Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2022, 11:51 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,866,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Crime is happening right in front of police precincts and no one is putting two and two together? It’s literally obvious the police are not responding to things in a timely matter or even at all because they are still upset about some BLM protest that happened a year or something ago.

Their salaries were not diminished.

They are just upset that people are now looking over their budgets and questioning their spending. they are letting crime wreak havoc on the city as push back on current budget surveillance. As if I civilians are the ones sitting down going through their budget one by one.

So yeah crime is getting bad because nothing is being done about it. If I was a criminal and read that crime was happening right in front of a police precinct and nothing was happening. I would see that as a greenlight to keep committing more crimes because nothing is being done about it. But people don’t want to admit that civilians are suffering, because cops do not want to do their jobs

Someone said that a bunch of cops are quitting. But I see that as a good thing. Let the cops who were upset about BLM protests/not doing their jobs go home and let REAL people come in who want to actually do their jobs do their jobs & actually help crime get off the streets!

If I had posted that, I'd have been BANNED.
Needless to say, I agree with you Ms. Gilmoregal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 12:56 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,337,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
If I had posted that, I'd have been BANNED.
Needless to say, I agree with you Ms. Gilmoregal.
Lol I don’t think it’s something someone should be banned over. I am close to a few retired cops myself and we have these conversations all the time.

The friends daughter who is now a cop is actually a retired sergeant.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:08 PM

1,375 posts, read 713,263 times
So you say cops not responding in a timely matter because of protests. The response time is up for police which is true.

But so are the times for fdny and ems. Are they upset over the protests to? Lots of claims they are all short staffed. But we going to just blame police for all the crime and say it’s because they are upset?

Nothing with how the climate is or bail reform or politicians or judges letting people with 3 gun arrests in a month go on no bail? It’s all the cops fault ?

A basic patrol cop I don’t think is worried about the billions in the budget. I think they could care less about the budget getting cut. It’s an excuse for them to do less I would think.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:30 PM

621 posts, read 236,553 times
Quote:
Crime is happening right in front of police precincts and no one is putting two and two together? It’s literally obvious the police are not responding to things in a timely matter or even at all because they are still upset about some BLM protest that happened a year or something ago.

Their salaries were not diminished.

They are just upset that people are now looking over their budgets and questioning their spending. they are letting crime wreak havoc on the city as push back on current budget surveillance. As if I civilians are the ones sitting down going through their budget one by one.

So yeah crime is getting bad because nothing is being done about it. If I was a criminal and read that crime was happening right in front of a police precinct and nothing was happening. I would see that as a greenlight to keep committing more crimes because nothing is being done about it. But people don’t want to admit that civilians are suffering, because cops do not want to do their jobs

Someone said that a bunch of cops are quitting. But I see that as a good thing. Let the cops who were upset about BLM protests/not doing their jobs go home and let REAL people come in who want to actually do their jobs do their jobs & actually help crime get off the streets!

Agree with you 100% Gilmore Gal. Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This “good thing” you speak of sure seems to be working out for NYC huh? Lol

Allow me to clear something up for you. Those of us who left after BLM got the much better end of the stick, by a long shot. Only a complete dolt would believe otherwise. Pension, freedom, and relaxation at 40-ish vs. more years answering to a public that hates you.

No amount of mental gymnastics can twist that dichotomy into a loss for retiring cops.

Since BLM you’ve paid me nearly $200,000 with the only requirement being I open my eyes every morning. Yeah… I’m the idiot. Bwahahhahahah
For someone so relaxed, I read your posts and the tone suggests otherwise. If the BLM protest is the reason why you and a bunch of cops retired, GOOD! I don't want anyone working for me that don't want to do the job anymore. This is a basic premise of any job.
NYC crime is being blown out of proportion like everything else in a 24h news cycle that operates on negative press. Asian hate crimes, which is numerically far less than hate crimes against Blacks, was so blown out of proportion that NYC Council and the U.S. Congress passed hate crime legislation.

That said, my car got vandalized twice. Am I pissed off about it? Of course. But is my personal experience an indication of out-of-control crime? Absolutely not.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 09-25-2022 at 01:55 PM..

Old 09-25-2022, 01:33 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,709,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post

Agree with you 100% Gilmore Gal. Well said.

For someone so relaxed, I read your posts and the tone suggests otherwise. If the BLM protest is the reason why you and a bunch of cops retired, GOOD! I don't want anyone working for me that don't want to do the job anymore. This is a basic premise of any job.

NYC crime is being blown out of proportion like everything else in a 24h news cycle that operates on negative press. Asian hate crimes, which is numerically far less than hate crimes against Blacks, was so blown out of proportion that NYC Council and the U.S. Congress passed hate crime legislation.

That said, my car got vandalized twice. Am I pissed off about it? Of course. But is my personal experience an indication of out-of-control crime? Absolutely not.

The crime is out of control. Not sure what you been seeing in 2022

Old 09-25-2022, 01:43 PM

621 posts, read 236,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
The crime is out of control. Not sure what you been seeing in 2022

Show the numbers.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:52 PM

1,375 posts, read 713,263 times
Quote:
Show the numbers.
Can you provide the numbers crime is not out of control?

Old 09-25-2022, 01:53 PM

18,851 posts, read 13,748,746 times
Quote:
Being a cop isn’t easy neither is being a doctor performing heart surgery on a 12 hour shift. It wasn’t easy for nurses to watch people die every min during the height of covid. Flighting fires in California during summer seasons are hard as hell. Not everyone can do these jobs so once someone sees it’s too much for them and they want to bounce then I’m happy to see that. I’d rather have someone who is mentally & physically equipped to do a heavy duty job then someone who doesn’t want to be there in the first place because those people will obviously do a bad job.
When was the last time any other those professions had to do their jobs - perfectly - while being punched in the head by uninvolved parties, or else risk being thrown in jail?

You have gotten the police force you deserve. Deal with it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-25-2022, 01:54 PM

18,851 posts, read 13,748,746 times
Quote:
crime is being blown out of proportion like everything else in a 24h news cycle that operates on negative press.
lol ok. You keep believing that.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-25-2022, 01:55 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,709,728 times
Quote:
Show the numbers.
I go by what my eyes tell me not fraudulent numbers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City