Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 04:41 PM

621 posts, read 240,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
He's not part of the Conservative Party. When a Republican is not also part of the Conservative Party, that raises a red flag, in my book.

Gotcha! Thanks for the insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 05:01 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
He is not. Lee Zeldin is the only Republican running that is conservative. The problem is, if someone is Republican but not also Conservative, it makes me very suspicious that they may be fake Republicans who may have a more liberal point of view on things. Because generally, Republicans have conservative point of views. So why would some Republicans not also be conservative? Donald Trump certainly was!
You can't be serious. lol Have you actually heard about some of Andrew's viewpoints? For starters, he is pro-life and shares a number of other views that are definitely conservative. Quite frankly, as a Republican, I'm not sure who I would vote for (that is which Republican). Personally, I know much more about Rob Astorino, as he has more of a track record.

The one plus with Giuliani is that he is only 36. We need some younger blood to get more people out there voting for Republicans.

Personally, I prefer fiscally conservative Republicans and ones who are protectionists. That was a big reason I went for Trump because I believe in Made in USA and protecting American jobs and manufacturing, so his tough stance on China went over very well with me and a number of other security measures he took.

Now bringing this back to Zeldin, Astorino and Giuliani, I would be open to vote for any of them, as I expect that they would work on things like bail reform and restoring law and order and addressing a lot of the handouts we're seeing now with Hochul.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:54 PM

870 posts, read 413,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Suozzi is a closeted Republican.
Suozzi is an old school Democrat, but let's not forget that in 2022, everything right of the far left is right or far right

Old 06-28-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
Suozzi is an old school Democrat, but let's not forget that in 2022, everything right of the far left is right or far right
Exactly. He's a moderate with common sense.

Old 06-29-2022, 04:18 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
.........bust.

He's as crazy as his father.

Call him what you will but you can not deny he turned the toilet
that N.Y.C. was into a tourists paradise under his reign and for
that makes him the greatest Mayor N.Y.C. ever had and I'm
proud to have shared in the experience.

Old 06-29-2022, 04:28 AM

Although no Conservative is running on the ballot I was still able to vote.
It was a process but as a Conservative I was walked thru at the steps at
the polling office in filling out the affidavit and cast my vote for
young Republican Andrew Giuliani.

In addition to young and bright ideas he has his father in his corner
and every one knows that a great boxer is only as good as his corner man.

If elected:
Andrew will start swinging away at crime and deliver the one punch knockout.

The problem , go figure : People chose Adams over Tough on crime Sliwa...........

Wake up folks..............it's not to late to save the city.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Lol, your posts make less and less sense every time. He has no qualifications past his last name, and even that is in the gutter after his father went to the loony bin during the Trump years.

Note:
Ridicule is the only weapon left when dialogue is unchallenged.
Keep up the good work.

Old 06-30-2022, 04:00 AM

1,213 posts, read 567,205 times
Unfortunately it’s all moot.
Governor Daffy Duck will cruise through to an official term.
NY always votes dumb.
She will win. Zeldin may do better than previous Republican candidates but he will still lose.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Unfortunately it’s all moot.
Governor Daffy Duck will cruise through to an official term.
NY always votes dumb.
She will win. Zeldin may do better than previous Republican candidates but he will still lose.
Hahahaha! Daffy Duck... Good one.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:50 PM

870 posts, read 413,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Exactly. He's a moderate with common sense.
I miss the days when Democrats didn’t mention «*diversity equity and inclusion*» in every sentence, talked about «*women*» and not «*birthing people*», and didn’t bring the race factor in every argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: