Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 09:36 AM

562 posts, read 459,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Im confused and going to take a step back until news articles get the story right.

One article says shes taking the 3 month old to meet the father who was the suspect and give no mention of the 1-year-old. Another article says the 3-month-old wasn't his and they have a 1-year-old together.

And hes 22.....threw his life away SMH.
The male who murdered the young woman is 100% at fault, because he ultimately pulled the trigger. Hopefully, the murderer will spend the bulk of his life in prison, where he belongs.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloStacked View Post
20 years old with 2 baby daddies and 2 domestic violence situations...
People are merely products of their environment. We tend to mirror and replicate what we see around us. If one is reared around dysfunction and poverty, more often than not, they will make choices which ultimately lead to a life of poverty and dysfunction.

As a society, we understand the role of "primary socialization" and its impact on choices and decisions that people make. Very few people who are reared in dysfunction and poverty escape it, because to do so, one must accept and acknowledge that their environment is dysfunctional and make choices that go against "the grain" (and reject how they were socialized by family, friends, and the larger neighborhood).

In the young victim's case, her Caucasian mom was impoverished and had children with men, who could not offer much of anything. Her daughter went on to make similar choices, which is not a shock or surprise.

Old 07-02-2022, 01:30 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,282,830 times
I remember when I was young and broke. I went long stretches being celibate. Because I refuse!!! How do your nipples even tingle and you get a warm fuzzy feeling from some of these people that I see people date? A bunch of dusties all around.

And what is so wrong with birth control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Old 07-03-2022, 08:59 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,225,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I remember when I was young and broke. I went long stretches being celibate. Because I refuse!!! How do your nipples even tingle and you get a warm fuzzy feeling from some of these people that I see people date? A bunch of dusties all around.

We all know why very young, unmarried women in this city have multiple children. It's not because they can't get birth control or even abortions. They want the kids.

Old 07-04-2022, 04:35 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,828,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
How do your nipples even tingle and you get a warm fuzzy feeling from some of these people that I see people date? A bunch of dusties all around.

1) Are you a Man? Because if so, your nipples definitely should not be doing that

2) Dusty people date Dusty people (as it should be)

3) Condoms don't feel good and taking a pill everyday is a hassle for dumb people

Old 07-04-2022, 04:48 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,828,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
People are merely products of their environment. We tend to mirror and replicate what we see around us. If one is reared around dysfunction and poverty, more often than not, they will make choices which ultimately lead to a life of poverty and dysfunction.
That is no excuse for NYC Ghetto Women because you are a $2.75 subway ride from the wealthiest area of the country. How is that for proximity.

As just another Black kid from Queens I aspired for more. As a 12 year old I remember thinking at the end of the 7 and E lines is big money and I need to figure out how to tap into that. My parents are city workers so nobody in my family had that experience. I'm the first to get a Bachelors degree and work in F500s.

It boggles my mind how any individual born in the 5 boroughs can claim they are a product of their environment as an excuse. Manhattan is also your environment. And now there's wealth going in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens look at the high rises and foreign money coming in.

And specifically for a young woman there are options to date UP. She chose a block corner thug and now the child has no parents. A story old as time. When will Black and Latina Women in the Bronx specifically simply do better? I'm tired of the excuses. I'm a Black Man that isn't a baby daddy and I'm being blamed for their poor mate selection. Productive Black Men are not going to swoop in and solve your poor life decisions or be held accountable for something we had nothing to do with.

Old 07-04-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
That is no excuse for NYC Ghetto Women because you are a $2.75 subway ride from the wealthiest area of the country. How is that for proximity.

As just another Black kid from Queens I aspired for more. As a 12 year old I remember thinking at the end of the 7 and E lines is big money and I need to figure out how to tap into that. My parents are city workers so nobody in my family had that experience. I'm the first to get a Bachelors degree and work in F500s.

It boggles my mind how any individual born in the 5 boroughs can claim they are a product of their environment as an excuse. Manhattan is also your environment. And now there's wealth going in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens look at the high rises and foreign money coming in.

And specifically for a young woman there are options to date UP. She chose a block corner thug and now the child has no parents. A story old as time. When will Black and Latina Women in the Bronx specifically simply do better? I'm tired of the excuses. I'm a Black Man that isn't a baby daddy and I'm being blamed for their poor mate selection. Productive Black Men are not going to swoop in and solve your poor life decisions or be held accountable for something we had nothing to do with.
It has everything to do with primary socialization and education. Kerry Washington grew up in the South Bronx; however, both of her parents were teachers and heavily valued education. At the age of 12, she was admitted into Spence on a full scholarship. Spence is one of the most elite, all girl's private schools in NYC. She attended school with Gwyneth Paltrow and other rich privileged girls and learned first hand, how wealthy people think. In the interview, she credits Spence with changing her world view and allowing her to understand all of the possibilities. Given her primary socialization, her life trajectory is not shocking or surprising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TmJjjx1B0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDn0K9UzCpc

My advice to young girls who grow up in poverty stricken areas is to simply avoid dating the boys in their community and get out of that environment, by going away to college. Apply for scholarships and student loan(s) and take advantage of all didactic experiences and opportunities (such as studying abroad). Life is all about learning and growing.

