Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 08:07 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,763,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
You city folks will be instantly vaporized in the nuclear blast. I consider that lucky. I will be in the suburbs glowing in the dark and dying a painful death from radiation.
Yep. That's what I'm thinking (and I'm sticking to it!), that if there's a direct hit (and my apt is close enough to the times sq. area) we'll just disintegrate. It's the people in the mid-west or somewhere further out that will suffer from the fall out (radiation, etc). If NYC gets a direct hit, there's no way anyone will survive all that.

And no. I'm not a scientist so this surmise could be all wrong but...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 09:19 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
My thoughts exactly!

well, if the "big one" gets dropped, I want to be one of the first people to die, because no way, am I going to a shelter with the crazy people we have living here in NYC and helping to re build Miss Earth after she has been destroyed, nope, not for me, I'd rather perish on the first drop.

I'm too old to be planting seeds to grow for food to survive when everything is covered in ash, I don't wanna be a part of it, I'd rather die.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:59 AM

6,682 posts, read 6,026,463 times
The signs were posted in New Jersey as well!

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index...ar-emergencies

Old 07-15-2022, 08:19 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,396,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
well, if the "big one" gets dropped, I want to be one of the first people to die, because no way, am I going to a shelter with the crazy people we have living here in NYC and helping to re build Miss Earth after she has been destroyed, nope, not for me, I'd rather perish on the first drop.

I'm too old to be planting seeds to grow for food to survive when everything is covered in ash, I don't wanna be a part of it, I'd rather die.
Yup I'd rather just die at that point! Maybe in the after life I can end up on a better planet HAHA

Old 07-15-2022, 08:23 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,396,164 times
I also heard through a friend who works in this kind of stuff that there is a serious threat and that's why all these things are popping up.

Old 07-15-2022, 12:41 PM

4,940 posts, read 3,047,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I also heard through a friend who works in this kind of stuff that there is a serious threat and that's why all these things are popping up.
There is a real threat, only that ad was so off-base; I can only imagine they are trying to condition people.
On one hand, seeking shelter from radiation is good protocol, but doing so in buildings that are structurally unsafe after a nuclear attack is not.
I should post a better video, as one must be in a basement; wet towels over windows.
And all drinking water is immediately contaminated with radiation, so without the proper water filter($150)for such things as U-238 or plutonium, everyone will die anyways.
It took 5 days for the government to get bottled water to the Superdome after hurricane Katrina, they will be too overwhelmed to help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYuaSHuwnd4

Old 07-16-2022, 02:37 PM

978 posts, read 673,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yep. That's what I'm thinking (and I'm sticking to it!), that if there's a direct hit (and my apt is close enough to the times sq. area) we'll just disintegrate. It's the people in the mid-west or somewhere further out that will suffer from the fall out (radiation, etc). If NYC gets a direct hit, there's no way anyone will survive all that.

And no. I'm not a scientist so this surmise could be all wrong but...
Negative Ghost Rider. The midwest will be fine due to the prevailing N-NW winds on the eastern seaboard. Manhattan gets hit, everyone around the 100 mile radius will be affected.

Old 07-16-2022, 02:59 PM

291 posts, read 201,925 times
Moving back to Chicago instead of NYC all of a sudden sounds much more appealing as long as I can avoid the astronauts and their crime.

Putin has no reason to nuke Chicago. Heck, maybe if I stay in Dallas, not much reason to nuke it.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:42 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
Quote:
Putin has no reason to nuke Chicago. Heck, maybe if I stay in Dallas, not much reason to nuke it.
There is EVERY reason to nuke Dallas.

I agree, this proxy war in Ukraine is MADNESS, just another way to divert needed funds to arms manufacturers.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:09 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
There is EVERY reason to nuke Dallas.

I agree, this proxy war in Ukraine is MADNESS, just another way to divert needed funds to arms manufacturers.
Really did laugh out loud here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: