842 posts, read 4,300,476 times
Lets keep the thread on topic, the forum supervisor is handing out warnings

Old 05-22-2008, 01:09 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,982,747 times
I find many of your comments equally outrageous and offensive..yet you continue to post. If you have a personal problem with me contact an adminstrator...but do not hijack anymore threads with nonsense, personal attacks, or vendettas. Back to topic now!

I find, especially around the universities like NYU, is where you will find the bulk of college students (of all colors) dominating alot of the service industry...including restauratnts, retail, etc. Try looking there....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City