Last edited by Cara_319; 07-04-2022 at 08:52 AM..

Old 07-04-2022, 02:09 PM

1,486 posts, read 973,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
It has everything to do with primary socialization and education. Kerry Washington grew up in the South Bronx; however, both of her parents were teachers and heavily valued education. At the age of 12, she was admitted into Spence on a full scholarship. Spence is one of the most elite, all girl's private schools in NYC. She attended school with Gwyneth Paltrow and other rich privileged girls and learned first hand, how wealthy people think. In the interview, she credits Spence with changing her world view and allowing her to understand all of the possibilities. Given her primary socialization, her life trajectory is not shocking or surprising.

My advice to young girls who grow up in poverty stricken areas is to simply avoid dating the boys in their community and get out of that environment, by going away to college. Apply for scholarships and student loan(s) and take advantage of all didactic experiences and opportunities (such as studying abroad). Life is all about learning and growing.
IMO its not about being a product of environment (geo location), its more product of environment (mindset).

Ive seen many smart women leave and go to college get their degrees and high paying jobs only to go back to that same community and pick up the thug because even though they have the education and money, the guy who also have the education and money is "boring or predictable" he doesn't excite her. Or now shes playing the high school game where shes still wants to experience the bad boy she missed out on because he was never attracted to her in her years going to school.

What the community needs to do is to not overlook the root cause of these situations. Everyone know what the problem is here but no one wants to be the person that points it out in fear of being attacked by the court of public opinion or those who believe the louder they yell the more right it makes their argument. Sure now everyone is sending prays and tears and can blame the man endlessly, but no one is asking "Why was that man in her social circle to begin with? Who allowed him in there? Who vetted him?" If what her mother says is true that her daughter graduated with merits and she was on her way to be a Pediatric Nurse why was someone like him in her social circle long enough to become sexually active with.

Most women have shown the world their true nature of the selection process thanks to social media. They are telling on themselves of how poorly many of them are at picking male partners. A perfect example of this was that viral video of a young woman rejecting a Nuclear Physicist. And the lesson taken from that video was "First they want a Future or NBA young Boy, or Lil Wyane, then a Russell Wilson, or Michael B Jordan, or Will Smith to do the clean up." What this leads to is good young men are starting to understand the old saying "nice guys finish last" and if they want to be first they have to emulate that bad boy lifestyle to attract most young women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_WLNyO6-4c

Old 07-04-2022, 02:20 PM

1,486 posts, read 973,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
1) Are you a Man? Because if so, your nipples definitely should not be doing that

2) Dusty people date Dusty people (as it should be)

3) Condoms don't feel good and taking a pill everyday is a hassle for dumb people
+1 to the saying "Where have all the good men gone?"

Water seeks it own level.

Old 07-04-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
IMO its not about being a product of environment (geo location), its more product of environment (mindset).

Ive seen many smart women leave and go to college get their degrees and high paying jobs only to go back to that same community and pick up the thug because even though they have the education and money, the guy who also have the education and money is "boring or predictable" he doesn't excite her. Or now shes playing the high school game where shes still wants to experience the bad boy she missed out on because he was never attracted to her in her years going to school.

What the community needs to do is to not overlook the root cause of these situations. Everyone know what the problem is here but no one wants to be the person that points it out in fear of being attacked by the court of public opinion or those who believe the louder they yell the more right it makes their argument. Sure now everyone is sending prays and tears and can blame the man endlessly, but no one is asking "Why was that man in her social circle to begin with? Who allowed him in there? Who vetted him?" If what her mother says is true that her daughter graduated with merits and she was on her way to be a Pediatric Nurse why was someone like him in her social circle long enough to become sexually active with.

Most women have shown the world their true nature of the selection process thanks to social media. They are telling on themselves of how poorly many of them are at picking male partners. A perfect example of this was that viral video of a young woman rejecting a Nuclear Physicist. And the lesson taken from that video was "First they want a Future or NBA young Boy, or Lil Wyane, then a Russell Wilson, or Michael B Jordan, or Will Smith to do the clean up." What this leads to is good young men are starting to understand the old saying "nice guys finish last" and if they want to be first they have to emulate that bad boy lifestyle to attract most young women.
I think the creator of the following video did an excellent job rebutting all of the common "talking points" exhibited in your post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOmlwrl_c_M&t=765s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City