Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 01:56 PM

18,850 posts, read 13,745,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
If I had posted that, I'd have been BANNED.
Needless to say, I agree with you Ms. Gilmoregal.
You get banned because you attacked and use nasty language about the people you speak of. It will continue to happen too btw. Her post, while highly disagreeable and mostly wildly incorrect, did not attack anyone.

Get it?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I go by what my eyes tell me not fraudulent numbers
Apparently even the mayor is being fooled by the 24 hour news cycle I guess.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-25-2022, 02:20 PM

621 posts, read 236,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Can you provide the numbers crime is not out of control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
lol ok. You keep believing that.

Gladly! Now are you going to provide your sources to show that crime IS out of control? And please...no partisan hack articles like the NY Post. The below sources prove that media manipulation is completely out of control. And for context, NYC is not even in the top 20 of most dangerous cities when compared to New Orleans, DC, Baltimore, etc.

Article: https://www.fox5ny.com/news/is-nyc-s...icated-reality

Stats: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/...ime-statistics

"For the month of August 2022, the number of overall shooting incidents was driven down in New York City compared with August 2021, marking the fourth-lowest number of shootings for any August in the modern CompStat era. Citywide shooting incidents decreased in August by 30.3% (115 v. 165), driven by steep decreases in the Bronx, southern Queens, and northern Brooklyn. Additionally, the number of murders citywide decreased for the month by 54.2% (27 v. 59) compared to the same period last year, a sign that the NYPD’s work to eradicate violence is taking hold."

Old 09-25-2022, 02:31 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,335,705 times
I’m getting my information from reliable sources so it’s not exactly “wildly” incorrect.

However everyone has the right to their opinion on the matter.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
When was the last time any other those professions had to do their jobs - perfectly - while being punched in the head by uninvolved parties, or else risk being thrown in jail?

You have gotten the police force you deserve. Deal with it.
So cops are told they will never be met with a difficult civilian? That people aren’t walking around with weapons everyone they arrest will have a smile on their faces? That people are happy hugging cops wanting to be arrested? Ok

The cops I know were taught and trained how to handle a situation like that maybe not all cops were paying attention or trained properly..

It’s a risk that comes with the job and they are told this upon starting. Just like every other job comes with a risk. A doctor could literally mess up and kill someone during a surgery.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:39 PM

Hey one month looks good. Everything is hunky dory. Lol

Old 09-25-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I’m getting my information from reliable sources so it’s not exactly “wildly” incorrect.

However everyone has the right to their opinion on the matter.
I spent all day yesterday at a lower Manhattan precinct with the CO, my best friend.

Just sayin’.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I go by what my eyes tell me not fraudulent numbers
That’s not smart honestly. For many many reasons..

& people are saying my statement doesn’t hold any facts? Meanwhile people are coming up with stats based off their eyes? 1 persons eyes…again can’t make any of this up even if I wanted to!

Old 09-25-2022, 03:26 PM

1,372 posts, read 712,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Gladly! Now are you going to provide your sources to show that crime IS out of control? And please...no partisan hack articles like the NY Post. The below sources prove that media manipulation is completely out of control. And for context, NYC is not even in the top 20 of most dangerous cities when compared to New Orleans, DC, Baltimore, etc.

Article: https://www.fox5ny.com/news/is-nyc-s...icated-reality

Stats: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/...ime-statistics

"For the month of August 2022, the number of overall shooting incidents was driven down in New York City compared with August 2021, marking the fourth-lowest number of shootings for any August in the modern CompStat era. Citywide shooting incidents decreased in August by 30.3% (115 v. 165), driven by steep decreases in the Bronx, southern Queens, and northern Brooklyn. Additionally, the number of murders citywide decreased for the month by 54.2% (27 v. 59) compared to the same period last year, a sign that the NYPD’s work to eradicate violence is taking hold."

But your link says the cops help drive it down with gun arrests. But prior you said they did nothing. And one month vs a month last year is pointless.

Nydailynews for the month you stated has it as “Still, almost every other major crime category increased in August — continuing an alarming trend so far this year — according to NYPD stats. The Police Department classifies murder, rape, robbery, assault, burglary, grand larceny and car theft as major crimes.” “Overall, those categories increased by 26% with five of the seven major crimes seeing upticks, cops said.”

Gun arrests going up in your link doesn’t concern you at all? And shootings are usually targets. Many other crimes to be victim off. What about increase in rape? No big deal?

Nydailynews said alarming. Not us.

Your link proves media manipulation. They chose one month of a crime drop in one category while you ignore at the bottom of it is the overall increase.

Maybe for your next post pick a week when it was raining out this year vs last. That will cause a nice headline crime drop for you.

Last edited by 94nasupra; 09-25-2022 at 03:35 PM..

Old 09-25-2022, 03:30 PM

For 10+ years now I’ve tried to break these people of the grasp the media has on them, focusing only on murder and shootings. It is what it is. They reap what they sow. Brownpine was even the victim of a crime. Still doesn’t care.

They’re jaded. They accept this way of life. Those who don’t, follow my lead: leave. NYC isn’t turning around any time soon.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City