Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2023, 12:47 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,545,565 times

Advertisements

I have the original copy my parents took home from the NYC hospital in the 1970s. Unlike yours, both "AM" and "PM" are aligned to the top of their respective cells, but like yours, the AM has been "XX"d over.

In the field for "Name of Attendant at Delivery", there's also a list of credentials (C.N.M., R.N., D.O. and M.D.) and all three of the credentials except for M.D. are crossed out.

My best guess is that they used two XXs to cross-out the incorrect option for time of day, just like they struck-out the credentials that were incorrect for the surgeon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2023, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 298 times
I would think you were born 8am..I have my original copy from birth and it's pink like the second one. the x's on mine are also slightly off but they are basically on whatever it is they are marking just like the pink one in your post. Hopefully you've solved this by now though! This post helped me with some questions I had so thank you lol.

Old 12-21-2023, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 228 times
Did you get an answer? Mine has three x’s on PM. I want to know if that means AM - or PM. My parents are gone so I can’t ask them.

Old 12-22-2023, 08:46 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
he was born at night. tf?

Old 12-26-2023, 01:24 PM

4,194 posts, read 4,077,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlackson View Post
Yes there are two forms. The regular certified one which most have is the short form. The long form, also called a vault copy, is in my understanding the "real" birth certificate. The certified short form basically servies as proof the original long form exists.

The long form has a lot more information on it including birth time, parents (mothers) address in 2 places, each parents age, occupation of father and type of business, name of hospital where born, name of doctor who attended delivery, plus doctors home or business address and his signature. The doctors info is all in his handwriting. The rest is typed out. Plus the date and time the document was filed (stamped). And of course the original certificate number (different stamping) which is referenced on the short form.

It's basically a copy of the original document typed/filled out on date of birth imposed on a nice new form. Got it in a week via Vital Chek. I think it costs the same as short form = $15 + processing fee/shipping.

It comes with a letter of exemplifcation signed by the city registrar stating it is a true copy of the original birth record.

Yeah I think you guys are right about the 8 pm. If I find out for sure I'll update here.

Added: the long form is the only form accepted for certain abroad applications (applying for dual cititzen ship etc) and need an apostille.
I know this is a reply from 2022 but I just saw it. I am guessing the NYC "short form" birth certificate is a relatively new invention and examples I've seen have a "modern" look to it. My birth certificate from the 1950s has the information described as being on a long form birth certificate and looks like the form used for Trump in the 1940s. It has a black background which I think might be from how they made certified copies back then, maybe some kind of primitive photocopy. Here's what they looked like and in this example I would read it as Trump was born at 10:54 AM because PM is completely X'ed out.

https://www.thethreetomatoes.com/wp-...ertificate.jpg

Old 12-26-2023, 01:41 PM

503 posts, read 258,405 times
Good luck figuring it out. Even if they say one thing, it still may not be correct or accurate. Some vital data is entered into the system by competent and accurate people, and some are not.

My birth certificate does not have a time on it at all. I know I was born at home, but my parents told two different and conflicting stories about what time "it" actually happened. We narrowed it down to early morning as kids were headed to school, or mid-day as kids were coming home for lunch, or late-afternoon as kids were coming home from school. The only thing they agreed on was that that some kids were passing by. Maybe my parents had more important things going on.

Not that care at all about astrology ( not offended by those who do, but I don't ), but a friend who does wanted to know my time of birth ( to see if we were compatible ) ( I could have told her we were not ) and she actually paid money to a professional "astrologer" to have me "rectified" ( whatever that means ). After several months of trying, the astrologer refunded her deposit saying it couldn't be done. That my "life" events did not correlate with any consistent time of birth. I rather like being non-rectified and non-correlated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: