Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 08:49 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,469,033 times

Advertisements

For those of you who keep thinking that George Soros funding DA's around the country who go easy on black and brown criminals is some sort of "Lie" or "Right wing conspiracy", then here you go. Right from the horses mouth.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-i-s...ng-11659277441

George Soro's tells us why he will continue funding DA's in our big cities. How this is allowed is beyond me. He is not even an American citizen AFAIK.

This is the best part from his article:

"This is why I have supported the election (and more recently the re-election) of prosecutors who support reform. I have done it transparently, and I have no intention of stopping. The funds I provide enable sensible reform-minded candidates to receive a hearing from the public. Judging by the results, the public likes what it’s hearing.

Mr. Soros is founder of Soros Fund Management and the Open Society Foundations."

So when there are DA elections in the future, if you care, maybe try not voting for the people he has donated millions to.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 06:22 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Old geezer can't last much longer. OTHO his kids likely will continue their father's schemes and strategies, so only hope we have is if people wake up and vote.

Other obvious solution is to pack up and move to someplace where Soros and his opinion along with money don't mean oogatz.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:17 AM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
He is allowed to operate.
You don’t think the government would get to him if they wanted?

Old 08-02-2022, 02:53 PM

Your country is for sale and the politicians are in on it, red or blue. Let that sink in if it hasn’t yet over the years.
But keep yapping about the high rents, monkey crime and financial mayhem.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:04 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Your country is for sale and the politicians are in on it, red or blue. Let that sink in if it hasn’t yet over the years.
But keep yapping about the high rents, monkey crime and financial mayhem.
Atta boy Dave

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-07-2022, 05:12 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
The bitterness of a wealthy elderly man with one foot in the grave
trying at all costs to bring down the American Empire for the results
and atrocities of World War II.

His hands are just as bloodied........................

Old 08-08-2022, 11:10 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
I was told this was anti-Semitism though

Old 08-08-2022, 11:20 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
What nobody gets, I think, is that it is possible to reform the criminal just system and also make common sense decisions about prosecutions, bail, incarceration etc. You have to have both or the system loses credibility --and effectiveness. Lock 'em up and throw away the key hasn't worked in the past and won't work in the future. Treat everybody with kid gloves hasn't worked in the past and that won't work in the future either.

The trick is finding the sweet spot. And from the looks of it, most people aren't interested doing that.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:02 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Old geezer can't last much longer. OTHO his kids likely will continue their father's schemes and strategies, so only hope we have is if people wake up and vote.

Other obvious solution is to pack up and move to someplace where Soros and his opinion along with money don't mean oogatz.
His kids will definitely continue his legacy. Those are of the moneychangers whom Jesus threw out of the temple and then three days later he was at the cross! They've had power forever and will continue to have power until they self destruct.

By the way, Russia, China, Saudi Arabia and other countries met up to discuss how to get away from the coming world order - specifically designed by Soros and others like Klaus Schwab.

Old 08-08-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
What nobody gets, I think, is that it is possible to reform the criminal just system and also make common sense decisions about prosecutions, bail, incarceration etc. You have to have both or the system loses credibility --and effectiveness. Lock 'em up and throw away the key hasn't worked in the past and won't work in the future. Treat everybody with kid gloves hasn't worked in the past and that won't work in the future either.

The trick is finding the sweet spot. And from the looks of it, most people aren't interested doing that.
Problem is, slavery took place not too long ago. You cant erase that. Lincoln tried sending them all back and failed.
Redlining, hidden racism and all sorts of road blocks and we have what we have now.

But lets not forget that America is not a country, its a place of business. There is no patriotism, there are no borders and no nationality. Those who figure this out are able to advance the most. Once you figure out how to make good money, the color is all green and that is for all races. Ive been all around this country and I see that all races in this country do very well when they want to.
People complain about the ghetto culture and its easy to single out one single race. Its an easy thing to do. But I have met people of all sorts of colors who are pure gold, gold!!

With that said, I think welfare system is cancerous, by design or not, some fall into it full throttle and never get out.
Anyone with two bits of brain knows very well that money earned is so much sweeter than money given for free.

Biggest problem is the open borders. This hurts the people living inside this country. It hurst current and future generations. Imagine if Bezos of this country didnt have to be multi Billionaires and smaller people got paid more?

Again, this is not a country and talking about any social issues is just for the birds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: