Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2024, 06:03 AM

31,918 posts, read 26,999,286 times

Advertisements

Let's see if Adams settles this one....

https://nypost.com/2024/01/24/metro/...mination-suit/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 06:37 AM

1,302 posts, read 335,745 times
Common knowledge that this has been going on for some time now. Widespread incompetence among these people. It’s one thing to discriminate and place highly qualified, Uber competent individuals. At that point it’s. It isn’t even discrimination but moreso preference. In other words, if there a competent black candidate and a competent white candidate, I see no issue with preferring the black candidate for whatever reason.

What happens ia that they hire complete idiots, fools, or morally questionable individuals. This is widespread in NYC government and it’s a major issue. It reflects itself in how the city is run.

Old 01-25-2024, 06:42 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,114,276 times
Do you just sit there thumbing through the NY Post and saying to yourself. Hmmm, which story should I post on City-Data today?

You never bother with the four thousand other threads you started previously, you just keep on clogging up the forum with threads every day.

Give it a rest already.

Old 01-25-2024, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Do you just sit there thumbing through the NY Post and saying to yourself. Hmmm, which story should I post on City-Data today?

You never bother with the four thousand other threads you started previously, you just keep on clogging up the forum with threads every day.

Give it a rest already.
There is an ignore function on CD for a reason. Learn to use it if number and or source of posts bothers you that much.

Old 01-25-2024, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
There is an ignore function on CD for a reason. Learn to use it if number and or source of posts bothers you that much.
It does not hide the poster unfortunately, so I would still see that you posted.

Stick a fork in it already!

Old 01-25-2024, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
It does not hide the poster unfortunately, so I would still see that you posted.

Stick a fork in it already!
Oh yes, it does. Long as you're logged in whatever posted from someone on your ignore list cannot be seen. Heading of thread started by someone is another matter.

I'm going to put this to test right now by adding your name to my list.

Click, dial tone, good-bye.

Old 01-25-2024, 07:54 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
"Three white female executives who worked for the city Department of Education (DOE) and claimed they were demoted in favor of less-qualified people of color have been handed a momentous victory in their $90 million blockbuster lawsuit."

I had assumed the lawsuit involved white men, but alas as I have predicted once affirmative action, consent decrees, DEI and other schemes designed to discriminate against white men, would eventually start effecting white women as well.
They tend to be the most liberal and approving of it, until of course it comes back to bite them in the a$$.
Heck one of my neighbors is an uber liberal school teacher and she was all for affirmative action despite all it's ills.
However when her sons were having trouble getting into the colleges they desired because they were taking just about everyone of color and women, she suddenly had a change of heart.

Old 01-25-2024, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Oh yes, it does. Long as you're logged in whatever posted from someone on your ignore list cannot be seen. Heading of thread started by someone is another matter.

I'm going to put this to test right now by adding your name to my list.

Click, dial tone, good-bye.
So sad that you seek so much attention. Perhaps a self help group might do the trick for ya.

Old 01-25-2024, 07:45 PM

580 posts, read 304,866 times
It’s a race to the bottom. Productivity is what made us a country that could afford a high standard of living overall.

Now we have an education system. Giving participation grades not rewarding those learning most. We have employees who want to work from home, who’s going to train those employees? They sure don’t come out of school knowing much about real world work.

Thank god for the hope of AI so we can use robots and machines to do more and more but life without work is not happiness to me.

The difference in productivity in jobs for highly effective employees and middle of the road is a factor of 2. But we want to pretend everyone is equal. God help us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: