Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 07:33 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times

Advertisements

The residential technician came yesterday and diagnosed the problem as being a “plant maintenance” problem requiring a bucket truck to fix the equipment somewhere on a pole and that could take a few days. He did replace my modem and router with the latest models but they weren’t the problem. On Saturday I spoke to a Spectrum repairman with a bucket truck who was fixing an issue for a house three homes away and told him my issue but I guess he couldn’t be bothered to do anything even though the issue was probably related to the one he was fixing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2022, 08:33 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Is it possible it's a scam email? Maybe if you click on the link in the email it takes you to some scam site?

It sounds highly suspicious.
And this is example one of what not to do. When in doubt about things like this, I'd always call. Clicking on weird links can be a recipe for disaster.

Old 12-19-2022, 08:50 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
S C A M...
Ignore the e-mail.

Old 12-19-2022, 11:41 AM

Spectrum doesn’t know what they are doing. After a technician spent an hour in my home diagnosing the problem being with the outside equipment and lines, Spectrum scheduled another appointment for another technician to do the same thing and see if a so-called bucket truck technician is needed. The first one already determined that. Every time I call Spectrum a different representative tells me something different. I told them to speak to the first technician and get a bucket truck on the job and the rep said they don’t talk to technicians. Huh? I can’t believe how much trouble it is to fix a service issue.

Old 12-19-2022, 12:22 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I think Spectrum could have checked the outside wires and connection boxes first before requiring a home visit especially with multiple homes having an outage. The last outage a couple of years ago was a problem at a connection box in somebody else’s backyard. I think most homes here have Fios so Spectrum doesn’t seem to care that much about a few homes having service issues.
There's a reason many people have FiOS, myself included...

Old 12-19-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
There's a reason many people have FiOS, myself included...
I may have to check them out. They are advertising a 10 year price guarantee on Fios for new customers.

Old 12-19-2022, 01:04 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I may have to check them out. They are advertising a 10 year price guarantee on Fios for new customers.
I can attest to having the same price and no contract. I have the 1GB plan. I had free installation and a free router. If you do automatic payments, it's about $60.00 - 70.00 a month after the credits, etc. for internet. I had cable with them years ago as well, but even back then I streamed sometimes and we're talking over ten years ago and the quality was excellent then, just as it is now. I've moved a few times, so I've needed new installations, but I've only had to re-set my router I think twice in the years I've had it, which is pretty good, considering we'd had storms and such.

Old 12-20-2022, 12:22 PM

After getting the runaround from Spectrum reps at the call center I called the technician who had come to my home. He had given me his cell phone number and I told him they wanted to send another tech to do what he already did. He went to his manager and cut through the red tape and had the problem fixed. There were two issues, the first was an amplifier down the street which was fixed by a bucket truck. The second problem was that the cable to my home from the pole had cuts from squirrel bites. He replaced that and the signal issues were gone. I was lucky to get a technician who made the fix a priority.

Old 12-24-2022, 09:02 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
I get a call every day from SPectrum telling me "how to save money on my cable bill" JUST PRESS ONE.

They are rapacious.

How to fix nearly all cable issues: Disconnect and reconnect. Aka, turn it OFF then turn it ON again.

Old 12-24-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
How to fix nearly all cable issues: Disconnect and reconnect. Aka, turn it OFF then turn it ON again.
Nearly all but not all if the problem is outside your residence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City