Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 03:27 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Of course!

Why wouldn't we?

Got to get down to ZERO cases before we stop masking and vaxxing!
lol, we don't even have zero measles cases. And we'll be lucky if we can get Covid down to the level of measles. And that just seems unlikely with the way Covid mutates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 04:09 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,608,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There are areas in the US still doing this? Wow. Even LA and San Fran have finally quit this idea.
Like I’ve said before, NYC is by far the most Covid-obsessed place in the United States right now, if not the entire Western world. Even Canada and Europe have dropped their mask mandates on public transit, but so many here still insist on wearing two N95 masks or that ridiculous looking duck bill mask, every time they step outside their apartments.

Old 07-11-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
Like I’ve said before, NYC is by far the most Covid-obsessed place in the United States right now, if not the entire Western world. Even Canada and Europe have dropped their mask mandates on public transit, but so many here still insist on wearing two N95 masks or that ridiculous looking duck bill mask, every time they step outside their apartments.

Part of it is due to the fact that those who do choose to wear a mask get mad at other people for not wearing one. You see it many times where people go around wearing a mask but then when they see others with a mask, they put one on too. And also, that's why some wear a mask, but on their chin. Those kind of people really don't want to wear one but wear one incorrectly to avoid any trouble by some people. I don't think it's as bad as 2020, but there are still a few of those people lingering around.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:52 PM

621 posts, read 240,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tions-who-says

NYC is one of the densest places on the planet. An outbreak here, like back in 2020, would be catastrophic. So health officials and policymakers should be obsessed. Why do people have drop dead before everyone else takes a pandemic seriously.

I think people tend to forget about the 1M+ people that died because of COVID and the millions more who are dealing with long-haul COVID. I know a few people who's taste, smell, and energy level still has not returned to normal. The duck masks...LOL!

Old 07-11-2022, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
NYC is one of the densest places on the planet. An outbreak here, like back in 2020, would be catastrophic. So health officials and policymakers should be obsessed. Why do people have drop dead before everyone else takes a pandemic seriously.

I agree. Everywhere you go, places are always packed, especially in Manhattan! It's amazing that I haven't caught this thing yet. But if this BA5 variant is as bad as they say it is, then I feel like this streak of mine is about to be broken.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:37 PM

2,624 posts, read 1,219,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I agree. Everywhere you go, places are always packed, especially in Manhattan! It's amazing that I haven't caught this thing yet. But if this BA5 variant is as bad as they say it is, then I feel like this streak of mine is about to be broken.
Forget BA5, it's the BA2.75 variant that you should be SCARED of!

Old 07-11-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Forget BA5, it's the BA2.75 variant that you should be SCARED of!

lol, it is pretty amazing that I managed to avoid this thing so far. Got the flu early 2020 and the common cold last month, but no Corona so far!

Old 07-11-2022, 08:33 PM

621 posts, read 240,892 times
Quote:
lol, it is pretty amazing that I managed to avoid this thing so far. Got the flu early 2020 and the common cold last month, but no Corona so far!

Same here. Haven't caught it either. I reckon it's a combination of being vaxed, keeping my mask on in public spaces, and dumb luck. That's surprising you caught the flu - the masks have dramatically dropped the incidence of the flu. Keep staying lucky. You made it this far

Old 07-11-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Same here. Haven't caught it either. I reckon it's a combination of being vaxed, keeping my mask on in public spaces, and dumb luck. That's surprising you caught the flu - the masks have dramatically dropped the incidence of the flu. Keep staying lucky. You made it this far
I got the flu in February 2020 just right before the pandemic hit us.

And many have said that masks do nothing. So I'll chalk it up to dumb luck!

Last edited by TheWiseShopper; 07-11-2022 at 09:28 PM..

Old 07-12-2022, 07:06 PM

59 posts, read 29,570 times
Quote:
From what I understand, I believe face masks are still required in NYC subways... at least, I think it is. But at least half of the riders aren't wearing masks anymore. Am I missing something? Are masks now optional on NYC subways??
Mandated but not enforced. Haven’t worn 1 on the trains for well over 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: