Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 08:44 AM

562 posts, read 464,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
It's called survivorship bias. You don't hear about the tens of millions of people who never finished HS or college but toil in minimum wage jobs or collect welfare their entire lives.
You're actually proving my point, without even realizing it. The people who toil away at minimum wage jobs are wasting their time.

I honestly think the real issue is, many do not possess the intelligence and confidence, to put their ideas to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 03:20 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,260,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
You're actually proving my point, without even realizing it. The people who toil away at minimum wage jobs are wasting their time.

I honestly think the real issue is, many do not possess the intelligence and confidence, to put their ideas to work.
You sound like you've listened to one too many motivational speeches/posts.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You sound like you've listened to one too many motivational speeches/posts.
My business is all about developing and motivating people to become the best version of themselves.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:39 PM

Quote:
My business is all about developing and motivating people to become the best version of themselves.
lol I can't even make this up.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
lol I can't even make this up.
I wish you nothing but the best, in your 9 to 5 job. But FYI: I help people like you, who work for others, become their own boss.

Nothing gives me greater satisfaction, than to help people become financially free and independent.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I wish you nothing but the best, in your 9 to 5 job. But FYI: I help people like you, who work for others, become their own boss.

Nothing gives me greater satisfaction, than to help people become financially free and independent.
Life coach MLM scammer?

Old 08-02-2022, 07:41 PM

870 posts, read 414,312 times
Quote:
My views on standardized testing is that those who score above 1450 on an SAT exam are typically very good test takers. But the SAT score doesn't really say much about their actual intellect and critical thinking skills.

Rote memorization is very different from meaningful learning.
Meaningful learning implies memorization...... You're welcome.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:48 PM

12 posts, read 4,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloStacked View Post
Wonderful news. They cheat. No one wants to attend a class with cheaters

High achieving? Getting homework and tests ahead of time does not make them high achieving.

Now the Asians will have to work hard like every other student. Sending them to a school they never heard of, means they can't get the subjects and answers ahead from the other Asian students.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/01/remote...t-high-school/
Change "asian" to "black" and realize how racist and ignorant you sound.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:49 PM

870 posts, read 414,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Asian-Americans vote republican in larger numbers with each election. They are following the pattern of the white ethnics, particularly Italian-Americans, before them. Start out as democrats until they realize that the democrats have no use for them, then start voting republican and never look back.
It has already started. Republicans made historical gains in City Council, and that former Democrat now Republican Councilwoman in Brooklyn is fighting tooth and nail for Asians, fighting for real, not just the white liberal woke hashtag #stopasianhate on a Facebook profile.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:06 PM

12 posts, read 4,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloStacked View Post
I don't have to cause black kids aren't the ones cheating.

How nice of you to pull the racist card when the proof is there.
Yes, all asian kids are cheating. All black kids are saints.

I am asian and I didn't cheat in school. Black kids tried to cheat off me all the time. I would never generalize about an entire race of people as "cheaters". Your statements are racist. Idiotic and racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: